Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
MoTeC M142 - $6300 :eek:
Developed by VitViper himself before he went to work for them.
Thats actually not exactly true, He did not develop Motecs fk8 kit, he developed his own using motec hardware/software. There are two kits on the market to choose from, with two different wiring harnesses. His package is a partner package. It is different and has a few things that are better than motecs package, but his does not integrate honda sensing, Motec does.

The link you provide is a link to a motec kit by motec, not vit. His are only availble through VMP. For roughly the same price.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thats actually not exactly true, He did not develop Motecs fk8 kit, he developed his own using motec hardware/software. There are two kits on the market to choose from, with two different wiring harnesses. His package is a partner package. It is different and has a few things that are better than motecs package, but his does not integrate honda sensing, Motec does.

The link you provide is a link to a motec kit by motec, not vit. His are only availble through VMP. For roughly the same price.
Fixed! Thanks for the info.

firelu21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question..... so if I buy the prl flex fuel kit for my fk8 I would have to buy the hondata fuel pump kit as well to run e85?
Also I have Prl high volume intake Prl catted downpipe Prl intercooler Prl charge pipe kit and milltek cat back exhaust any thoughts on whp I'd put down I live in a small town basically no tuners around there are dynos but none I would trust.
I purchased the car 2nd hand it came with the milltek exhaust but i cant find if it's a "true" cat back or if I need the mid pipe

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Question..... so if I buy the prl flex fuel kit for my fk8 I would have to buy the hondata fuel pump kit as well to run e85?
Also I have Prl high volume intake Prl catted downpipe Prl intercooler Prl charge pipe kit and milltek cat back exhaust any thoughts on whp I'd put down I live in a small town basically no tuners around there are dynos but none I would trust.
I purchased the car 2nd hand it came with the milltek exhaust but i cant find if it's a "true" cat back or if I need the mid pipe
Yes, you cannot run full E85 on the stock pump without severely limiting boost. You can usually put in E30 on the stock fuel system with great results though. Look here for a chart of roughly what to expect in power with various parts and tunes. It largely depends on your fuel and if you have a custom tune.

firelu21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just a heads up to everyone that the FK8 Wiki is now officially available. I'm nowhere near done adding stuff to it, but every bit of technical info that was once in this thread is now present and has been greatly expanded upon.

This thread can now act as a discussion thread for the wiki. Things you'd like to see added, things I may have wrong, debates on articles, whatever.

https://fk8.wiki/

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
no regrats!! switched to hondata! now i need to know how much power ive got ?

20200924_164913.jpg
Looks like you've been putting in a good amount of work on that thing too! Hella logs.

At first I thought you had a problem with your trims but then I saw the ignition. What meth mix are you running? :D

Been considering getting a meth kit for my own R, but only for IAT reduction.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Looks like you've been putting in a good amount of work on that thing too! Hella logs.

At first I thought you had a problem with your trims but then I saw the ignition. What meth mix are you running? :D

thanks if im in the right way! well i hope! my R pull hard,no knock and no "powerdip",great afr/maf(can't correct over 7-9%?) ive got some help from a friend and he give me the right way to unterstand the hondata/fk8 tuning platform BUT im still beginner in it?

im using 50/50 by volume and 175ml nozzle also we saw a small drop in pump duty?

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Go for meth 50/50...
The car pull real hard from 3k rpm to red line after i have it custom tuned ...
Torque curve is literally flat from 3.5 to redline

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Thanks for the post ?

Status
Not open for further replies.