Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nice
How do you like the ride quality so far. I have swift, but on 245/35/20. R mode is a tad bit too bouncy on certain road situations. but overall its good. I also had a Eibach 25mm rear sway bar installed and it has made the world of difference in regard to handling.
Love the ride. These are perfect imo. I had hks hipermax which are almost twice the spring rate so these don't feel bad to me. I had to sell the the hipermax due to the horrible roads here in Colorado (just moved here).

I'm also running 245/35 tires
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know you’ve changed your springs a number of times... do you follow the “Spoon method”? Or your own way. Thinking of lowering with Spoon springs in the future and going back and forth on whether or not I want to install or have local shop install....
Funny you ask. I recently found a way to speed up the install. I've had prokit, spoon, hks hipermax and now these.
Check here for how I did the install. Only about an hour for front and back to install
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/spoon-springs-install-diy.27507/page-3#post-912241

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag

Labeller19

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Sorry, there must be some confusion on my end. I thought that you had been running 255/35/18. I feel like those would be way too short compared to stock.

I’m also interested in perhaps trying at 265/40 next time.

I agree with you that the gearing is a bit short. I discovered that whilst I was R shopping last year when I threw everything into a gear speed calculator. Heck, it’s even shorter than that assuming early fuel cut before indicated redline.

I think the wheel gap looks fine with 255/40. Would probably be nearly perfect with a 265/40.

C93A1A70-1A88-41A9-9092-7C3A545C5E06.jpeg
Are you drop on these 255/40? 1” ?

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Love the ride. These are perfect imo. I had hks hipermax which are almost twice the spring rate so these don't feel bad to me. I had to sell the the hipermax due to the horrible roads here in Colorado (just moved here).

I'm also running 245/35 tires
How would you compare them to Spoon? Been thinking of switching for a little more of a drop/an even drop but I'm worried about losing the ride quality.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How would you compare them to Spoon? Been thinking of switching for a little more of a drop/an even drop but I'm worried about losing the ride quality.
Ride quality is stiffer with swift and feels more "race track" ready. Spoon kind of felt strange in turns...like loose feeling at times.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
Ride quality is stiffer with swift and feels more "race track" ready. Spoon kind of felt strange in turns...like loose feeling at times.
Spoon is definitely stiffer than stock, but isn't overly stiff in my opinion. Still feel like the car rides pretty well the majority of the time, but it is definitely more "bouncy" when the road gets choppy.

Can't speak to the in turn feeling that @02SilverSiHB mentioned, everything feels pretty buttoned down to me, but maybe i just haven't pushed it enough.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Spoon is definitely stiffer than stock, but isn't overly stiff in my opinion. Still feel like the car rides pretty well the majority of the time, but it is definitely more "bouncy" when the road gets choppy.

Can't speak to the in turn feeling that @02SilverSiHB mentioned, everything feels pretty buttoned down to me, but maybe i just haven't pushed it enough.
Yeah they're not bad though. Def good for those that don't want swift stiffness

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
am i wrong thinking that h&r sports will feel the closest to stock while providing a similar drop to spoon? looking to lower .75-.8 inch at the most so that kinda limits my choices

Nivola

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type r fk8
Country flag
Did you know the honda codes for 2020 type r LE right front spring, left front spring and rear springs?

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
i know eibach pro kits sit higher in the back but does anyone know if thats the case with h&r or whiteline?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Interesting. By the the numbers, it looks like Spoon would be the closest to stock, but I've still read reports from owners who have said that with the OEM struts, they still experiencing bouncing.

Does anyone in this thread have any experience with any springs that don't cause bouncing? I'd like to just eliminate some of my wheel gap on 18's without impacting the OEM setup otherwise.
Sponsored