FK8 Tuned reliability as a daily

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
I kinda look at Hondata as a OEM company to Honda , flashpro was the first & safest mod in my eyes.
Sponsored

Rickyshoots

2019 FK8 Black
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R FK8 SBP,E-250 cargo van,
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got tuned yesterday I have quite a few mods but I will keep you posted on reliability
PRL FLex fuel
PRL intercooler
Hondata Fuel System upgrade
Hondata FlashPro
AWE Track Exhaust/frontpipe
Ballade sports Catless DP
Radium Dual Catch Cans
Rear Hasport motor mount
Acuity Shifter bushing

she made 417HP/407TQ on a Dyno jet which are great numbers and realistic considering a lot of dynos read higher or hub Dyno read very high so as of now im very satisfied with what power it made it should be a totally different car
one of the best mods I searched out is the rear motor mount and flash pro those 2 mods alone will change the whole cars feel

OP
OP
gva2984

gva2984

Not just another Type R
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just got tuned yesterday I have quite a few mods but I will keep you posted on reliability
PRL FLex fuel
PRL intercooler
Hondata FlashPro
Radium Dual Catch Cans
Rear Hasport motor mount
Acuity Shifter bushing

she made 417HP/407TQ on a Dyno jet which are great numbers and realistic considering a lot of dynos read higher or hub Dyno read very high so as of now im very satisfied with what power it made it should be a totally different car
one of the best mods I searched out is the rear motor mount and flash pro those 2 mods alone will change the whole cars feel
Is this is your daily? Those are pretty good numbers tho. You’d only need a bigger turbo, and you should be making over 500hp, at least that’s what hondata claimed with their upgraded fuel system.

Rickyshoots

2019 FK8 Black
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this is your daily? Those are pretty good numbers tho. You’d only need a bigger turbo, and you should be making over 500hp, at least that’s what hondata claimed with their upgraded fuel system.
yes with a bigger turbo id be in the low to mid 5s but yes this is my daily car so I don't wanna go that route yet I would rather wait for Ballades Cam shaft and then do the Perrin springs and valves so we can rev it out to 8k safely and see what other power is to be made my turbo is sitting at 28psi now safely which is great for me

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
PRL FLex fuel
PRL intercooler
Hondata FlashPro
Radium Dual Catch Cans
Rear Hasport motor mount
Acuity Shifter bushing

Any idea what one can expect with only hondata base map and flex fuel enabled ?

Rickyshoots

2019 FK8 Black
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any idea what one can expect with only hondata base map and flex fuel enabled ?
not really sure to be honest all depends on tuner and elevation and other little things just make sure its running good that's all that matters

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
not really sure to be honest all depends on tuner and elevation and other little things just make sure its running good that's all that matters
No tuner, just base map with flex fuel converter. I heard that simple setup will make more power as a FBO on 93 would. Pretty wild if true

Kwoner87

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #3773
Country flag
I'm running Hondata basemap 91 oct intercooler with PRL HVI, HKS Legamax exhaust, and HKS intercooler with piping. Zero issues and lots of fun. I have no idea what numbers I'm running though since I've never dyno'd before but I'm pretty curious to see what it makes.

AnotherFK8

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 C.W '18
Country flag
I'm running Hondata basemap 91 oct intercooler with PRL HVI, HKS Legamax exhaust, and HKS intercooler with piping. Zero issues and lots of fun. I have no idea what numbers I'm running though since I've never dyno'd before but I'm pretty curious to see what it makes.
How long/how many miles have you been running the tune?

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
The problem is that I don’t have any known good tuner anywhere near me, so basically I have to relay 100% off the base maps. I’m planning on getting a catless downpipe since I have a 3” catback. I’m also debating about which intake I’m getting since I’ve heard the best one is the oem. I’ve heard a lot about prl hvi, but not sure if is it worth $400, compared with oem just because I won’t be able to get a custom tune and get the best out of it.
I heard Red Star Motoring in Puerto Rico is one of the best. He does remote street tunes for like 450 or something like that. Many people say very good things about this guy. https://www.facebook.com/Red-Star-Motoring-549578525378558