First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going to be the age of valved exhausts for sure.... At some point I'll swap my megan racing catback for one with a valve so I can close it up when the po-po are around. Just wanted something quick to sound better for now but at this point I'm just waiting for NY to start some similar initiative and will wish I had just shelled out for a valved. Would highly recommend for anybody in cali. Or, if you want to go another route, you could take your stock exhaust an install a cutout with the same type of valve.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/c-exhaust-performance-cutout/

Honestly, if I had learned about this before buying my catback, probably would have tried it first with stock catback. Donut Media did a video on it and seems pretty straightforward to install aside from the welding. I think I saw a video of a CTR with one on youtube and it actually sounded pretty good from the outside. I think if you have a catless dp though it will be insanely raspy and not sound good.
Sponsored

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Invidia r400 and the cop didn’t even test how loud the car was . He just give me the ticket.
Dude, you can fight this. I did when they (CHP) pulled me over for the exact same thing. Sound is subjective. If he did not use a db meter to test your exhaust sound, then there it is no foundation for the ticket because it is his opinion. Like some guys like fat women and some like skinny ones.;) I would fight it. I have an R400 and cops were besides and some behind my car and they didn't do anything. I think you just got a cop that doesn't like imports.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Hey guys i just got a ticket for having a loud exhaust in California. Does anyone know how much the ticket will be ?
Hey Moises,
It's been nearly a month now.
How did you go about resolving your loud exhaust ticket?
Thanks,

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going to be the age of valved exhausts for sure.... At some point I'll swap my megan racing catback for one with a valve so I can close it up when the po-po are around. Just wanted something quick to sound better for now but at this point I'm just waiting for NY to start some similar initiative and will wish I had just shelled out for a valved. Would highly recommend for anybody in cali. Or, if you want to go another route, you could take your stock exhaust an install a cutout with the same type of valve.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/c-exhaust-performance-cutout/

Honestly, if I had learned about this before buying my catback, probably would have tried it first with stock catback. Donut Media did a video on it and seems pretty straightforward to install aside from the welding. I think I saw a video of a CTR with one on youtube and it actually sounded pretty good from the outside. I think if you have a catless dp though it will be insanely raspy and not sound good.
This option looks good. I have a stock Type R on my FK7. Does anyone know if i should get the 60mm / 2.362" Exhaust Cutout - Right-hand Exit or a different one that would fit?

TIA,
G
Sponsored