Jonno426

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
Although the part you linked in particular isn't specific to the Type R, it is indeed a pain in the ass finding parts that are compatible with it for things like this. I'll work on a port injection section now that we've got some more parts. Thanks for the link!

Hell, I'd like to do methanol injection since I'm in Florida but I don't even know where to start. Guess it's time to go back down the rabbit hole.
I'm with you on meth and someone did a workaround for a Snow kit but I also heard it was more work than normal.

What we do must be an endeavor of love for the platform lol.
Sponsored

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m glad this thread exists. My car has the PRL Turbo Inlet Pipe, PRL HVI, PRL Intercooler, PRL Intercooler Piping, PRL Front Pipe, RV6 Catless downpipe, and a Remus exhaust system. I gots custom tune a few weeks ago and I was a tad disappointed with the numbers. I’ll attach the three pulls.

Honda Civic 10th gen The FK8 Wiki: Tuning and technical info CCDE6DBE-3A22-40A4-8896-1F88634E49C7

Honda Civic 10th gen The FK8 Wiki: Tuning and technical info CE17E1B6-F3DB-47DF-A7D5-BD1447A818F8

Honda Civic 10th gen The FK8 Wiki: Tuning and technical info EFDB99A3-0D7C-4842-B477-B150670A06D7

Last edited:

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m glad this thread exists. My car has the PRL Turbo Inlet Pipe, PRL HVI, PRL Intercooler, PRL Intercooler Piping, PRL Front Pipe, RV6 Catless downpipe, and a Remus exhaust system. I gots custom tune a few weeks ago and I was a tad disappointed with the numbers. I’ll attach the three pulls.

CCDE6DBE-3A22-40A4-8896-1F88634E49C7.jpeg

CE17E1B6-F3DB-47DF-A7D5-BD1447A818F8.jpeg

EFDB99A3-0D7C-4842-B477-B150670A06D7.jpeg

Uhhhh something doesn’t seem right.... you’re FBO and only 335hp? What kind of dyno did you use?

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
whatever kinda dyno this is

7686B2DE-8659-41DD-A8C2-8ED32D066492.jpeg
Off topic but glad to see I'm not the only one with a passenger side gap that you can see the clips up close where the fender meets the bumper cover...

Also I thought FBO and a tune would net you like 370ish HP from what I've read, so wonder why yours is so low... 93 octane?

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Off topic but glad to see I'm not the only one with a passenger side gap that you can see the clips up close where the fender meets the bumper cover...

Also I thought FBO and a tune would net you like 370ish HP from what I've read, so wonder why yours is so low... 93 octane?
yes 93 octane from the same Sunoco every week. This car has never seen regular. I thought the numbers seemed low myself.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Every dyno reads different. What would really be telling is if you had a baseline to compare to - the delta would probably align with your expectations. I wouldn't sweat it, I'm sure it pulls hard. Either that or your tuner went a little conservative/isn't the greatest. What's target boost PSI?

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Every dyno reads different. What would really be telling is if you had a baseline to compare to - the delta would probably align with your expectations. I wouldn't sweat it, I'm sure it pulls hard. Either that or your tuner went a little conservative/isn't the greatest. What's target boost PSI?
I have no idea, but I’d be more than happy to share a datalog.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have no idea, but I’d be more than happy to share a datalog.
I love me some datalogs. Always datalog your dyno runs if you can.

Even without mods, a basemap tune should've gotten you higher HP/TQ than that. I'm willing to bet your IATs got hilariously high while sitting on the dyno and that pulled a lot of power. Was it a hot day that day in Jersey? Your peak was a bit earlier than I would expect with all those mods, too. The same thing happened to me.

Dynos tend to read high rather than low, but it's possible it was just the dyno too. This is why it's important, when at all possible, to get a baseline at a dyno you'll know you will use again and to only compare the deltas.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Yeah. Every dyno does read differently. I’m starting to get the baseline runs more and more. That looks like a Mustang Dyno and they seem to always read lower than a DynoJet. But it is what it is. As long as you gained power and you’re happy! That’s all that matters.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I believe I owe you guys a better explanation. Because of COVID I started Etuning around mid April with Mikethetuner. My friend gifted me the dyno tuning. So my first pull on the dyno was with my etune, that’s the 335whp pull seen in the pics I provided, that was also my base map with this tuner. So horse power went down after the tune and torque increased slightly. I’m not After any specific numbers but after seeing so many people post 370-380whp with similar mods I was definitely a bit disappointed. I would like to be close to 400whp and it seems like the only way to do that will be to upgrade the stick turbo. Now if PRL would finally release it.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
My car is 100% factory and just running on the Hondata E25 map (93 and E85 mix). The fuel pump is definitely maxed at 3-4k RPM (at max torque). Here's a 3rd gear WOT data log.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnsETrjqUgsutSytROOLkhErkJKj?e=r4QM0J

I did a few pulls and still don't see any knock. I wonder if there's more timing that can be added.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I believe I owe you guys a better explanation. Because of COVID I started Etuning around mid April with Mikethetuner. My friend gifted me the dyno tuning. So my first pull on the dyno was with my etune, that’s the 335whp pull seen in the pics I provided, that was also my base map with this tuner. So horse power went down after the tune and torque increased slightly. I’m not After any specific numbers but after seeing so many people post 370-380whp with similar mods I was definitely a bit disappointed. I would like to be close to 400whp and it seems like the only way to do that will be to upgrade the stick turbo. Now if PRL would finally release it.
Nah, dude. You should be able to reach at a minimum 370whp with the mods you've got and a custom tune. You can get past where you're at with a KTuner/Hondata basemap and not a single part.

Dynos all read differently, but that run right there is reeeally low. Either your tune is overly conservative (since we can safely and easily hit 350hp with no parts and a basemap) or that dyno is horribly calibrated.

One thing you can try if you go down this route again later, is to just run the stock tune with your parts. Parts generally don't add much power when on the stock tune (nor are they dangerous to run on the stock tune), so it can be a sort of quasi-baseline for dynos if you're trying to double-check the tune rather than the parts themselves.

Last edited:

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nah, dude. You should be able to reach at a minimum 370whp with the mods you've got and a custom tune. You can get past where you're at with a KTuner/Hondata basemap and not a single part.

Dynos all read differently, but that run right there is reeeally low. Either your tune is overly conservative (since we can safely and easily hit 350hp with no parts and a basemap) or that dyno is horribly calibrated.

One thing you can try if you go down this route again later, is to just run the stock tune with your parts. Parts generally don't add much power when on the stock tune (nor are they dangerous to run on the stock tune), so it can be a sort of quasi-baseline for dynos if you're trying to double-check the tune rather than the parts themselves.
Well said. This 100%

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

thanks bro. I might need to go somewhere else.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.