Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2020 BMW M2c , 2020 LR Defender 110
Country flag
Doesn't seem like a popular option, but anyone here running ktuned springs?

I am and have mentioned it in a few threads.

They aren’t popular because all the newbs prefer the big name springs that really have bad spring rate/drop.
Sponsored

KayC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I am and have mentioned it in a few threads.

They aren’t popular because all the newbs prefer the big name springs that really have bad spring rate/drop.
I get it. I am looking at all the mild drop options. I don't get why H&R and white would both lower the front rates, but increase the back rates significantly. Sure it might make it more rotable on the streets, but at the track, I feel like that could be too much and can't really be all that better. What caught my attention was K tuned's spring rate.

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2020 BMW M2c , 2020 LR Defender 110
Country flag
I get it. I am looking at all the mild drop options. I don't get why H&R and white would both lower the front rates, but increase the back rates significantly. Sure it might make it more rotable on the streets, but at the track, I feel like that could be too much and can't really be all that better. What caught my attention was K tuned's spring rate.
With such a heavy nose having that low of a front spring rate makes no sense. I've added a big rear sway bar to the rear to help with track rotation. If I keep this car I'm going to go MCS and get the car properly balanced with high spring rates.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Thinking about pulling the trigger on H&R springs. Currently running 255/40 Indys on 18x9.5 +38. Anyone else run this setup or if they don't, have any opinions on H&R vs Eibach pro-kit?

Also, if going H&R did you have to cut the bump stop?

Last edited:

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
For the small handful of people running K-Tuned, did you cut the bump stops?
It's been a while, but I'm fairly certain that we removed one segment of the bump-stops. If the K-Tuned springs are the route you're looking into, I believe that you'll be pleasantly surprised, particularly by the flexibility of the offering.

the_log_ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
It's been a while, but I'm fairly certain that we removed one segment of the bump-stops. If the K-Tuned springs are the route you're looking into, I believe that you'll be pleasantly surprised, particularly by the flexibility of the offering.
I got them installed recently, and they're great! Love them!

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They truly are. They aren't the only offering that can work in this manner, but they work so well with the factory adjustable suspension. They are a bit firmer and can overpower the comfort setting a bit, making comfort mode a bit bouncy on particularly bumpy roads. But other than that, they work magnificently.

Then, we go to that next track day, or make another road trip to Robbinsville to enjoy the Dragon or the Cherohalla Skyway (I do this numerous times each year), throw it into R+ mode and discover that we can easily hang with most Superbikes and exotics in that element.

A brief, related thought, this small change of springs brings about big changes and additional challenges for your CTR. Two things I cannot recommend highly enough. The first is the rigid collar sets, front and rear. Get them, install them, and get a full four-wheel alignment. This subtle change that you'll barely notice around town will transform your experience when you're pushing the vehicle around the track or down a beautiful mountain road. The effects of removing any subframe movement are stunning.

Secondarily, and again, this is specific to those where your CTR is your daily driver as mine is, is the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. I've been using these exclusively since the factory tires wore out in just under 9K miles. I got about 24K miles of very spirited drivers, highway road-trip miles and occasionally frightening myself getting in slightly over my head on mountain roads. Being big, wide tires, none are good in standing water. But these are better, wet and dry, than anything I've ever used in the past, and they last. They replaced my old favorite (S04 Pole Position 2) because they work every bit as good if not better, while being almost 10 lbs. lighter per tire!

I don't work for Spoon or Michelin. I'm just letting folks know that the rigid collars are more amazing than you think, even more important when you start improving your suspension and adding lateral load capacity. Most everyone knows why the Pilot Sport 4S already, but just added that for those that haven't experienced them yet.

Merry Christmas! Drive fast and safe!

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
Hey guys, I am doing my research for a mild daily spring that has a nice look to it and I’ve found myself researching the K-Tuned option.

Do either of you have any pics you’d be able to share of what the drop looks like? I am on 18s and 255/40 at this time.

Appreciate the info that’s been shared so far, it sounds like this spring compliments the stock shocks well, at least per the marketing and the few personal trials I’ve read about.

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey guys, I am doing my research for a mild daily spring that has a nice look to it and I’ve found myself researching the K-Tuned option.

Do either of you have any pics you’d be able to share of what the drop looks like? I am on 18s and 255/40 at this time.

Appreciate the info that’s been shared so far, it sounds like this spring compliments the stock shocks well, at least per the marketing and the few personal trials I’ve read about.
I have a set of VR 18"x9.5" sitting in the garage that I cannot get tires for yet, so these are on stock sized rims/tires. Took these moments ago. Sorry for the close perspective, but I was leaning back against the side of our neighbor's house.
Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! 1641477178791

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! 1641477220408

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! 1641477260632

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
I have a set of VR 18"x9.5" sitting in the garage that I cannot get tires for yet, so these are on stock sized rims/tires. Took these moments ago. Sorry for the close perspective, but I was leaning back against the side of our neighbor's house.
1641477178791.jpeg

1641477220408.jpeg

1641477260632.jpeg
Thank you for sharing! Would you say on flat ground that the drop looks even? Definitely hoping to avoid the look of a higher front end.

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for sharing! Would you say on flat ground that the drop looks even? Definitely hoping to avoid the look of a higher front end.
Very even, definitely NOT higher in the font. That would look terrible! If there is any lean to it, it may be fractionally lower in the front. But if it is, it's so tiny and insignificant that I may be imagining it. I just walked out and looked again and it looks even front to back. Perhaps it's just the shape of the front end or the downward slant of the trim, but I always feel like the front is a fraction of an inch lower. If it is, I'm fine with it.

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! 1641481495824

How's this for a Honda driveway: 2000 Insight, 2015 Fit, 2015 Si sedan, 2019 CTR (all in need of a bath!)

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! 1641481648093

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
Very even, definitely NOT higher in the font. That would look terrible! If there is any lean to it, it may be fractionally lower in the front. But if it is, it's so tiny and insignificant that I may be imagining it. I just walked out and looked again and it looks even front to back. Perhaps it's just the shape of the front end or the downward slant of the trim, but I always feel like the front is a fraction of an inch lower. If it is, I'm fine with it.

1641481495824.jpeg

How's this for a Honda driveway: 2000 Insight, 2015 Fit, 2015 Si sedan, 2019 CTR (all in need of a bath!)

1641481648093.jpeg
Perfect! I think the K-tuned might have moved to the top of my list and I've also found some great deals on them online. I wish there was feedback from more people running them, but the few of y'all that have them on their cars speak very highly of them. I don't have any intention of tracking my car, but I really want something that gives me the lower look I want while working well with the stock shocks.

Daily comfort with a bit of added performance and looks is what I'm after and I can't justify the cost of the Spoon springs, as at the end of the day its a metal coil. Hopefully the longevity on these K-tuned springs pans out, but I'm fairly certain they make good quality products.

And that's one hell of a Honda driveway :thumbsup:

the_log_ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag

Yep, it was tough finding feedback on the K-Tuned springs. Had them installed late last month and so far no issues, and the car rides perfectly fine. The drop isn't drastic, but just enough for me right now until I get the itch to get lower.

As for how even it is front to back, I feel like it's pretty even. See for yourself below and decide.

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! 20211226-L4G_8275A
Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! 20211226-L4G_8288E
Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! 20220105-L4G_8349b

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! ECFDB852-9135-44B4-8E4C-3167BCBD6992
Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! F3D16321-1460-4B81-8846-3E875A428D8E

Might end up going coils when it comes time to replace (whenever that is), but I'm good with this right now.

Last edited:

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
Yep, it was tough finding feedback on the K-Tuned springs. Had them installed late last month and so far no issues, and the car rides perfectly fine. The drop isn't drastic, but just enough for me right now until I get the itch to get lower.

As for how even it is front to back, I feel like it's pretty even. See for yourself below and decide.

20211226-L4G_8275A.jpg
20211226-L4G_8288E.jpg
20220105-L4G_8349b.jpg

ECFDB852-9135-44B4-8E4C-3167BCBD6992.jpeg
F3D16321-1460-4B81-8846-3E875A428D8E.jpeg

Might end up going coils when it comes time to replace (whenever that is), but I'm good with this right now.
Wow! Thanks so much for the photos! It almost looks like your car has less of a drop than @nYdGeo car but it’s probably just the wheel/tire/offset difference. Either way it looks great and seems like a great height for a daily setup. Are you 18x9.5 +38 with a 255/40? These springs should be more talked about, especially with the rates and the mild drop.

Can’t thank you guys enough for the info, I really appreciate it.