FK8 ARMA Carbon Intake Kit

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
also, this system uses constant diameter intake tubing, while the Eventuri has a "decreasing" diameter carbon pipe that goes from about 4" (at the filter) down to oem diameter. This decrease in diameter essentially increases air velocity going into the intake runner. This increase in air velocity is like jamming more air into the motor.
yeah like velocity stacks.
IDK man, I think we do a lot better if we start out with the coolest air we can get...
your right. I'm the person who believes cooler air entering = cooler air exiting.
Sponsored

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
yeah like velocity stacks.

your right. I'm the person who believes cooler air entering = cooler air exiting.
it's pretty simple to me...like boiling water, it be a lot faster to boil water, if we start out with warm water. this being said, the IC system works a lot less harder to cool the air pass thru. There is a finite amount of cooling that takes place, as air passes thru pretty quickly. so once it passes, that's it! the temperature stay (somewhat) the same from that point on. thus, if the air doesn't get cool enough before leaving the IC, then you have warm air going into the motor! so it's best that we try to get the coolest air we can before it goes thru the IC...

Oh no, did I just started a shit storm?

OP
OP
Tim818

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
My car is in the shop getting sway bar and lowering springs installed, then off to the body shop to replace the front bumper. I won’t be able to have this intake installed till close to thanksgiving, I have some other goodies too so stay tuned.......

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@02SilverSiHB What do you think about this intake now that we can see they made a modification to the box to allow additional airflow? Yes it is an expensive item since anything carbon will be. Myself I would consider this an OEM+ intake in carbon.
not too fond of it, imo...see that last shot he took with the triangle cut out...why is only part of that covered by the filter...so where is that unfiltered air leading? Also, I'm with boosted...it will just pull in hot air imo, lol...all skeptical of course on my part.

I say just stick with prl and a filter. I wish I had just done that.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
My car is in the shop getting sway bar and lowering springs installed, then off to the body shop to replace the front bumper. I won’t be able to have this intake installed till close to thanksgiving, I have some other goodies too so stay tuned.......
curious on how much sound it produces. it should be louder than stock cause of that opening on that side.

not too fond of it, imo...see that last shot he took with the triangle cut out...why is only part of that covered by the filter...so where is that unfiltered air leading? Also, I'm with boosted...it will just pull in hot air imo, lol...all skeptical of course on my part.

the uncovered part shouldn't matter because the air will have to go through the foam filter before it reaches the engine.

I know for sure that it pulls in hot air on that side because the afe has a similiar opening on the same side and to see if it pulls in hot air, i checked around it and sure enough, it's blazing hot.

PRL and filter alone would not give you the same sound output as this or any other intake and most of the improvements with any intake is all pure sound and cosmetics anyways as you know by now lol.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
curious on how much sound it produces. it should be louder than stock cause of that opening on that side.

the uncovered part shouldn't matter because the air will have to go through the foam filter before it reaches the engine.

I know for sure that it pulls in hot air on that side because the afe has a similiar opening on the same side and to see if it pulls in hot air, i checked around it and sure enough, it's blazing hot.

PRL and filter alone would not give you the same sound output as this or any other intake and most of the improvements with any intake is all pure sound and cosmetics anyways as you know by now lol.
lol, I didn't notice that with my aFe...I'll have to check that out. It's been so cold I haven't seen any high temps for the intake in a while. But yeah, I won't lie, prl would have been a better choice. Sure, I wouldn't get that noise, but oh well.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
lol, I didn't notice that with my aFe...I'll have to check that out. It's been so cold I haven't seen any high temps for the intake in a while. But yeah, I won't lie, prl would have been a better choice. Sure, I wouldn't get that noise, but oh well.
im too addicted to the noise to go back to just a hose haha. Sound adds to the driving experience!

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
im too addicted to the noise to go back to just a hose haha. Sound adds to the driving experience!
I can't remember, what exhaust are you running? I was just posting about how I might put my stock exhaust back on...I was annoyed this morning with the exhaust I have...maybe putting the stock one back on I'd hear the aFe more lol

ah, never mind, greddy is what you're running for exhaust...I don't think that's as loud as the non resonated milltek

Last edited:

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
then the same can be said for any intake :dunno:

in the turbo world, in every forum there are two types of people.
People who believe the intake IATs don't matter because the turbo is going to heat it up anyways and if you have an efficient enough IC, the temps entering the engine should be controlled.
People who believe the intake IATs do matter because even if it's getting heated by the turbo cooler air entering = cooler air exiting
If IC inlet temp is 140F no matter if IAT is 90F or 40F then no it doesn't really matter does it. If IC inlet temps are a concern then engine bay cooling is a priority; i.e. better air flow, heat shielding, and removal.

If this intake is a 1:1 remake of the OEM box using the same flat filter AND the cutout is on the bottom of the box below the filter then the air will be filtered just like the OEM box. The air enters then moves down and back up through the filter and into the pipe leading to the turbo. Dirty side faces down.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag

My PRL tube and filter has a pretty good sound to it surprisingly. Is it like the mishimoto sound? No but it’s still very audible both for spool and blow off.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I would like to compare iat’s on the Mishimoto vs Oem Box

jmartin

Rouleur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ctr 2015 Challenger srt 2016 Yamaha R1m 2002 Gmc Lifted Duramax
annnnnnnd your selling it already lol. Try returning it man, I don't think anyone will pay that much on here...I don't' think they would :eek:
The company is horrible to deal with they want $200 restocking fee plus $50 dollars for shipping. It’s going to cost me $250 dollars to return plus shipping it back to Arma. I ordered and literally called them to cancel the order within hours and was told it already shipped out. A friend told me to check out Eventuri and Arma. Not knowing much about the car yet I went with Arma because was in stock.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
The company is horrible to deal with they want $200 restocking fee plus $50 dollars for shipping. It’s going to cost me $250 dollars to return plus shipping it back to Arma. I ordered and literally called them to cancel the order within hours and was told it already shipped out. A friend told me to check out Eventuri and Arma. Not knowing much about the car yet I went with Arma because was in stock.
damn man that's unfortunate...
The Eventuri would've been worth the wait. (if you were willing to shell out the money)
Sponsored