First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX series gray
Country flag
wedssport tc105x
I thought so...there are a set of these for sale for $1800 in the member classifieds. I really like the look but I haven’t seen them on a PMM car which is what I have. I can’t decide between these and Titan TS5/TR10 in silver or black. The problem is I don’t want to have to deal with springs (need clearance as my car is used for work) so I want whatever I get to look pretty good without a drop...
Sponsored

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
A 2
I thought so...there are a set of these for sale for $1800 in the member classifieds. I really like the look but I haven’t seen them on a PMM car which is what I have. I can’t decide between these and Titan TS5/TR10 in silver or black. The problem is I don’t want to have to deal with springs (need clearance as my car is used for work) so I want whatever I get to look pretty good without a drop...
A 255/40 would be ideal without a drop. It’s closest to stock diameter, I and fills the extra space from downsizing great, if you plan on lowering then 245/35 or 255/35 to give yourself some room.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Hi guys, i have a question: i will go with a set of Rays 57CR 18x9.5 ET38 and 235/40 ad08r, what springs ?

Thanks
is that a type o? Why a 235 that’s even skinnier than oem. Run a 255 at least.

___vanesio24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R FK8
Country flag
I live in Italy so, i can run only the 235 in the street.

For track i’ll use other size tyres

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
I've noticed that most sets of springs for the FK8 are slightly stiffer at the rear, as they should be. Makes for a slightly stiffer ride, but also helps the car to rotate properly under cornering. A few manufacturers have gone with softer rear springs, trying to impart a more comfortable ride, but that also results in just the slightest improvement in handling. This got me thinking...most Honda full road-race cars run staggered tire sizes. The champion team from a season or two back ran 285's on the front and stock sized 245's on the rear and they specified that this was to make the car rotate correctly during cornering. I got the impression that this meant neutral to oversteer, with minimal pushing of the front-end.

So, the question that I'm not nearly educated on this topic enough to answer is this: If we run staggered sizes...something reasonable for the street...say 245 at the rear, 265-275 at the front, even using the stickiest of street 'summer' tires, is that enough to screw with the available spring rates being offered for street use?

Also, just looking at the Swift Spec-R springs. These are quite stiff and even state that they are designed for track use. But, the rates seem to have the near perfectly balanced ratio, F & R. Are springs that stiff to much for street 'summer tires'? If not, anyone know how miserable they are in a city with crappy, bumpy streets? I like the looks of these and their subtle drop, but live in New Orleans where the party never stops and the quality of our streets pretty much never existed in the first place...

Thank you for your time.

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
That is far too complex to answer. Before changing springs I would start tracking with stock suspension with your desired staggered tires and go from there. And I believe staggered tires are chosen not because of cornering balancing, but rather load balancing (fronts are overused during braking, cornering and acceleration, on the hand the super wide rears wont heat up properly) and corner exit traction.

Point being tires widths should not be used to balance the car’s handling - you can do that with tire pressures, toe, camber, suspension parts and aero.

doctorbee

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
exactly. That is one disappointment I have with spoon. For 500 it should require additional things like that.
Have Eibach Pro-Kits on mines. They come with coil silencers. I bottomed out the strut recently and started hearing coil slap. The sound pretty loud. Some describe coil slap as a clunk but on mines it was more of a loud BOING. Sounds kinda like as if someone compressed the spring and then let go suddenly. It would scare me as well as my wife whenever we heard it.

Jacked it up and even though the Pro-kit comes with silencers (or a coil sleeve as Eibach calls them) there was an area on the coils where the paint had worn down to bare metal. I cut off a piece of the existing silencer and moved it onto the bare spot. No longer getting coil slap when going over dips or bumps.

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CR-Z & 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
It's been a while, but I just updated the list with all the springs that have been released thus far. There's always a manufacturer that's late about a year or so. lol. If there's anything missing that you like to see on the first page or need more info on, let me know.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Can anyone confirm whether a 18x9.5 +45 offset wheel on 265/35/18 will rub on swift springs?

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CR-Z & 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag

Ismael Lafluer

First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can anyone confirm whether a 18x9.5 +45 offset wheel on 265/35/18 will rub on swift springs?
It shouldn’t, but that can sometimes depend on tire brand and sidewall. Research tire brands and how their sizes run

Ismael Lafluer

First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
new to spring..
I am thinking to get Swift / spoon / H&R..
which one do you guys suggest?
Swift’s or spoon if you gonna track
Spoon and H&R if you daily
Swift’s if you want that 1inch drop
Depends... I have Swift’s for the drop and higher spring rate. I drive the car maybe once every other week so I’m fine. I plan on getting some track days under my belt this year.