ineedahonda

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I am curious if anyone has any experience with the purge jet in the intake pipe. The US cars seem to come with the clunky purge jet but in several pictures and intake installation documents I see FK8s with just a hose leading to the pipe. I was able to find a parts diagram with the different setup but cannot find the part number listed anywhere. Would the part work on a US car without any CELs? I would assume you would have to cap off the other end down on the charge pipe. Any help is appreciated.

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Intake Tube Purge Jet IMG_9060.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Intake Tube Purge Jet IMG_9061

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Intake Tube Purge Jet IMG_9062

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I am curious if anyone has any experience with the purge jet in the intake pipe. The US cars seem to come with the clunky purge jet but in several pictures and intake installation documents I see FK8s with just a hose leading to the pipe. I was able to find a parts diagram with the different setup but cannot find the part number listed anywhere. Would the part work on a US car without any CELs? I would assume you would have to cap off the other end down on the charge pipe. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_9060.JPG

IMG_9061.jpg

IMG_9062.jpg
Why are you want to get rid of the evap system?

You can deleted but you need a tuning device, hondata or k tuner and then unckeck the box evap error.

OP
OP

ineedahonda

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Why are you want to get rid of the evap system?

You can deleted but you need a tuning device, hondata or k tuner and then unckeck the box evap error.
Thanks for the info. Not necessarily wanting to delete the evap system. But I’ve noticed factory cars with and without the valve and wondering if it can be done on the US cars. I do have Hondata. Recently got the PRL silicone intake pipe and have struggled a bit with the top vac hose on the purge valve rubbing on the hood. Plus it looks cleaner without the valve.

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Looking at the parts diagram, there are no electronics involved with that part. Thus, there is no way for the ECU to know it has been removed. I think you can delete it without any problem.

My FK8 here in Asia has the parts the OP encircled in red.

Last edited:

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Looking at the parts diagram, there are no electronics involved with that part. Thus, there is no way for the ECU to know it has been removed. I think you can delete it without any problem.

look again.. there is a gas tank evap solenoid that Ts into this line going over the valve cover.. #18

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
look again.. there is a gas tank evap solenoid that Ts into this line going over the valve cover.. #18
Yes but there are no electronics in part #5. So the solenoid would not know whether it was drawing air from the intake tube or boost tube. As long as the solenoid is there, there won't be a check engine light.

If it matters, my car also has the solenoid that goes into that T.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ineedahonda

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

Thanks Shadow. I’d be curious if you are able to find the part numbers for #6 and #12 in the diagram. I’m not having any luck here in the states. Also is there just a cap where the hose connects on the charge pipe?

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks Shadow. I’d be curious if you are able to find the part numbers for #6 and #12 in the diagram. I’m not having any luck here in the states. Also is there just a cap where the hose connects on the charge pipe?
I think the purge system of the US is unique when compared to the rest of the world. You can find the part numbers in the UK website.

Here it is:

https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-ca...TROL-SOLENOID-VALVE-TYPE-R-/31140/E22/1/31140

36164-5K8-003 flange part
36170-5BF-000 tube

As for the charge pipe, there is no provision for a hose in mine. Finding a cap that can withstand 20+ psi of boost might be difficult. Most automotive rubber caps are suitable for vacuum.

What I would do, although not too pretty, is to get a short piece of boost suitable rubber hose that is the same ID as Part #14. One side goes to the charge pipe. The other side, find a hose barb plug that fits the hose. Something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MALE-BARBE...341021?hash=item288cb4a5dd:g:qUAAAOSwh-JdwhQ2

Some people just plug it with a bolt secured with a hose clamp.

When I upgraded to PRL intercooler pipes, the hose barb on the boost tube was removable. I plugged it with an -4AN flare plug fitting with o ring. That's the same type of fitting PRL uses for their barb.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ineedahonda

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I think the purge system of the US is unique when compared to the rest of the world. You can find the part numbers in the UK website.

Here it is:

https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-ca...TROL-SOLENOID-VALVE-TYPE-R-/31140/E22/1/31140

36164-5K8-003 flange part
36170-5BF-000 tube

As for the charge pipe, there is no provision for a hose in mine. Finding a cap that can withstand 20+ psi of boost might be difficult. Most automotive rubber caps are suitable for vacuum.

What I would do, although not too pretty, is to get a short piece of boost suitable rubber hose that is the same ID as Part #14. One side goes to the charge pipe. The other side, find a hose barb plug that fits the hose. Something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MALE-BARBE...341021?hash=item288cb4a5dd:g:qUAAAOSwh-JdwhQ2

Some people just plug it with a bolt secured with a hose clamp.

When I upgraded to PRL intercooler pipes, the hose barb on the boost tube was removable. I plugged it with an -4AN flare plug fitting with o ring. That's the same type of fitting PRL uses for their barb.
Shadow thank you so much for the help! I’m sure many folks here in the US will appreciate this information.
Sponsored