Fixed my sticky eco-mode button!

CivicsClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So last week I accidentally spilled some tea on my shotgun seat, I was getting a car wash the next day so I went ahead and got that seat cleaned and detailed. That evening I was driving around running some errands and I noticed that my eco-mode button on my 2016 EX Sedan/w Sensing was sticking! I must've gotten some tea within the crevices. Honda Civic 10th gen Fixed my sticky eco-mode button! IMG_4812.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Fixed my sticky eco-mode button! IMG_6763.JPG Here it is depressed and not rising back up.

Once again, a combination of YouTube and very, very useful threads here on CivicX helped me build confidence and gain enough knowledge of the inner workings of the car to believe that I can fix it.

I used videos detailing the process of removing the touchscreen/entire dash and just used the beginning steps, but I'm surprised how painless this was! The hardest part was getting the buttons completely removed once I removed the trim and unhooked the harnesses, there are clips holding it into place and I was obviously hesitant about my fear of pulling too hard, glad to say that didn't happen.
Honda Civic 10th gen Fixed my sticky eco-mode button! IMG_0646.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Fixed my sticky eco-mode button! IMG_0644.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Fixed my sticky eco-mode button! IMG_4652.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Fixed my sticky eco-mode button! IMG_0642.JPG I was able to remove the eco mode button from the entire console and just used a paper towel with some warm water, I saw where the button was sticking and cleared it up, reinstalled it and now everything looks and feels back to normal. Just wanted to share!

Honda Civic 10th gen Fixed my sticky eco-mode button! IMG_0641.JPG

bktimm36

First Name
TO -waah- AaaN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '17
happened to me when my car was in the shop after 3 weeks.

but i just kept pressing it like normal after a month it seem to go away. or maybe 2 month give it some time.