WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Do you know if the manufacturer for Amazon Basics oil is the same as any of the other big brands by chance?
Nothing noteworthy.
Its not much of a cost savings either. I can't see any logical reason to run this stuff in a high performance engine.
Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Engine Oil Recommendations, Daily & Track Use 1611760264958

Edit: for comparison purposes, the savings are literally less than $1 vs buying a brand name.
Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Engine Oil Recommendations, Daily & Track Use 1611760756068

Last edited:

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Nothing noteworthy.
Its not much of a cost savings either. I can't see any logical reason to run this stuff in a high performance engine.
1611760264958.png

Edit: for comparison purposes, the savings are literally less than $1 vs buying a brand name.
1611760756068.png

interesting, I never looked into the price. Some owners seem pretty frugal I guess.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I use Motul Ecolite 8100 0w20.

It has the latest API SP, ILSAC, GM Dexos approvals for turbocharged engines.

You’ll be safe to use pretty much any oil with those certs.

Personally, I use Motul because the I think logo is cool and I see it on race cars, lol.
This is the most honest answer lol! I think oil marketing is so good that it makes people worry needlessly about getting the "best" one. In reality if they're certified to the standards, they are all close enough that it won't make a difference to 99.5% of us. Doing oil changes promptly and not putting them off is way more important than the exact brand.

Dude

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 type R
Country flag
Nothing noteworthy.
1611760264958.png

1611760756068.png
i guess their prices have gone up, i remember it being 19-20, yea, at that point id just get the pennzoil. im pretty sure thats around the 25 mark too

This is the most honest answer lol! I think oil marketing is so good that it makes people worry needlessly about getting the "best" one. In reality if they're certified to the standards, they are all close enough that it won't make a difference to 99.5% of us. Doing oil changes promptly and not putting them off is way more important than the exact brand.
yea, im not super concerned with it either for street use anyway. im not gonna be driving mine very hard.

Last edited: