FK8 Engine Head Leak Warranty Issue

boduh81

First Name
Hogan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type R Motor
I took my Type R in for an oil change at 2k and Honda service noticed oil all over the inside of the underbody metal shield protector. They told me originally possibly a head gasket leak. The dealership called Honda the next business day and they told them to clean and drive it around and the leak still persisted. A day or two later after phone conversations with Honda Engineers and pressure tests they have determined it is a full head replacement warranty from Honda. I will have to wait another week till I get it back as they are starting their 6 day off Fourth of July holiday break today. They gave me a car yesterday and hopefully the head replacement will correct the issue. I noticed the Type R had a few small drips in my garage over the winter but it looked like it had stopped quickly so I didn't think anything but had still persisted till I took it in. The dealer said this was the only Type R they had seen or heard of doing this and I could not find this issue with anyone except a few year old civic si owners. Please feel free to comment and lend any info if you have any on this head warranty repair. Thanks.
Sponsored

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could you actually smell the coolant at any time?

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep us updated please! Sorry about the luck!

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
Did they try replacing the head gasket first
...or did they just clean the oil?