Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I figured it would be like that lol with the popping not being there like focus rs , and Yea I get some popping out of my greddy exhaust here and there but I like it so much I was hoping I could get more with a different exhaust , I’ll probably just keep the greddy with high flow cat dp . Really not sure yet? that awe touring does sound great tho for sure
If you really want the bangs to be loud, just grab the track edition of the AWE. Still sounds amazing, but can be too much for some. Sounds like it won't be too much for you. You'll have no trouble getting rid of it if it isn't your thing, everybody wants one but doesn't want to wait for the build time.

Getting rid of the cat altogether is another jump in volume and potentially more unburnt fuel igniting, along with the slight power increase and increased safety running leaner AFRs.

There's several super high end options available too, but they're more looks or weight reduction than sound. AWE primarily focused on sound over all else. Greddy seemingly just yolo'd the shit within the first month of the FK8 being out before we even had downpipes, lol.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I have the greddy sp high grade exhaust , and I bought front pipe and down pipe from rv6 ; wish I would have seen this before cause you stated that the greddy sp high grade comes with front pipe already ??
unless something has changed in 2 years, greddy exhausts does NOT come with a front pipe. It's a front pipe back exhaust.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
unless something has changed in 2 years, greddy exhausts does NOT come with a front pipe. It's a front pipe back exhaust.
Son of a bitch, you're right. The standard SP version does not come with a front pipe and you have to purchase the front pipe separately. Their pictures certainly made it seem like it does, though.

The GReddy SP HG version comes with a frontpipe and is described as 'catback', though.

I've updated the thread. 2020CTR got the 'high grade' version anyways.

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Son of a bitch, you're right. @2020CTR my bad friend, the list was incorrect - the GReddy SP HG version comes with a frontpipe, the standard SP version does not. Their pictures certainly made it seem like it does, though.
HG doesn't come with a front pipe.
i know first hand as that is my first exhaust before i got the sequence.

i've pmed you.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
HG doesn't come with a front pipe.
i know first hand as that is my first exhaust before i got the sequence.

i've pmed you.
UGH. Why are these manufacturers making it seem like it comes with an exhaust?

Cat-back means frontpipe included. But on their site, it's an 'optional item', even though it's in every pic of the system.
Honda Civic 10th gen The FK8 Wiki: Tuning and technical info 1596202368250

Thanks bud, I'll go through the whole list again.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Okay, I updated the thread quickly with suggestions from @boosted180sx, thanks dude. I'm gonna be going through the entire exhaust list tonight/tomorrow and making sure it's all correct. Probably needs a pricing update at this point anyways.

ImTheStatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester XT
Country flag
Okay, I updated the thread quickly with suggestions from @boosted180sx, thanks dude. I'm gonna be going through the entire exhaust list tonight/tomorrow and making sure it's all correct. Probably needs a pricing update at this point anyways.
Just want to say I reference this thread often and appreciate you maintaining it ?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Can anyone comment on the reduction of turbo lag when you replaced the stock downpipe with a high flow cat? Did you notice turbo spool time occurred quicker?

I looked at a friend’s log and the throttle pedal vs boost appear to support that.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
That's gonna be a hard one.. can't honestly say I've seen anyone custom tuned for 91. I'm sure someone has, but I haven't seen it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a pretty hard cap on 91 octane's potential power. Crazy how much difference two points in octane can make.

If I were you, I'd get tuned for the 93/94 and just enjoy it as an occasional treat of extra power. Not like we don't already have good days and bad days based on the weather. It's easy to store two tunes on the Hondata and even easier with KTuner.

This is the route I'll be going myself with flex fuel in the future, since there's only two stations within 50 miles of me that have E85.

Kudos for putting together so much info in one thread, thank you sir!

Hondata states octane rating is the ' single bigger modification to increase engine power. '
Does it mean while having a custom hondata 93 tune, if I travel to an area with only 91 octane gas, it will be either choosing a hondata 91 map or getting a new 91 tune? Tweaking the custom 93 map may not be a good idea since I have the impression that impact of switching from 93 to 91 is quite significant..

Other solution without switching map would be using octane booster(which I am skeptical about) or mixing 91 octane with E85(which induces more ethanol), octane rating in travelling has never been an issue until now?

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They are keeping it at 400whp torque. Most people are using it as safety line fir engine longevity. Torque kills engines before hp. F your not abusive you can run 450 whp on stock clutch. Don’t expect to drag race with it on slicks. Torque is also what limits clutches. It seems somewhere between 430-460 you start slipping with just pure acceleration from low rpm. I make 394whl torque and have zero problems. I also don’t do no lift shifts or drop clutch launches. Drop clutch launches are slower on the street anyway. A time attack car with over 450 whl torque and 500whp took 2 season to break a 4th gear. That’s the only failure that I know of that I can trust how the car was driven. Dumping clutches destroys trannys. In cars theres no gaurentee but I tell you when I do my turbo I’m not going to do a clutch until I get fuel system done. The stock fuels system on pump can’t make a ton of torque.
I'm running at 427WTQ but I don't drag my car, only run pulls from 2nd on really I will wind up 1st and shift before red then hammer down... and spirited driving - Almost always In +R also. I don't beat on my car and all is well so far.

We tuned on E85 (Pumps currently hitting 71-83 in my area for the ranges I have run. IT hit 427WTQ on 71 E85 so I'd imagine it's higher when I hit the taller been at 83 it feels massive. I's dual tune so it runs E85 or a mix of pump if you want to run pump. But at 1.80 vs 2.90 for gasoline I'll burn E85 30% faster with it readily available in my area.

My car sounds really aggressive when it's reving and I love the car it's simply better than it was stock by miles.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Kudos for putting together so much info in one thread, thank you sir!

Hondata states octane rating is the ' single bigger modification to increase engine power. '
Does it mean while having a custom hondata 93 tune, if I travel to an area with only 91 octane gas, it will be either choosing a hondata 91 map or getting a new 91 tune? Tweaking the custom 93 map may not be a good idea since I have the impression that impact of switching from 93 to 91 is quite significant..

Other solution without switching map would be using octane booster(which I am skeptical about) or mixing 91 octane with E85(which induces more ethanol), octane rating in travelling has never been an issue until now?
You can store 2 maps on the Flashpro. You can have 91 and 93 maps stored.

If 93 is really hard to come by, then run 91 map.

If you want the best bang per dollar, you can mix e85 with 91 to get e30. Just like with most modern turbo engines, engine knock/octane is the biggest limiting factor. Increasing octane will allow you to run more boost and timing without knocking. The overall engine is already pretty efficient.

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Your dash will go nuts, almost every code will be thrown (like when you flash a tune), you'll be forced into sport mode, your parking brake will not engage, the ignition button takes three presses to stop the car, and all VSA systems will likely be disabled although that isn't proven.

This issue won't clear until you've driven around for anywhere from 5 minutes up to half an hour in some cases. Don't let anyone tell you it's a dyno mode. It's not. I went to a meet and the dyno operator put 30 Type Rs into this state, saying it's just 'dyno mode'. I'm not sure even a dealer can clear it manually.

The VSA system detects the wheels spinning at ridiculously different speeds and decides to shut everything down related to it to keep the user safe.
Ok so i did the pedql dance and it flashed so it was off...but after the dyno im still getting these messages!!! Ive been driving for a half hour and it wont go away, i cant park my car, i can turn off...what should i do?? Keep driving??

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Ok im good now lol, that took way too long...

Gily

First Name
Gily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
question, I will get my hondata flash pro today, I just installed the HKS intercooler with piping, PRL high flow catted down pipe, PRL front pipe, I have J's racing exhaust and PRL High volume cold air intake, which tune from the ones available from hondata should I use? I run 91 octane as thats what is available here, should I go with the 91 Octane PRL tune? 91 Octane Intercooler and Down pipe? when Hondata say Down pipe do they reffer to catless downpipe? Thank in advance for the help

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Civic Type R FK8 US 2017+, 91 octane, high flow cat

Under mods disable 'EGT air charge reduction' and you can try different throttle maps if you like.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.