AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Interesting. By the the numbers, it looks like Spoon would be the closest to stock, but I've still read reports from owners who have said that with the OEM struts, they still experiencing bouncing.

Does anyone in this thread have any experience with any springs that don't cause bouncing? I'd like to just eliminate some of my wheel gap on 18's without impacting the OEM setup otherwise.
what do you mean by bouncing, like abnormal rebound when going over bumps?
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
everyone has different definition of what "bouncing" is so hard to answer your question.

ive personally had pro kits before and now on swifts.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
what do you mean by bouncing, like abnormal rebound when going over bumps?
As an example, I was riding in my friend's R yesterday and he has Swift springs. We hit an off ramp that had uneven pavement and began repeatedly bouncing up and down like we were on a trampoline. I've never experienced that on the stock springs.

To further clarify, it didn't feel like the entire car was jarring around. Instead, it felt like the tires were planted and the rest of the car was bobbing up and down on them.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
As an example, I was riding in my friend's R yesterday and he has Swift springs. We hit an off ramp that had uneven pavement and began repeatedly bouncing up and down like we were on a trampoline. I've never experienced that on the stock springs.

To further clarify, it didn't feel like the entire car was jarring around. Instead, it felt like the tires were planted and the rest of the car was bobbing up and down on them.
The bobbing up and down like youre on a trampoline is not normal, even if you are lowered on just springs.

I wonder if he cut his bumpstops or not?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i have never experienced that feel on swift springs.

repeatedly bouncing up and down like a trampoline are symptoms of a blown shock tbh.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
The bobbing up and down like youre on a trampoline is not normal, even if you are lowered on just springs.

I wonder if he cut his bumpstops or not?
Interesting. Could you help me understand what the bump stops do?

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
It stops the strut from bottoming out. If you lower the car, most people cut the bump stop in half otherwise, if you hit bumps, youll hit the bump stop more which I think could be the reason why your friends car may bounce like crazy.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Without going too into detail, the simple explanation would be that It's there so you dont bottom out your shocks.
ppl usually cut them slightly when they install a lowering spring to regain some of the lost travel from the shortened spring.

If you are constantly riding on the bump stops, your car will feel like it has a very stiff spring rate and the car will feel very uncomfortable.

as far as cutting them, when i spoke to swift, they said they tuned their springs to be used without modifying the bump stops so i personally didnt modify mine. Plenty of people do though and it would depend on the kind of roads you drive on.
I believe eibach and spoons wants you to cut them possibly because of the softer rates which would compress the springs more than swifts would.

Shooby-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Anyone know if you will rub on eibach pro kit with 18x9.5+45 wheel specs and 255/40 tires?

JDMFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CBP FK8 CTR
Country flag
Anyone got pics of various setups on 18x9.5+45 wheel and 255/40 tires ?

I've only been able to find Swift so far, still searching through the thread for other less aggressive drops! Whiteline??

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
Anyone got pics of various setups on 18x9.5+45 wheel and 255/40 tires ?

I've only been able to find Swift so far, still searching through the thread for other less aggressive drops! Whiteline??
I have Whiteline but with 18x9.5+45 and 265/35. I had my rear fenders trimmed just for peace of mind.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Does anyone know if H&R sport springs is less of a drop then the Spoons? Spoon state 0.8 and H&R state the same (0.8) - but why does it seems they are less of a drop than the Spoon springs.

FK8_Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm running swift springs with 18x9.5 et36 wheels and 255/35 AD08r's. Very slight rubbing front and back on hard fast corners. I folded the front tabs up as they were just catching and trimmed the rear over fenders with a knife as again they were just catching. No rubbing or arch liners or anything metal though
I know this has been awhile but do you have any pictures of how you trimmed the rear?
Sponsored