FK8 Master Spring Thread!

Laosxpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Type R
Country flag
Lowered on Tein springs for a few weeks now. Feels like stock. R mode feels the best.
D1855486-7900-4A0C-9CC7-375A152BB5F2.jpeg

2BEC32A6-81C9-4D83-9FB9-E58C3A56ABA3.jpeg
How do you like the Tein? I'm looking to run a 255/35/18 setup for my GL 57cr 18x9.5 +38. Do you notice much rubbing on your setup??

Last edited:

Petrolicious

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2019 Lexus RX 350 F Sport, 2017 Golf R
Country flag
Anyone running Espelir springs? Hard to find exact specs on these springs.

J3T

First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Anyone on stock rims with 245 35 20 tires on springs? pics? Rub?

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
@Kami Speed , Eibach Sportline are rear biased setup at 325lb/in (5.8kg/mm) front and 350lb/in (6.25kg/mm) rear. drops are 0.9" front and rear, i run 265/35R18 ( tired PS4S, RE71R and AD08R)and does rub a little in front upon hard brake and rub on rear fenders when carrying passneger thru bumps. simple fix trim the rear plastics and bend the front fender brackets. tracked couple time no issue at all.
How the heck did you find these rates? I looked so many places and they are never listed. Are you using rear camber arms to reduce some of the added negative camber?

BuLL

First Name
KD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW FK8
Country flag
FYI for anyone looking to get the Spoon springs, they're on back order at GoTuning (sole authorized USA Spoon dealer) with ETA of 3-4 months.
Yep. Of course my R is ready for pickup Friday and it's 3-4 week STILL for Spoon Springs. Ughhhhhhhh I feel like the drop off from Spoon to the next best option is enormous...

I don't think I can wait since I'll have it at the shop this weekend most likely oooooofff. Leaning H&R, Espelir, or K-Tuned? Just want the best option that isn't "bouncy" and isn't dramatically stiff and uncomfortable. RIP

Petrolicious

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep. Of course my R is ready for pickup Friday and it's 3-4 week STILL for Spoon Springs. Ughhhhhhhh I feel like the drop off from Spoon to the next best option is enormous...

I don't think I can wait since I'll have it at the shop this weekend most likely oooooofff. Leaning H&R, Espelir, or K-Tuned? Just want the best option that isn't "bouncy" and isn't dramatically stiff and uncomfortable. RIP
What you think about the Espelir springs? Their spring rates are closest to OEM, and have similar drop as spin and Eibach.

BuLL

First Name
KD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW FK8
Country flag
What you think about the Espelir springs? Their spring rates are closest to OEM, and have similar drop as spin and Eibach.
I actually spoke with an R owner today that was super cool and gave me a really detailed run-down and comparison. From their comments and experience with them, very similar to stock ride quality... a bit firmer... but not uncomfortable. The ride height is great in my opinion because it closes down the wheel gap by just enough without being "too much". They didn't cut the bump stops...and haven't noticed any knock or clang which is great.

I'm debating hard between H&R and Espelir... but the Espelir spring rates look great and there is a ton of great feedback on H&R too.

Tough call.

Petrolicious

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I actually spoke with an R owner today that was super cool and gave me a really detailed run-down and comparison. From their comments and experience with them, very similar to stock ride quality... a bit firmer... but not uncomfortable. The ride height is great in my opinion because it closes down the wheel gap by just enough without being "too much". They didn't cut the bump stops...and haven't noticed any knock or clang which is great.

I'm debating hard between H&R and Espelir... but the Espelir spring rates look great and there is a ton of great feedback on H&R too.

Tough call.
Same here. Espelir is def on my list of considerations. Spoon is great, but you are paying $600 for the name.

BuLL

First Name
KD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW FK8
Country flag
Same here. Espelir is def on my list of considerations. Spoon is great, but you are paying $600 for the name.
Just ordered Espelir from a really great guy @ e-autosports.com that's expediting shipping and all to help me out this weekend. Let's just say a few other "popular" vendors couldn't care less and were complete JOs over the phone.. Oh well.

@Petrolicious I'll let you know how things are going and what I think sometime next week.

Petrolicious

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just ordered Espelir from a really great guy @ e-autosports.com that's expediting shipping and all to help me out this weekend. Let's just say a few other "popular" vendors couldn't care less and were complete JOs over the phone.. Oh well.

@Petrolicious I'll let you know how things are going and what I think sometime next week.
Nice. Hope install goes well. Did you get the silencer/rubber sleeves?
Sponsored