FK8 Master Spring Thread!

Petrolicious

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 CTR, 2019 Lexus RX 350 F Sport, 2017 Golf R
Country flag
Yep. Of course my R is ready for pickup Friday and it's 3-4 week STILL for Spoon Springs. Ughhhhhhhh I feel like the drop off from Spoon to the next best option is enormous...

I don't think I can wait since I'll have it at the shop this weekend most likely oooooofff. Leaning H&R, Espelir, or K-Tuned? Just want the best option that isn't "bouncy" and isn't dramatically stiff and uncomfortable. RIP
What you think about the Espelir springs? Their spring rates are closest to OEM, and have similar drop as spin and Eibach.

Advertisement

BuLL

First Name
KD
Reaction score
Car(s)
a few toys... Type R incoming :fingerscrossed:
Country flag
What you think about the Espelir springs? Their spring rates are closest to OEM, and have similar drop as spin and Eibach.
I actually spoke with an R owner today that was super cool and gave me a really detailed run-down and comparison. From their comments and experience with them, very similar to stock ride quality... a bit firmer... but not uncomfortable. The ride height is great in my opinion because it closes down the wheel gap by just enough without being "too much". They didn't cut the bump stops...and haven't noticed any knock or clang which is great.

I'm debating hard between H&R and Espelir... but the Espelir spring rates look great and there is a ton of great feedback on H&R too.

Tough call.

Petrolicious

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
I actually spoke with an R owner today that was super cool and gave me a really detailed run-down and comparison. From their comments and experience with them, very similar to stock ride quality... a bit firmer... but not uncomfortable. The ride height is great in my opinion because it closes down the wheel gap by just enough without being "too much". They didn't cut the bump stops...and haven't noticed any knock or clang which is great.

I'm debating hard between H&R and Espelir... but the Espelir spring rates look great and there is a ton of great feedback on H&R too.

Tough call.
Same here. Espelir is def on my list of considerations. Spoon is great, but you are paying $600 for the name.

BuLL

First Name
KD
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Same here. Espelir is def on my list of considerations. Spoon is great, but you are paying $600 for the name.
Just ordered Espelir from a really great guy @ e-autosports.com that's expediting shipping and all to help me out this weekend. Let's just say a few other "popular" vendors couldn't care less and were complete JOs over the phone.. Oh well.

@Petrolicious I'll let you know how things are going and what I think sometime next week.

Petrolicious

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Just ordered Espelir from a really great guy @ e-autosports.com that's expediting shipping and all to help me out this weekend. Let's just say a few other "popular" vendors couldn't care less and were complete JOs over the phone.. Oh well.

@Petrolicious I'll let you know how things are going and what I think sometime next week.
Nice. Hope install goes well. Did you get the silencer/rubber sleeves?

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag

I’m interested to hear how you like the Espelir springs as well. Did you purchase their bump stops as well? I was told Espelir recommends swapping out OEM bump stop and replace with theirs when using their springs...

BuLL

First Name
KD
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Nice. Hope install goes well. Did you get the silencer/rubber sleeves?
The vendor I am working with just told me he's including the sleeves for the front springs... since that's what he recommends and that's what he uses on his own setup... which is Espelir haha

BuLL

First Name
KD
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
I’m interested to hear how you like the Espelir springs as well. Did you purchase their bump stops as well? I was told Espelir recommends swapping out OEM bump stop and replace with theirs when using their springs...
Good question, as I mentioned above, the vendor has a Type R and has the springs installed and has had them for some time. He owns the white Type R in a lot of their IG posts. He did not cut the stock bump stops and did not use their "recommended" part... but I know which piece you're talking about.

It's pretty cool the guy gave me his cell #... so I literally just texted him and asked haha.

I'll keep you guys in the loop and might make a build thread to add comments and opinions, etc.... so keep an eye out.

If you don't hear from me, just DM me.

J3T

First Name
Jet
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Who sells Spoon springs? Is 12-16 weeks wait normal?

Advertisement

Advertisement