wanDUH

First Name
wanDUH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Hatchback,1999 Honda Accord EX
Country flag
Hey there! So I purchased some drl lights for my 2020 civic lx hatchback and they didn't come with any instructions on how to install it..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FITS-2020-...2?pageci=2bd10eb2-028b-4b50-95ad-85c27eca0ac6

It's already installed on my car but haven't connected the wiring yet...
Does anyone know how I should wire these as DRL? And which wires to splice? Does it need a relay or anything like thaaaat?

This is my first civic... and also I've never modded anything on my prelude or accord either. So ima mod noooob..?

But thanks in advance! Any info would be much appreciated!

Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 DRL VENT WIRING HELP 20210328_124126
Sponsored

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Those are cool! Looks like quite a bit of wire splicing. Unfortunately I'm not confident enough in my knowledge to help, but I hope someone else can.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Should be able to straight up tap the headlight DRL wire without issue. If you want something that doesn't involve splicing existing wiring, find a fuse that's only hot when the car is on and use one of those fuse tap things. Makes it easy if you ever wanna return to stock. Just attach the ground to chassis

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, shooting from the hip here because Iā€™ve never installed these, but, the wiring seems simple enough. On the lights, there are 4 wires, yeah?
Black: ground to chassis.
Red: probably for the daytime running light
Yellow: probably for the turn signal
White: probably for the optional nighttime driving light

The best way to know is to hook the black up to the NEG battery terminal, and test each of the other wires (in sequence, individually) by touching each to the POS terminal on the battery. Once you know which of the colored wires does what, that can guide how you tap into the carā€™s wiring.

Try this: Use a t-tap for each of the colored wires, and ground the black to chassis. Tap the appropriate wire from your new lights to the purple wire coming out of the headlight, on each side.
Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 DRL VENT WIRING HELP 1616967144127

Last edited:
OP
OP
wanDUH

wanDUH

First Name
wanDUH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Should be able to straight up tap the headlight DRL wire without issue. If you want something that doesn't involve splicing existing wiring, find a fuse that's only hot when the car is on and use one of those fuse tap things. Makes it easy if you ever wanna return to stock. Just attach the ground to chassis
Thanks for replying! I'll give it a try. I just dont want to mess anything up and then have a bigger issue to deal with lol. ?

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just take your time and get all the information before you start cutting into anything. And take PLENTY of pictures. Alot of the modding community knows exactly which wires to tap into for what you want to do.. im intreagued on how these will look when you get them done.. im tempted to get a set for the non Si bumper if they make it, just the wing piece, i dont want to block my Honda-sensing.

Edit: there does appear to be a few for the non Si bumpers, but i haven't seen them installed - i would like to tint them so they still appear black when they are off.. im not a fan of clear plastic LEDs in the daytime

Last edited:
OP
OP
wanDUH

wanDUH

First Name
wanDUH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
just take your time and get all the information before you start cutting into anything. And take PLENTY of pictures. Alot of the modding community knows exactly which wires to tap into for what you want to do.. im intreagued on how these will look when you get them done.. im tempted to get a set for the non Si bumper if they make it, just the wing piece, i dont want to block my Honda-sensing.

Edit: there does appear to be a few for the non Si bumpers, but i haven't seen them installed - i would like to tint them so they still appear black when they are off.. im not a fan of clear plastic LEDs in the daytime

Yeah I haven't seen these installed anywhere. Which was one of the main reasons why I decided to get them. I seriously can't wait to see what itll look like once the wiring is figured out...

Plus I still needa get some angel eyes fogs installed too! But I'm doing one thing at a time...so hopefully it wouldnt be a mission to install the fogs..

OP
OP
wanDUH

wanDUH

First Name
wanDUH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you look for DRL vent wiring for the older style bumpers, the same process will work. There were a few I saw when trying to find the correct wire when I was at work.
LOL! that's what I was doing at work today too! And I was also looking at different types of DRLs for possible instructions..I was on a hunt for it. But unfortunately..the sellers on ebay all recommend a professional installation. But I dont wannnna...

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hey there! So I purchased some drl lights for my 2020 civic lx hatchback and they didn't come with any instructions on how to install it..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FITS-2020-...2?pageci=2bd10eb2-028b-4b50-95ad-85c27eca0ac6

It's already installed on my car but haven't connected the wiring yet...
Does anyone know how I should wire these as DRL? And which wires to splice? Does it need a relay or anything like thaaaat?

This is my first civic... and also I've never modded anything on my prelude or accord either. So ima mod noooob..?

But thanks in advance! Any info would be much appreciated!

20210328_124126.jpg
If you need help wiring I can help. Iā€™ve done custom wiring Similar to that on my civic.

OP
OP
wanDUH

wanDUH

First Name
wanDUH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
WhooOo! Finally its connected and working! How does it look? They also turn blue as drl but I dont think its connected to the drl.
Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 DRL VENT WIRING HELP 20210505_103216
Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 DRL VENT WIRING HELP 20210505_103105
Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 DRL VENT WIRING HELP 20210505_103350

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
oh wow that looks great. The first and second picture both appear to be white not blue but that could just be the camera

Last edited:

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
WhooOo! Finally its connected and working! How does it look? They also turn blue as drl but I dont think its connected to the drl.
20210505_103216.jpg
20210505_103105.jpg
20210505_103350.jpg
kinda neat