1ntrinsiK

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I’ve seen the other threads... I know this is a controversial topic for some.
I’m curious what this swap would entail on a 2019 Sport Touring.

I’m aware that it will be expensive, challenging, easier to trade in, etc. I also know it could (definitely) diminish the value of the vehicle.

Pretend with me that none of that exists, and let’s talk nuts and bolts.

I have found other threads containing service manuals, accompanied by subscription services that allow full access to extended content. Is this a viable route in obtaining information? Are there other means of acquiring schematics, diagrams, manuals, what have you?
I need technical specifications, torque values, part numbers, the whole nine.
If it is possible then it needs to pass off like it came that way from the factory, plain and simple.

I understand that you might have an opposing viewpoint on the topic, but I really am only looking to discuss the swap.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I’m pretty sure the easy days of just swapping out the transmission, drive shaft, and harness / ECU are over. These cars have so much tech and sensors involved with everything it has to be close to impossible and for damn sure not worth doing. Why not keep this as daily reliable car and just take the money you WOULD have spent on finding a project car.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Hate to say if, but If you have to even ask for this information then it's over your head.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Nickthewaffler iirc has done it and explained in his threads as a cvt to 6mt swap. not sure how much more the sensing will complicate things though.

But as mentioned by others, if you are asking about where to get all the manuals/etc... it might be a tad out of your reach unless you taking it to a shop.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@Nickthewaffler iirc has done it and explained in his threads as a cvt to 6mt swap. not sure how much more the sensing will complicate things though.

But as mentioned by others, if you are asking about where to get all the manuals/etc... it might be a tad out of your reach unless you taking it to a shop.
And if not DIY'ing it you take this project from cost prohibitive to insane money pit.

I'm all for people doing this swap but if paying labor on top of everything else you really need to check yourself.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP, I'm of the opinion (and you know what they say about opinions) that you shouldn't do it. Why not trade for a manual hatch if you need a hatch or just get an Si?

The risk/reward and headache factor really don't add up to a smart move. But hey, it's your car and money.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hate to say if, but If you have to even ask for this information then it's over your head.
I disagree. This exact project was my first time ever pulling a harness/tranny/axle, and much more. It was worth doing just to learn about cars. It was sort of planned for. I didnt need a car for the next few months (corona) and had more than enough money saved up to cover costs. I was going into it blind. It was stressful, but only because I wasnt sure if it was even possible. If you have the time and money, its simply a matter of prefrence. Trade the car in and part out, or play with fire. If you really love cars its always good to own a car thats under budget so these kinds projects dont stress you out too bad. I learned that lesson the hard way.

So OP if you have any specific questions feel free to pm or post to this thread. Ive worked on 2 CVT to MT swaps now and I know @CAPTS is a cool guy as well. He got his working without major issues.

OP
OP
1ntrinsiK

1ntrinsiK

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I disagree. This exact project was my first time ever pulling a harness/tranny/axle, and much more. It was worth doing just to learn about cars. It was sort of planned for. I didnt need a car for the next few months (corona) and had more than enough money saved up to cover costs. I was going into it blind. It was stressful, but only because I wasnt sure if it was even possible. If you have the time and money, its simply a matter of prefrence. Trade the car in and part out, or play with fire. If you really love cars its always good to own a car thats under budget so these kinds projects dont stress you out too bad. I learned that lesson the hard way.

So OP if you have any specific questions feel free to pm or post to this thread. Ive worked on 2 CVT to MT swaps now and I know @CAPTS is a cool guy as well. He got his working without major issues.
@Nickthewaffler I appreciate you reaching out! Was going to hit you up after I saw your thread. Really amazing stuff in there btw, great work! I’ve got a million questions obviously, but just knowing it can be done is a new glimmer of hope for me. Trading in would just feel like a cop-out... and that feeling of “I built this thing myself” isn’t something they sell at the dealership.

In the mean time I will be doing my homework/getting things together, but I’m sure you will hear from me again soon!

Thanks!

OP
OP
1ntrinsiK

1ntrinsiK

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag

Hey man thanks!
Sponsored