Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
I just ordered some 18x9.5 +38 wheels for my fk8 and am contemplating going with a 255/35 tire. I was planning on going with spoon springs but am now also considering H&R. My car is a daily and family hauler so I need to maintain a comfortable ride and hopefully not have a ton of rubbing. Any one have any experience comparing these two springs?
Sponsored

Supastar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Do u need an alignment after swift spring install? Does it mostly affect camber? toe and caster stays same?

And can u adjust minor camber without the need of camber arms?

Thx

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Do u need an alignment after swift spring install? Does it mostly affect camber? toe and caster stays same?

And can u adjust minor camber without the need of camber arms?

Thx
Absolutely! Alignment will be out of wack when you unbolt suspension components. I will drive around for a few 100 miles for the springs to settle then have it aligned.

Supastar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Absolutely! Alignment will be out of wack when you unbolt suspension components. I will drive around for a few 100 miles for the springs to settle then have it aligned.
Then can u do an alignment (similar to stock setting) without aftermarket camber arms?

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Lowering the car will naturally add more negative camber. The more you lower it, the harder to align it to factory specs without aftermarket part. Not sure about this car, but I had no issues aligning everything to the “green area” around the factory specs on my previous cars. There are some small adjustment you can make with factory components.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Swift springs installed! Initial impression is that the ride is noticeable firmer, but it’s still comfortable, and it clears all the speed bumps in my neighborhood. Glad I went with Swift after 2 years of debating lol because the drop is straight fire, and I wouldn’t be satisfied with anything else. Sorry for the crappy pix.

Thanks @Kami Speed for the fast shipping and @02SilverSiHB for answering my questions when I’m stuck during the install. Appreciate your help man!

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! 3A5CE6BB-799C-4A61-A57B-87D094A8C8E5

Last edited:

Supastar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Looking for answers from swift spring owners...

1) does the spring mostly affect camber only, and toe & caster remains mainly unaffected

2) can you correct for the increased camber changes back to stockish alignment without aftermarket camber arms?

Thx

evans609

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2012 Subaru STi, 2015 Veloster
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
hey all, scanned through a few pages and trying to find if anyone is using Whiteline Springs. Currently running 18x9.5 +38 wheels with 255/30 tires. Was seeing if the spring is still a good ride. Dont want to drop too much as roads are garbage where I live

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! w4YW5nP

Jaferm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Wanted to get everyone's opinions on this. It seems that swift has been the favorite so far, I am looking for one that does not hinder ride quality and preferably one that does not require cutting any oem components. I believe Eibach requires cutting not sure about swift or H&R or the rest.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Wanted to get everyone's opinions on this. It seems that swift has been the favorite so far, I am looking for one that does not hinder ride quality and preferably one that does not require cutting any oem components. I believe Eibach requires cutting not sure about swift or H&R or the rest.
Swift is noticeably stiffer than OEM. In term of cutting bump stop, it’s kind of ironic because Swift said you don’t have to cut the bump stop even though it has the most aggressive drop. Both Eibach and Spoon’s instruction said cut the bump stop. I have Swift and I cut mine anyways. To me, it makes sense because I already lost 1” of shock travel with Swift, and I didn’t want to hit the bump stop every time I hit a big dip. The bump stop is only a piece of hard polyurethane.

Jaferm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Swift is noticeably stiffer than OEM. In term of cutting bump stop, it’s kind of ironic because Swift said you don’t have to cut the bump stop even though it has the most aggressive drop. Both Eibach and Spoon’s instruction said cut the bump stop. I have Swift and I cut mine anyways. To me, it makes sense because I already lost 1” of shock travel with Swift, and I didn’t want to hit the bump stop every time I hit a big dip. The bump stop is only a piece of hard polyurethane.
Thanks man. What is your wheel setup on those springs, assuming you have 0 fitment issues ?

OverRev

First Name
PC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 EG5, 1999 EK9, 2019 FK8
Country flag
@Kami Speed , Eibach Sportline are rear biased setup at 325lb/in (5.8kg/mm) front and 350lb/in (6.25kg/mm) rear. drops are 0.9" front and rear, i run 265/35R18 ( tired PS4S, RE71R and AD08R)and does rub a little in front upon hard brake and rub on rear fenders when carrying passneger thru bumps. simple fix trim the rear plastics and bend the front fender brackets. tracked couple time no issue at all.

Last edited:

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Thanks man. What is your wheel setup on those springs, assuming you have 0 fitment issues ?
My current set up is 18x9.5 +38 with 265/35 Michelin PS4S and I don’t have any issues after I bent the front tab and trim the plastic fender in the rear.
Sponsored