FK7 CVT vs V6 charger

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7 Sport Touring Polished Metallic
Country flag
Sport Touring CVT (Res Delete) on factory 18s

In Mexico i Rolled up on this dude in his boat with the v6 in it , he had 1 passenger i had no passengers. In Sport mode, Did a 30 roll, 40 and 45 roll and I beat him every time. Ran it back in manual mode,gear 3 and did it again. We agreed to go to a new spot (this was after a meet we left) and do some friendly pulls. On the way he lined up at about 65 mph, we take off and I pull ahead slightly, but I believe this is when Heatsoak took heavy effect on my performance. Every pull after that he pulled ahead after about 4 seconds. we were starting from about 70 mph. I understand that could just be the fact that he has 2 more cylinders and 2 more litres of displacement,but I feel as if it were due to heat soak( felt heavy loss of power after all the 45 Roll).
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
When you do continuous races like that, the ECU will pull quite a bit of timing not only from IAT's rising but the high rpms. On the non-Si it takes quite a bit of "easy" driving for them to drop back down so you can regain full power.

Last edited:

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you do continuous races like that, the ECU will pull quite a bit of timing not only from IAT's rising but the high rpms. On the non-Si it takes quite a bit of "easy" driving for them to drop back down so you can regain full power.
One trick to more quickly bring that down if its super high is to actually reflash your car. Not that I recommend it to people but the option is out there. Much like two step, brake boost, anti-lag, be cautious when using.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I raced a V6 Charger with my CVT sport hatch and the results were similar. On highway speed pulls it was a no contest. The Charger lost every time. Those cars are very, very heavy and the Civic has a good power/weight ratio to match up with it. But without a tune, the ECU in the Civic will start to nerf you at higher speed pulls. 45mph to 85 mph, the CVT Civics rip surprisingly hard. They’re little midrange monsters. I’ve raced with 10th Gens SI’s and the match is mostly even until the SI’s manual starts showing it’s edge over the CVT.

hondabandit

First Name
hondaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport hatch
Country flag
Can you tune this out with ktuner?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Can you tune this out with ktuner?
Tuners generally leave the standard Honda knock control strategy in place. The increases in knock control are there to protect the engine.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New Q50, 0-60 - 5.0 seconds. He didn't pull me by much. Base tune FTW!

Truckinturtle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
Sport Touring CVT (Res Delete) on factory 18s

In Mexico i Rolled up on this dude in his boat with the v6 in it , he had 1 passenger i had no passengers. In Sport mode, Did a 30 roll, 40 and 45 roll and I beat him every time. Ran it back in manual mode,gear 3 and did it again. We agreed to go to a new spot (this was after a meet we left) and do some friendly pulls. On the way he lined up at about 65 mph, we take off and I pull ahead slightly, but I believe this is when Heatsoak took heavy effect on my performance. Every pull after that he pulled ahead after about 4 seconds. we were starting from about 70 mph. I understand that could just be the fact that he has 2 more cylinders and 2 more litres of displacement,but I feel as if it were due to heat soak( felt heavy loss of power after all the 45 Roll).
I had a sequoia for about 4 years and a suburban prior, those chonkers are alot more effective after momentum starts that 6000 pound Toyota would have pulled away on a roll race but get buried in a dig and yes heatsoak is a factor, I live in Florida and can feel the difference between winter and summer power, there's a straight pipe 6cy charger in my neighborhood I would love to humiliate,,it is so stupid loud and I know my si can take him

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
What about a camry v6?

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting 2 recent rolls, one was an old Panamera I suspect it had the V6, 320hp. Dead even from 30-70mph. That car weighs about 1800lbs. more. The other just yesterday, a Challenger r/t, 5.7L 372-375hp, we turned a corner and he was a couple car lengths ahead which stretched to about 6 after we both hit it. But once I was in full boost, he didn't seem to pull on me any longer. Again another heavy car, over 4100lbs. Though that car is pretty quick.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This makes me wonder what my si with a PRL cobra race intake, catless dp/fp, and tsp stage 1 tune can do 🤔

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Tuners generally leave the standard Honda knock control strategy in place. The increases in knock control are there to protect the engine.
You can now use the better ktuner control, which removes the automatic knock control pull back past 5500 rpms. Still uses k control when it needs to but it won't automatically pull timing when you rev past 5500 now. I also did play with a V6 charger a few times and from a stop he got me but I got back to him past 80 km/h, anything past 30 km/h start I had him every time. and once I clicked in 3rd gear it almost felt like he let off the gas.
Sponsored