FK8 Injen Intake Install

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Injen Intake Install 80568182_1190895161301139_8093897909768028160_n
Hi, new to the FK8 platform. I recently went and got the Injen SRI installed on my FK8. Just wondering if I got this right since the instructions are not very descriptive (at least to me). I wasn't sure if these OEM hard hoses on the left were to be removed or not. Can anyone tell me what these hoses are used for and if i need to go back and reinstall this thing ? Thanks !
Sponsored

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
That goes into the intake to the left of the evaporation flange. Not quite sure what hose you have in there.

Being honest and not trying to be rude, but you're 100x better off with the stock intake because that one is just about the worst intake to put on this car. The stock unit isolates the filter/air coming through from the hot temperatures of the engine bay and works better than most aftermarket intakes. That one is totally exposed and just sucks in a ton of hot air and would never cool down once the car has been running. You figure since it's right next to the downpipe and turbo which emit a redicilous amount of heat.

If you're looking for sound a drop in air filter, say by k&n, or the PRL stage 1 filter and hose would do the trick.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
The injen intake requires you to remove that metal hose. Should've came with hoses and stuff to bypass that metal hard line and connect the coolant line together.

and yeah i had that intake way back when it was the only intake available to purchase. While the sound it made was really awesome, it performed like hot garbage.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Thanks all for your inputs. Had the install problem resolved. I also see the high IATs (~140+ F) everyone in the forums was mentioning, also noticed the boost pressure readings topping off around 15psi (not sure correlated).

I also had the prl catted dp, fp, charge pipe kit, and fmic installed thinking it will help with the air flow and cooling. Total noobie move on my behalf.

With that being said, i think i will just stick with this as it sounds kind of cool for the next few winter months and probably swap back to stock closer to the spring or get the PRL intake.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
The injen intake requires you to remove that metal hose. Should've came with hoses and stuff to bypass that metal hard line and connect the coolant line together.

and yeah i had that intake way back when it was the only intake available to purchase. While the sound it made was really awesome, it performed like hot garbage.
You got incredible luck to even have a buyer for that junk of an intake. I would of just threw it in the garbage can and be done with it. Oh wells.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
You got incredible luck to even have a buyer for that junk of an intake. I would of just threw it in the garbage can and be done with it. Oh wells.
yeah i agree but i bought it for like $330 when it first came out and sold it for $100. The dude wanted the sound and i wasn't going to turn down $100 :)

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
yeah i agree but i bought it for like $330 when it first came out and sold it for $100. The dude wanted the sound and i wasn't going to turn down $100 :)
Atleast the person knew what he is getting himself into.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We’re looking out for ya when we say change back to stock intake. We’ve seen too many horror stories with that intake. At least change it in the summer like you said. Drive safe and happy holidays. :drive:

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Haha thanks guys, I really appreciate the insight. Yeah Im just going to keep this for the next two months and swap it to something else. Was a pita to install it so I figured I’ll just leave it on for now.
Sponsored