squirrel04

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
I have a 2018 CTR and recently bought an 8" Kicker sub to replace the stock sub and an alpine amp.

I have seen a lot of people building an enclosure in the trunk in the foam where the spare tire is supposed to be, but I've seen amps crapping out under a lot of heat in there as well. I live in Louisiana and it gets pretty damn hot so I don't think I'm going to take my chance of putting it there. I'm considering taking out the kit on the left side of the trunk with the funnel and all that shit we don't need and building a custom enclosure there for the amp.

Has anyone done this? Any recommendations on what type of enclosure or the easiest and most efficient way of creating one?

Also, can anyone tell me any reasons why I shouldn't put it there?
Any advice is appreciated :)
Sponsored

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live in Miami and I put mine in the foam below too. A good quality amp (like the alpine) will go into protect mode before it burns out. If that happens to me then I will find a ventilation solution. However, as of now, I am 100% A-OK

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I have been ruining a mini 300w Rockford Fosgate at 2 ohms for over 2 years in my spare tire well. Yes it gets hot but I drive hard. I added a 12 volt squirrel cage fan pointing directly across the heatsinks. It has performed well and never cut out once.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/attachments/y6xpxcn-jpg.64348/

I just did not want the amp to be visible at all in the cabin or trunk. But it is all down to your preference. If you dont need to access the gain controls often you could potentially mount it behind the carpet paneling in the left or right sides of the trunk. In the sedan there is room for a mini amp there.
Sponsored