FK8 and FK2 differences

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
The FK2 is just another Civic hatchback, I don't see why it is special compared to a 'global' FK8.
Take a look at the rear suspension of the FK2 and compare that to the FK8. Both cars are just Civics. The only difference is that the FK2 is not sold in the US. There are many many non type R FK2s in the rest of the world.

The Fk2 has rear torsion beam setup and the FK8 fully independent rear setup. I think that's a big difference!
Sponsored

FLRib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8 2021
Country flag
The Fk2 has rear torsion beam setup and the FK8 fully independent rear setup. I think that's a big difference!
Did you tried or driven a FK2 for some time to suppor of your argument "that's a big difference"?
I own a FK2 and before i owned both the EP3 (with indepedent rear setup) and FN2 (with rear torsion bar). It is a question of preferences. Yes the FK2 is hardcore or raw as many jornalists pointed out. I do not use my FK2 for everyday ride, nor as a family car. I use it for fun and enjoyment, because it requires a lot from the driver to take the best of the car.

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
Did you tried or driven a FK2 for some time to suppor of your argument "that's a big difference"?
I own a FK2 and before i owned both the EP3 (with indepedent rear setup) and FN2 (with rear torsion bar). It is a question of preferences. Yes the FK2 is hardcore or raw as many jornalists pointed out. I do not use my FK2 for everyday ride, nor as a family car. I use it for fun and enjoyment, because it requires a lot from the driver to take the best of the car.
The title of this thread is to point out the differences between both cars. The rear suspension is physically/mechanically different(I don't need to drive either of the cars to state that fact). You are taking this subject way to personal in my opinion. If you are asking me if I have driven a FK2 to support my opinion the answer in No. have you driven a FK8 to support your opinion?

Again they're many physical and technical differences between both models and that's what this thread is about.

Last edited:

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
The title of this thread is to point out the differences between both cars. The rear suspension is physically/mechanically different(I don't need to drive either of the cars to state that fact). You are taking this subject way to personal in my opinion. If you are asking me if I have driven a FK2 to support my opinion the answer in No. have you driven a FK8 to support your opinion?

Again they're many physical and technical differences between both models and that's what this thread is about.
I've driven both. FK2 is a much harsher ride than the FK8. Honda did wonders !

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
It would be nice to know the spring rates of both cars, front and rear. Where can I find this info?

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
FK8 doesn't look like it will have Oil Temperature Gauges.

It will have Boost, Throttle, Brake, Lap Timer, G-Meter, Shift Light, Coolant Temperature indicator
The USA version will not, the EU edition will. The oil level sensor does not come on USA Type R's.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Actually, the FK2 is more of a Honda Fit type-R. FK8 is a real CTR.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The USA version will not, the EU edition will. The oil level sensor does not come on USA Type R's.
Just an oil pressure sensor and not an oil level sensor?! Honda is skimping where they shouldn't. I'm used to checking my oil level regularly (I have over a quarter million miles on my AP1 S2000), but not everyone will and someone might end up spinning a bearing especially if the FK2 oil burning issues are still present.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've driven both. FK2 is a much harsher ride than the FK8. Honda did wonders !
I'm probably the only exception in this forum, but I wish the FK8's suspension was at least as firm as the one in the FK2. I like the raw and visceral feel of a go-kart that's made for the road... makes the driving experience more engaging (sucks if you're a passenger lol). If a hardcore version of the FK8 becomes a reality, hopefully Honda will use a stiffer suspension on that car.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
The removal of the FK2 oil pressure/oil temperature info display in the FK8 is ridiculous. Whoever was responsible for removing two of the three most useful auxiliary gauges never owned a track car.

SaiHayashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FN2R NHB 2008; NA8 MX-5 turbo 2013; LandRover Discovery 2016; FK8R CW 2017
Country flag
For people looking for aftermarket brake pads: the fk8 and fk2 brake pads are the same as the Subaru Sti and Mitsu EVO brake pads. Brembo part numbers P54040 and P54039. Ferodo FCP1334 or FRP3067.
Thanks champ.
Do u have data for the rear pads as well?

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
I may be putting in defi boost, oil temp , and maybe water temp gauge in the car