FK8 Production Nearing End

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
There will be plenty of low mileage excellent condition R's in the next few years. Hell, probably even mine. Bought it Feb 2019 today it has 2,800 miles. In a couple of years I'll be tired of it or too old to get in or out of it so I'll let it go and since it is just a toy it won't have many miles. Patience. "The waiting is the hardest part."
You make a good point NapalmEnema, certainly. I'll be looking for whoever drove Miss Daisy when the time comes LOL
Sponsored

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
Should have absolutely no issues finding flawless, low mileage used examples as a lot of owners garage queen these cars like they are exotics.

OP
OP

FutureFK8R

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Accord
Country flag
There will be plenty of low mileage excellent condition R's in the next few years. Hell, probably even mine. Bought it Feb 2019 today it has 2,800 miles. In a couple of years I'll be tired of it or too old to get in or out of it so I'll let it go and since it is just a toy it won't have many miles. Patience. "The waiting is the hardest part."
Well said.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
As others have said, there will always be more cars. Man did I want an S2000 back in the mid/lates 2000's, but at the time I knew it wasn't smart to put half my income towards a used car payment. Fast forward 10 years, and I was able to get a brand new CTR and love it. Car's aren't cheap, and buying a new car is one of the easiest ways to waste a ton of money, so making sure you can afford that loss should be you're priority over any other "but it's soo cool".

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Mine is no garage queen. I don't work, therefore, don't have the daily commute. I just use the R to run errands around town and for some playtime. I have another toy that I have to share time with so neither get a lot of miles. I drive both like I stole them within reason, of course.

Drive on in good health.
Should have absolutely no issues finding flawless, low mileage used examples as a lot of owners garage queen these cars like they are exotics.

Last edited:

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Plenty of good used deals out there imo! Just gotta search! Let someone else take the hit on depreciation.. if there is one for the CTR haha

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
I agree With everyone else. I don’t think you need to worry. It’s not like people are buying these cars and then never going to sell them.

People buy these cars and then they find some thing else that flips their cookie a little bit better and then they trade in. There are used ones out there. The good thing is that the demographic that can afford these cars tend to take care of these cars very well. These aren’t cars that cost like $20,000 and then people beat the daylights out of them and mod the daylights out of them. People tend to take care of these cars and also keep in mind that these are pretty well designed engines so they can take some abuse. If you’re looking for one I would just be wary of any that have been modified.
I’m keeping mine all stock stock because I’m perfectly happy with its performance right now. I don’t think I’m the only one in this category so I think you’ll have some to choose from.

Just judging from all the other collector cars the values will tend to dip a little bit in the first several years and then they will rise so you have a window off time in which you’ll find some that aren’t very expensive. Happens with most cars be it an NSX, Ferrari 308 or a Hemi ‘Cuda, imo.

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (CW)
Country flag
The nice thing about buying a CTR new is that the total cost of ownership is so low. During ownership, of course you need to pay the monthly payment, etc. (unless you buy outright) which may be a bit steep, but after you go to sell it, it looks like people are only losing $3-5K after 3 years which is pretty ridiculous, so you will recoup a ton of that money. In theory it should be one of the cheapest cars you can own own by the time you get rid of it.

GAS2HI

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R & 2006 S2000
Country flag
I also bought a “used” 19 CTR AMB with 57 miles. I feel my car even thou used, i felt it was a “new”car, and it was my top color choice.. The CRT has not depreciated very little since it came out 4 years ago therefore making it one of the “cheapest new car “ to own as DEPRECIATION is the biggest cost of owning a new car period. I am an old guy, over 70, and I would much rather look out at my pretty blue CRT In my driveway vs my boring balance of my IRA monthly statements. As I have said in other posts, life is too short to drive boring cars!!

ctrdeepblue

2018 Civic Type R / R-07443
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Back in December 2017 when i bought my 2018 CTR, i paid $6,000 over MSRP, and that was considered a "good deal" back then. As the popularity of the platform fades (and it will, eventually), prices will begin to drop. Of course, by then, something else might capture your interest. It is the way in life.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
In a similar boat - saving to buy our first house once our lease ends next July. CTR will have to wait until this time next year. I've already been stocking up some small parts, just hope I can find a good deal on a clean, used example. I am absolutely determined to get one, and will rock my FA5 until then.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My best advice: get over the 'has to be new" idea and joy awaits. Sooner.
My '18 CTR had 13K miles on it. Perfect condition. CPO with 120,000 mile/8 year full warranty.
$ 35K. In my preferred AB color. Plus a test drive!
Or pay $ 43,000+ for a new '20 CW or SGP. With no test drive. No thank you..
Very happy with my '18. Pretty sure even a $55-65,000 (with markup)Phoenix Yellow LE would not be any more fun for me to live with daily. Maybe even less.
Getting a preowned 10th gen CTR is not settling. Hope you make it happen one of these days.
Sponsored