Fk7 Fog light delete hypothesis (I think this is partially why lambos lack fog lights?)

GodBennett

First Name
God
Threads
Reaction score
Website
g0dengineer.github.io
Vehicle(s)
fk8 type r & tuned fk7 sport touring
Country flag
I did a quick mockup of my civic hatchback without fog lights as seen in the image to the right.

In real life, I actually blacked out fog lights with flat black ceramic panels (shown to the left), but ideally I would like the holes gone completely, as shown in the render/image to the right.

I think the fog lights disturb the flow of the front fascia design. Thoughts?

Honda Civic 10th gen Fk7 Fog light delete hypothesis (I think this is partially why lambos lack fog lights?) fog_light_complete_delette

I know we don't drive lambos, but maybe part of reason for avoiding design whereby fog lights are under headlights, is because things look tacky that way?
Maybe if Honda integrated fog lights into headlights, we would not need the disruption/tacky fog lights in the vent area?

Honda Civic 10th gen Fk7 Fog light delete hypothesis (I think this is partially why lambos lack fog lights?) 1599265038990

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Fog light delete would be easy, you can get the vents without the fog light holes.

Personally I like it better with them.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Correction, you can get the vents without the fog light holes, but they won’t have the radar cover either. I don’t know if the radar would work correctly with that vent or not.

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I doubt fog lights on the FK7 disturb airflow to a significant amount. Even if you remove them. It will not change aerodynamically much.

Lambos need no fog lights if the headlights function always as high beams with special shutters for oncoming objects.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I suspect, based on other threads re: the RADAR, that anything other than the OEM panel will cause issues for the system. But if there's a trim level with Sensing and without fogs; that may work.

Good luck.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
By “disturb the flow” I think he was talking in terms of aesthetics.

Some people with accords have covered their radar with a plastic mesh with no issues, so it might work.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
IIRC, the US has a bunch of lighting regulation regarding the minimum and maximum height of headlights and fog lights.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It looks better with the fog lights...low end models don't have them here inq Canada.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I'm not sure integrating the fogs into the headlights would really work all that well. Fog lights are always low on the bumper because they're supposed to illuminate the road under the fog. Can't really do that if they're the same height as the headlights.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
I did a quick mockup of my civic hatchback without fog lights as seen in the image to the right.

In real life, I actually blacked out fog lights with flat black ceramic panels (shown to the left), but ideally I would like the holes gone completely, as shown in the render/image to the right.

I think the fog lights disturb the flow of the front fascia design. Thoughts?

fog_light_complete_delette.png

I know we don't drive lambos, but maybe part of reason for avoiding design whereby fog lights are under headlights, is because things look tacky that way?
Maybe if Honda integrated fog lights into headlights, we would not need the disruption/tacky fog lights in the vent area?

1599265038990.png
So do you think the car would be faster without fogs maybe? Is that what your saying

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just buy a 2019 Civic hatch LX covers they came with Honda sensing (so your cover is there) and they didn’t have the fog lights. There’s your 2019 civic part numbers although you would be able to recycle your Honda sensing radar cover into the Fog light covers, so exclude that, but I included it anyways. The 2020 Hatch LX also has no fogs with radar cover, but that will change the fog light covers to the new existing ones (they got rid of the fake honeycomb grill and then have a matching painted piece running across the cover)

2nd photo is a 2019 Lx

- Correction 2020 model lx came standard with fog lights

Honda Civic 10th gen Fk7 Fog light delete hypothesis (I think this is partially why lambos lack fog lights?) 04FD29C5-B0C5-4E72-9D81-E9FBF0808575

Honda Civic 10th gen Fk7 Fog light delete hypothesis (I think this is partially why lambos lack fog lights?) FAC29998-2404-4198-AE29-6DE0CBDE975A

Last edited: