Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Howdy all!

I'm picking up a Sparco QRT R seat Thursday with side mount brackets and need a lower bracket to mount to the chassis. Should I just get a planted technologies seat bracket or swap the whole thing over to a PCI slider/bracket combo? I'm worried the sparco side mounts won't be the same quality as the PCI mounts. Those who have both I would love to hear your experiences. Any opinions are welcome, thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I'd thought that disconnecting the OEM seatback mounted airbags would result in a diagnostic light up on the dash - is this not the case?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'd thought that disconnecting the OEM seatback mounted airbags would result in a diagnostic light up on the dash - is this not the case?
Correct, but you can wire in 2.0 ohm (or 2.2?) Resistors to the airbag connectors and it will bypass the airbag light/warning

OP
OP
bdsport

bdsport

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Correct, but you can wire in 2.0 ohm (or 2.2?) Resistors to the airbag connectors and it will bypass the airbag light/warning
2.0 ohms for honda! Bride makes one for like 20 bucks and thats what I'm going with. If you have power seats or heated seats you need other cancellers as well, that im not versed in unfortunately. @arpypat did you swap your seat for an aftermarket one?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
2.0 ohms for honda! Bride makes one for like 20 bucks and thats what I'm going with. If you have power seats or heated seats you need other cancellers as well, that im not versed in unfortunately. @arpypat did you swap your seat for an aftermarket one?
Naa I have an Si and I love my heated bucket seats! Has just enough bolstering for me personally.

I was following a thread on this forum last year trying to help someone out with their airbag sensors, so figured I'd throw that info out there :thumbsup:

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Bride now offers a seated heat option, it does use the cig lighter.

I have both bride bracket and planet bracket. The bride is lower but the planted works just as well. No issues with either. I have used pci also and sparco sliders.
Sponsored