JayDee

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT & 1995 Honda Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag
I don't know the exact reasons, but blow off valves are frowned upon here at civicx it seems. Something to do with letting air escape the system which was accounted for via the MAF sensor.
I know, and it’s because it makes the car run rich but only when the blow off valve goes off, so it’s minor. In a car that’s getting a tune/ being raced, i wouldn’t run it. But as a daily, it’s fine for me. I don’t pass 5k i don’t drive fast, just crazy? ...
In a racecar it could clog the piston with fuel, and eventually the cat will get clogged up, hence why i wanna do a catless downpipe anyway... but what i REALLY want is some company to make a driver side charge pipe that would have a blow off valve flange.
@MAPerformance makes a tenth gen civic 1.5t bypass valve aka BPV (the stock form of blow off valve; doesn’t blow off, it just bypasses..) anyway yeah they make a block off plate, we just need a company or them to make a driver side charge pipe that would have a blow off valve flange... but nobody has idk why. I’ve seen one custom, i tried to dm the tuner, to ask them and maybe get the owners info, and i got blocked? Lol. They’re from asia or somewhere in that area.. I’ll attach a pic below

Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 Sport Hatchback Exhaust Cutout 346E9C55-FEDF-408D-BC57-557BAD2805D0
Sponsored

Remm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Integra GSR, 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2014 Accord LX
Country flag
Here is my set up I will eventually install. I was going for sound and quietness similar to what your wanting with a switch. I want to eventually hook it up to a solenoid and switch to be able to keep it closed. I believe this is similar to the set up your looking for.

Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 Sport Hatchback Exhaust Cutout Screenshot_20200528-181542_Gallery