FK7 Coilover Options

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Not sure if this is posted anywhere else but after exhaustively googling trying to find coilovers that are compatible with FK7 hatchbacks ( non type R) I found one shop that seems to have every kind available. (Picture Below of pricing/ selection as of 3/2020) I also located a thread where someone confirmed with TEIN that the Flex Z's are coming. I'd like this thread to see if there are other options outside of what Redline360 has available andI have a couple questions for those who have already placed coilovers on their FK7

1. Which Brand of Coilovers is more reliable/ solid quality - KSport Control Quality or Riaction - i heard D2's provide a much stiffer ride and Em looking for lowered comfort/ slightly stiffer. I could not find alot of information on Ksport or Riaction. Personally I am trying to stay under 1K, but don't want go cheap.

2. If you have coilovers on your FK7, what did you get and what was your experience? With the exception of a post install alignment did you have to make any modifications?

3. If I get coilovers do I NEED rear Camber kit. I notice most of the kits available do not include rear camber

Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 Coilover Options {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 Coilover Options redline coilover
Sponsored

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Most of those are more or less the same. I know BC racing make a decent coilover but honestly, you won't go wrong with any of them.

You should definitely save money aside for a camber kit. Its necessary to get your alignment right after lowering your car - going without it would feel like taking a shower and putting your nasty clothes back on.

OP
OP
davisthegreate
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Most of those are more or less the same. I know BC racing make a decent coilover but honestly, you won't go wrong with any of them.

You should definitely save money aside for a camber kit. Its necessary to get your alignment right after lowering your car - going without it would feel like taking a shower and putting your nasty clothes back on.
Very effective analogy lol - camber kit it is - any recommendations? I've only seen eibach and ktuned

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if you dont want to mess with preloads and dampening settings, you just ser ride height with composite locking ring that is unlikely to rust seize, you can check for ST coilovers that are same as KW V1 with diffrent materials so they are cheaper... i have them for 1 years no problems and ride is great, they are not exremely low, lowest you can go is 5cm (2.2 inch) i have no squeaks or rattles, but they dont have front camber cap. with upper mount pin removed i sit at -0.7 degree camber front, rears are at -2.6 and i will get camber arms, for the price and simplicity of ST coilovers i guess they have to be build well, time will tell. rear is 5kg/mm 300 lbs/inch front is i believe betwen 350 and 400 lbs/inch, i dont experience any bouncing...

price is around 750 euros here in europe, with all the necessary homologation papers
Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 Coilover Options 36432525312_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=U-c_boGKogYAX_z7ORy&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

this is as low it will get on these coilovers tires are few mm tucked in
Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 Coilover Options 58967855104_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=ka-TFyG3m8oAX8DFh7O&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 Coilover Options 83061305344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=2URVVE9-p1sAX-4v3SF&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 Coilover Options 76008185856_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=FMBmqVnFmwQAX9E1wus&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

easy to adjust ride height

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
I’m either going HKS Hipermax or Tein Flex Z on my hatch. But I’m in no rush.

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
For the Teins, their street series is for comfort using a twin tube construction.

I know the majority of other companies use a monotube construction.

AmaiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Not sure if this is posted anywhere else but after exhaustively googling trying to find coilovers that are compatible with FK7 hatchbacks ( non type R) I found one shop that seems to have every kind available. (Picture Below of pricing/ selection as of 3/2020) I also located a thread where someone confirmed with TEIN that the Flex Z's are coming. I'd like this thread to see if there are other options outside of what Redline360 has available andI have a couple questions for those who have already placed coilovers on their FK7

1. Which Brand of Coilovers is more reliable/ solid quality - KSport Control Quality or Riaction - i heard D2's provide a much stiffer ride and Em looking for lowered comfort/ slightly stiffer. I could not find alot of information on Ksport or Riaction. Personally I am trying to stay under 1K, but don't want go cheap.

2. If you have coilovers on your FK7, what did you get and what was your experience? With the exception of a post install alignment did you have to make any modifications?

3. If I get coilovers do I NEED rear Camber kit. I notice most of the kits available do not include rear camber

Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 Coilover Options 76008185856_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=FMBmqVnFmwQAX9E1wus&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

Been on BC Racing BR Series Coilovers for about a month now. The ride is noticeable, will have my cousin make adjustments eventually but for now I'm happy. Didn't drop it low, but this how she sits

Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 Coilover Options P1010404.JPG

OP
OP
davisthegreate
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Been on BC Racing BR Series Coilovers for about a month now. The ride is noticeable, will have my cousin make adjustments eventually but for now I'm happy. Didn't drop it low, but this how she sits

Looks Good, i dont plan on going too low - just enough to get rid of the wheel gap

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Flex Z's are released overseas but we still have to wait for them to get to us in the states. Right now I'm not worrying about them at all until people get back to work, but they are on my list for the future.

wiwipants

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
if you dont want to mess with preloads and dampening settings, you just ser ride height with composite locking ring that is unlikely to rust seize, you can check for ST coilovers that are same as KW V1 with diffrent materials so they are cheaper... i have them for 1 years no problems and ride is great, they are not exremely low, lowest you can go is 5cm (2.2 inch) i have no squeaks or rattles, but they dont have front camber cap. with upper mount pin removed i sit at -0.7 degree camber front, rears are at -2.6 and i will get camber arms, for the price and simplicity of ST coilovers i guess they have to be build well, time will tell. rear is 5kg/mm 300 lbs/inch front is i believe betwen 350 and 400 lbs/inch, i dont experience any bouncing...

price is around 750 euros here in europe, with all the necessary homologation papers

this is as low it will get on these coilovers tires are few mm tucked in

easy to adjust ride height

What’s the part number?