First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently replaced all my speakers, and while i was at it, installed a second illumination kit, PLUS the door LED kit. while I'm not 100% satisfied with the door kit being on only when the ignition is on, it still looks nice. However an issue arose today driving to work for the first time, my doors auto locked like they always do when accelerating past 7-9 mph... but after slowing down to below 10, and speeding back up, they try locking again, every time i accelerate through the 9mph range, the doors lock themselves, without turning off the car or unlocking manually. this was not an issue before.

Manually locking and unlocking the doors moves the manual indicators, so its not like they are not working. Ive also noticed sometimes it doesn't want to auto lock when i get out of the car, ( the auto lock beep sometimes doesn't chime )

I followed the PDF on which wires to splice into, I'm thinking maybe something doesn't jive when you have multiple kits daisy chained through each other in different ways. The floorboard illumination kits have that harness which intercepts the AC control 12 pin power plug, while the door kit has 4 wires to splice into in various places.

I spliced into one of the accessory harnesses as not to to mess with the factory harness behind the radio.

I'm not opposed to rewiring the door kit to be in tune with the other LED kits, in fact i prefer them to come on with everything else but, my main concern now is the cars ability to know if its locked or unlocked.

I have temporarily disabled the auto lock with speed function for now.

Edit: im a moron, i didnt secure the passenger door lock cable securely in the handle assembly properly., the one clip that was broke surprisingly was not the problem, but the one i didnt put in the right place before clipping the clamp down
Sponsored

Last edited: