Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Also I took a fair amount if timing out low load to stop all burst knock cause the burst knock was pulling so much timing it was slowing turbo spool.
I never thought about doing that.. and I've noticed the only time I really ever have knock control is right when I hit the throttle. :hmm:
Sponsored

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually if you change the fueling just a bit you’ll do better on adding timing. I believe I have no less than 2.25 degrees added in the last two columns from 4K up. As long as your running 93 octane. I had to pull 1.5 degrees out when I came up to 27 psi tapering to 22-23. I had over 4 degrees added in the last 2 columns from 4K up and it didn’t knock retard or even read anything at all even in 105 degree weather. That was on 24 tapering to about 20-21. More boost even with less timing still makes more power at 3 psi more. I think I’m still running in the last two columns at 7k 15 and 13.25 degrees of timing. I didn’t take anything out there if I remember correctly. Even just adding timing on the hondata tune makes the top end soo much better. I’m certain if I had the big turbo I could add even more timing due to less heat during compression. There is a fine line where I think if I add any more boost I will have to pull too much timing to make more power. If you want pm me and maybe we can get together on what both of us have learned on this ecu. I have some great short cuts on building the tune fast with fuel and boost but ignition timing takes the most time with this car. There areas where I have 4 degrees added and only 2.25 on the same columns but different rpm. I took a LOT of time here. Also I took a fair amount if timing out low load to stop all burst knock cause the burst knock was pulling so much timing it was slowing turbo spool.
You and @D-RobIMW ob need to do a collaboration lmao!

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This must have taken a while to put together. Very nice and thanks for sharing with the forum.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This must have taken a while to put together. Very nice and thanks for sharing with the forum.
No problem Vincent. We needed it and I had the time. Thank YOU for always pushing the envelope on your products for the R, will likely be picking up your exhaust once I save up some cash. :beer:

I just put the 27WON intercooler in the list too so people know it is under development. :patriot:

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Anybody notice 27WON voted at 426-450HP? MHMHMHMHMH :rolleyes:

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No problem Vincent. We needed it and I had the time. Thank YOU for always pushing the envelope on your products for the R, will likely be picking up your exhaust once I save up some cash. :beer:

I just put the 27WON intercooler in the list too so people know it is under development. :patriot:
Much appreciated. We have some other goodies for the CTR rolling out soon.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Actually if you change the fueling just a bit you’ll do better on adding timing. I believe I have no less than 2.25 degrees added in the last two columns from 4K up. As long as your running 93 octane. I had to pull 1.5 degrees out when I came up to 27 psi tapering to 22-23. I had over 4 degrees added in the last 2 columns from 4K up and it didn’t knock retard or even read anything at all even in 105 degree weather. That was on 24 tapering to about 20-21. More boost even with less timing still makes more power at 3 psi more. I think I’m still running in the last two columns at 7k 15 and 13.25 degrees of timing. I didn’t take anything out there if I remember correctly. Even just adding timing on the hondata tune makes the top end soo much better. I’m certain if I had the big turbo I could add even more timing due to less heat during compression. There is a fine line where I think if I add any more boost I will have to pull too much timing to make more power. If you want pm me and maybe we can get together on what both of us have learned on this ecu. I have some great short cuts on building the tune fast with fuel and boost but ignition timing takes the most time with this car. There areas where I have 4 degrees added and only 2.25 on the same columns but different rpm. I took a LOT of time here. Also I took a fair amount if timing out low load to stop all burst knock cause the burst knock was pulling so much timing it was slowing turbo spool.
You got a graph of your timing through a pull

Mine looks like this
Honda Civic 10th gen The FK8 Wiki: Tuning and technical info ignma

This was during the first week of February. Have made a couple little tweaks here and there

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Added radiator tanks and hoses. Anything else related to the engine itself I forgot?

also lol at the poll being ruined by it being shown to everyone on the forum sitewide. YALL AINT GOT 600HP AND YE KNOW IT. :D

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
You got a graph of your timing through a pull

Mine looks like this
ignmap.png

This was during the first week of February. Have made a couple little tweaks here and there
Personally I think tuning in winter is difficult. Between the cold temps, bad fuel, and tc engagement, just very difficult. I’m waiting for summer and will then tune. After which I will adjust that for winter.

jcp227

First Name
Jimmy Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue (It's even got a rear spoiler)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This was very well done and is a big help especially for the newer FK8 owners!
Thanks for sharing.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Personally I think tuning in winter is difficult. Between the cold temps, bad fuel, and tc engagement, just very difficult. I’m waiting for summer and will then tune. After which I will adjust that for winter.
I haven't really been tuning so much as just fiddling with things because I get bored lol. 3rd and 4th gear pulls still go well as long as the road is flat and dry. From that picture you can see the ignition spike and go back down right at spool up though, it wasn't on the flattest/straight road that I use mainly. My ignition advance has been the same from the summer time except I've bumped the lower end of the Rev range since then.
I can't wait for summer just to see how different my IATs are with an actual well designed intake, titanium inlet, and upgraded charge pipes. All three of those I installed this winter.
Recently I believe I got some weird 93 as I've been running the same timing for awhile and all of a sudden was getting knock retard.... Filled up again and the KR wasn't as bad, but it still shouldn't be there. I'm going to try Sunoco after I run this tank at. I've been going to Wawa for 93 since it's cheaper
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.