First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
This thread also seemed to have some good information

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/civic-type-r-fk8-engine-oil-analysis-tracking.16681/

I know @Lust is a frequently tracks his FK8, and Id be interested to hear some feedback on the experience with 0w20 Motul.

On another note, I ordered some Eneos 0w20 oil last week, specifically their "race" version.
No issues to report using 0w-20 300v! I just did an oil change and sent off my oil to Blackstone. Results should be back soon I hope.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
No issues to report using 0w-20 300v! I just did an oil change and sent off my oil to Blackstone. Results should be back soon I hope.

That is good to hear. Motul was on my list, still on it I guess to try out if I have any issues with Eneos. I dont plan on hardcore tracking the car, hope there are not any issues.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Not saying youre wrong, but do you have any information to support this? Genuinely interested in learning more about the topic.

I felt like I read somewhere that Stig and some other frequent track junkies were on 0W20. I know this has been a pretty debated topic on the forum.

Edit: In the thread I linked below, Stig did say he had 22 track days on 0w20.
It's a very common misconception really. They probably watched the SavageGeese video on engine oil and are traumatized from it. It's all a fine balance between oil temperature and pressure.

If pressure is getting low you increase oil weight at the cost of creating more friction
Installing an oil cooler will lower oil temps
Running the engine oil too hot can cause the oil to shear. This means that the oil is thinner than its advertised spec.

TLDR; run a high quality 0w-20 oil that doesn't shear and you'll be fine on the track + street. Motul 300V fits this bill perfectly.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
It's a very common misconception really. They probably watched the SavageGeese video on engine oil and are traumatized from it. It's all a fine balance between oil temperature and pressure.

If pressure is getting low you increase oil weight at the cost of creating more friction
Installing an oil cooler will lower oil temps
Running the engine oil too hot can cause the oil to shear. This means that the oil is thinner than its advertised spec.

TLDR; run a high quality 0w-20 oil that doesn't shear and you'll be fine on the track + street. Motul 300V fits this bill perfectly.
I appreciate your input.

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Why get it over Mobil1? Haven’t seen any solid answer here
i was just posting a link to it because ppl on the prev. page said they couldnt find it lol. i only have 250 miles on my car but will be using the eneos or motul personally (just my preference, mobil1 makes great oil as well)

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
i was just posting a link to it because ppl on the prev. page said they couldnt find it lol. i only have 250 miles on my car but will be using the eneos or motul personally (just my preference, mobil1 makes great oil as well)
For me, I was looking for the "Race" version which is a little bit different than the regular full synthetic version.

OP
OP
MadMage

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
For me, I was looking for the "Race" version which is a little bit different than the regular full synthetic version.
I couldn't find it, do you know if the Motul Race has the various certifications?

Fester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R, 2019 G63, 2013 C4S, 2013 BRZ
Country flag
Lol, got motul as well, you guys made me return Mobil 1..haha

Dude

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 type R
Country flag
gonna be putting amazon basics 0w-20 in mine, has every certification, made by an ancient company, did well in project farm's testing, and its cheap. it seems about as good a pennzoil platinum, witch at least in the wrx community is considered one of the better oils. so it seems good enough for me.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
gonna be putting amazon basics 0w-20 in mine, has every certification, made by an ancient company, did well in project farm's testing, and its cheap. it seems about as good a pennzoil platinum, witch at least in the wrx community is considered one of the better oils. so it seems good enough for me.
Do you know if the manufacturer for Amazon Basics oil is the same as any of the other big brands by chance?
Sponsored