First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Since Honda finally revealed 23 FL5

what do you guys predict the pricing will go up or down for FK8?
Sponsored

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you. I'm sure the price will be going up and you can make a fortune on it...

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's a tough one to predict. it depends on how many are available to purchase and how much the market adjustment is going to be. From what I had just learned from recently having my FK8 in service and talking to the Sales manager.
" He said "If I were you I'd keep your R were only getting two and one is already going to the owner of the dealership." "I don't even know what colors they are. " "The new ones are going to be extremely limited, and well you can't imagine how insane the mark ups on these are going to be."
For poops and giggles I had mine appraised they offered 46K for a 2017 CW 29k miles.
I purchased it for 2017 MSRP 35K.
I had posted this previously, this was from the sales manager of a very large volume Honda dealer in the Chicago suburbs, and were I got my #00006 CTR

I'd predict out FK8's will hold their values just for the sheer fact it's the first Civic Type R in the states ever and just like the 90's ITR's will be sought after classics specifically if stock.
hold on to your FK8's they are special cars and will continue to be in the future.

DistortedGod

First Name
Phantom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
That's a tough one to predict. it depends on how many are available to purchase and how much the market adjustment is going to be. From what I had just learned from recently having my FK8 in service and talking to the Sales manager.
" He said "If I were you I'd keep your R were only getting two and one is already going to the owner of the dealership." "I don't even know what colors they are. " "The new ones are going to be extremely limited, and well you can't imagine how insane the mark ups on these are going to be."
For poops and giggles I had mine appraised they offered 46K for a 2017 CW 29k miles.
I purchased it for 2017 MSRP 35K.
I had posted this previously, this was from the sales manager of a very large volume Honda dealer in the Chicago suburbs, and were I got my #00006 CTR

I'd predict out FK8's will hold their values just for the sheer fact it's the first Civic Type R in the states ever and just like the 90's ITR's will be sought after classics specifically if stock.
hold on to your FK8's they are special cars and will continue to be in the future.

Seeing as I'm also located in the Chicago area, I'm really curious about what dealership this is. Lol

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I think it will stay up. Certain car collectors look for cars that are sometimes unique. Honda always put out cars that are subtle. Even the older versions of the Type Rs. The FK8 has that unique look. This is when Honda went "wild" on the design. More "in your face" design. With the FL5, they went back to their roots of subtleness while the FK8 is unique.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In states where it's required they don't care and will do it regardless.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't believe they would install the front license bracket by default on that :(
Illinois... gotta have one..... I replaced it with a black one and taped over the plate to match the lines.

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR(sold) DE5 Acura Integra
Country flag
It looks like it’s one of the many McGrath dealerships around the Chicago area. I specifically gave the dealer instructions to not install the front license plate when I purchased mine.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
In Canada the MP would be up. Depending on the clicks

VashTheStampede

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, FK7, EG2
Country flag
Since Honda finally revealed 23 FL5

what do you guys predict the pricing will go up or down for FK8?
The FL5 is going to be built in Japan because the Indiana plant is focusing on high output. That means that this will be an extremely low-volume car by default. Combine that with the fact that Honda is making the total world’s production at that plant, and, well, good luck ever seeing one. Additionally, there will be an import tax to the US which will raise the price by several grand over the car if it were built domestically. I’ll bet production will be similar to the 2020 MY cars - 2-5,000 units in the US annually.

Anyway, what I’m saying is, that with something like 16,000 FK8s and maybe half of that for the FL5, the value will stay high. It’s not coming down. The time to buy one of these cars was February 2020. Prices are climbing - certified used 2020 cars with over 10k miles are now routinely over $50,000.

ImMikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
Illinois... gotta have one..... I replaced it with a black one and taped over the plate to match the lines.
Driver has to have one. Dealership isn't mandated to install it however. Most dealerships I've seen won't install them by default on "higher end" cars
Sponsored