Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey CivicX fam,

Just wanted to know who has ordered from Fitment Industries and how did it go?

I don't know if this is fair of me to say since it's the holidays, but I'm just a bit frustrated with what's going on with my recent order.

I originally ordered a wheel and tires package that was in stock on November 27, 2020. A few days later I get the message saying that the manufacturer could not find the last set, so I was placed in a backorder list. They did offer me a selection of ready to ship or available wheels, but I decided to take a few days to decide. On December 7, 2020 I inquired about another set and they said it was the last set available and can be shipped and delivered by 7-12 business days (cool) so I opted to swap my wheels for those. On the order summary page it was under "Order Assembly & Quality Check" for a few days and I got a text saying, "Expect your tracking information within 3 days." Cool I was pretty happy they were able to help and expedite the order.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fitment Industries Experience? Screenshot_20201208-180047_Chrome

Today on December 10th, I checked my order summary, and the tracking details took a few steps back to "Product Inbound" which essentially means they don't have that item in their warehouse and will be shipped to them to mount etc.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fitment Industries Experience? 20201210_194345

Ehh I'm not really in a rush, but the whole experience has been just so frustrating.

Last edited:

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I’ve had no issues with them what’s so ever. I’ve bought 2 different sets of wheels from them. This civic being my 2nd. I bought some avid wheel and they were here 2 days later (didn’t buy wheels and tires only wheels), but also this was pre-covid and not during holiday season. What I’ve come to realize is (not sure how true this is but this is my theory I guess you can say)... if the wheels manufacture is closer to you then they’ll tell the manufacture to ship you the wheels instead of picking from their warehouse supply, or they’ll list them as in stock but it’s the stock of the manufacturers supply. The reason I think that is because Avid, the company and warehouse is local to me (like 30min away). So it had to have shipped from Avid’s warehouse. The shipping was so quick I actually didn’t even get a tracking number. I just got home from work and saw the wheel boxes. My theory could be totally wrong, but in the past order that came in 5 days, I can’t recall where it shipped from though. I want to say they came from the east coast

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I’ve had no issues with them what’s so ever. I’ve bought 2 different sets of wheels from them. This civic being my 2nd. I bought some avid wheel and they were here 2 days later (didn’t buy wheels and tires only wheels), but also this was pre-covid and not during holiday season. What I’ve come to realize is (not sure how true this is but this is my theory I guess you can say)... if the wheels manufacture is closer to you then they’ll tell the manufacture to ship you the wheels instead of picking from their warehouse supply, or they’ll list them as in stock but it’s the stock of the manufacturers supply. The reason I think that is because Avid, the company and warehouse is local to me (like 30min away). So it had to have shipped from Avid’s warehouse. The shipping was so quick I actually didn’t even get a tracking number. I just got home from work and saw the wheel boxes. My theory could be totally wrong, but in the past order that came in 5 days, I can’t recall where it shipped from though. I want to say they came from the east coast
Forgot to mention I ordered a wheel and tire setup haha. But yeah I figured that's how it worked. I'm pretty sure it's just the holiday season, but to be told that it would arrive between 7-12 business days and then suddenly revert back to "product inbound" without any notification just seems a bit confusing. Oh wells. I'm pretty sure Fitment is a great company when not during peak holiday season haha. This is just the first time this happened ?.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Forgot to mention I ordered a wheel and tire setup haha. But yeah I figured that's how it worked. I'm pretty sure it's just the holiday season, but to be told that it would arrive between 7-12 business days and then suddenly revert back to "product inbound" without any notification just seems a bit confusing. Oh wells. I'm pretty sure Fitment is a great company when not during peak holiday season haha. This is just the first time this happened ?.
Yeah man, holiday season + COVID is a bad mix for everyone. For the warehouse workers and ups/fedex/usps cause of the COVID restrictions, really slowed shipping times down

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They're reputable and usually pretty streamlined. It's most likely due to being holidays and covid. Just a bad time to order.

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah man, holiday season + COVID is a bad mix for everyone. For the warehouse workers and ups/fedex/usps cause of the COVID restrictions, really slowed shipping times down
They're reputable and usually pretty streamlined. It's most likely due to being holidays and covid. Just a bad time to order.
Yeah I figured as much. I just wasn't sure if this was a normal thing and it's my first time ordering from them. I'm not hating on Fitment Industries though. I understand this whole situation has caused many delays with many companies. I was just not expecting the order to go from being worked on/assembled, to suddenly ordering parts since they don't have it in location.

I double checked the order and it's back to assembly. Thanks fam!

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I bought my wheels through them. They never emailed to let me know they shipped, but once I checked order status the tracking numbers were already there and they arrived super fast. Great service overall, no real complaints.

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just don't have good luck with them unfortunately.

Let me just start by saying that I am sure Fitment Industries is not a horrible supplier or business, nor am I going to deter people from buying from them, but my first and probably last experience from them has been just a huge headache.

After finally receiving my wheel and tire setup from FedEx, the driver said I'd have to pay a "lift gate fee" because the wheel and tire package was on a pallet. The driver then said after that "Oh it's the holidays, don't worry about the fee." That already just gave me a bad vibe and the fee was about $70 which was not even mentioned in Fitment Industries shipping page, especially since my order was upgraded to expedited shipping due to other issues with the order.

After inspecting the wheels and tires, everything was fine except for one wheel. There was a small paint chip on the spoke, but nothing too bad. I can barely tell. I emailed Fitment and they told me they would partially reimburse me for the issue which was fine with me. I just did not like the thought that the wheel I ordered already has a paint chip - especially since they were nicely wrapped with foam and cardboard padding between wheels, which to me seems like something happened during assembly, not during shipping.

After mounting the wheels and tires on my car everything seemed fine, my car looked good with new wheels, and I was very happy - until my TPMS sensor started going off every other week. The second time the sensor went off I bought a inflator tool that also checks the PSI of each tire. Everything was fine except for one tire... guess which tire? The one with the wheel and the paint chip (which is my Left Rear). The PSI was dropping to 28-29 after two weeks after being set to 32 while all the others were around 33-34 PSI.

At this point I took the car to America's Tire because I thought the tire might have a leak or a nail, but upon visual inspection - the technicians couldn't find a nail or any cracks on the side wall. They even submerged the tire in water and found no bubbles. We were all confused. The manager offered to take the tire off and inspect it, but right when they were about to start - he immediately stopped and found the issue. The bead was broken. He told me that this kind of tear or issue happens when a tire is mounted incorrectly. The safest thing to do would be to get a completely new tire. So I said, F*** it and had them order me a new tire and within the next day they got the tire in and was able to fit me in their schedule same day for the install. Great customer service and a quick service/experience.

I emailed Fitment because I literally only had the wheel and tires for about 2 months and they had less that 2000 miles on them. I asked if there is any warranty for this unique issue, but they had to go through their vendor in which they ask for pictures of the tire, tire information, invoices, etc. This whole process took almost a month with sometimes no update from the vendor (Not Fitment as they were communicating with me during this wait period.) After about a month and a half and I finally get a response in which they mentioned that it is not covered, but they were going to speak to their manager and see what they can do for my situation. I got another email shortly after with them ordering another tire for me... but I don't need another tire. I replied back with the situation and hope there could be another solution.

That's where I am currently at and will update this thread as I go. I am NOT saying Fitment Industries is a bad company, I just think my experience with my order was not the best. I don't know if I feel just a bit hurt/irritated/disappointed because I follow them on YouTube and other social media platforms because I like their content. They were also recommended by a lot of friends to order wheels and tires from.

I've attached a picture of the tire with the broken bead for reference, but I just don't know where to go from here. Maybe I'm just part of the unlucky ones from a large pool of orders. I'm happy with the setup, but I am now short $200 for the tire I had to get because America's Tire couldn't just give me a free tire since I did not get it from them.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fitment Industries Experience? IMG_0614

Last edited:

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
:eek:

Sorry to see this. I haven't ordered any products from them but have occasionally browsed their website.

Such a bummer to see this kind of improper installation, I hope they remedy the issue with you and offer compensation.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
I had the exact same issues you had. Mine actually went from assembly and quality check, back to product inbound 3 or 4 times. Then it finally said shipped but I never got a tracking number. I contacted customer support after a few days and they basically just said to check the tracker page. And then the wheels showed up the next day.

2 of my wheels were missing center caps when they showed up, so they contacted the manufacturer and got me new ones within about a week.

I also had a issue with one tire slow leaking. So I took it to discount tire and they dunk tanked it, sprayed it with soap, dismounted the tire and inspected the tire and rim and they couldn't find anything either. So they put in a new valve stem and remounted the tire with bead lock. Its only been a couple days but I'm scared maybe it has a bad bead like yours

Civic_EU

First Name
Matus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB Sport, Volvo 940, couple of e36 BMW
Country flag
Please dont get me wrong, your situation is unlucky for sure and I hope it will be sorted out right, but that foto showing broken bead is not conclusive at all, did you saw the tire when it was taken off rim, did you tried that bead if its for real broken ? that thing is thiiiick my boii and the foto is just showing little outside rubber damage, yes it can leak air as you sad, but ist usually easily fixable just by using rubber glue for tire mounting, hope you didnt left the tire for free in the shop, thats all what iam trying to say ?

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Please dont get me wrong, your situation is unlucky for sure and I hope it will be sorted out right, but that foto showing broken bead is not conclusive at all, did you saw the tire when it was taken off rim, did you tried that bead if its for real broken ? that thing is thiiiick my boii and the foto is just showing little outside rubber damage, yes it can leak air as you sad, but ist usually easily fixable just by using rubber glue for tire mounting, hope you didnt left the tire for free in the shop, thats all what iam trying to say ?
nah you’re good. I was with them when they removed the tire. I still have the tire with me lol. It was just disappointing because even if the bead isn’t as bad as it looks, I don’t think it should be like that at all especially as a new set you get me?

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
I'm tempted to bring mine in somewhere else and have them check my bead to see if it looks like that. But I would think discount tire would have found it considering they completely dismounted the tire?

Civic_EU

First Name
Matus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB Sport, Volvo 940, couple of e36 BMW
Country flag
nah you’re good. I was with them when they removed the tire. I still have the tire with me lol. It was just disappointing because even if the bead isn’t as bad as it looks, I don’t think it should be like that at all especially as a new set you get me?
Absolutely mate, it shouldnt be like that at all on brand new set of wheels / rubber. You payed good money for it Iam sure, and should be compensated for it. Just sayin that rubber damage is in my book minor and I would keep it a spare for sure.

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm tempted to bring mine in somewhere else and have them check my bead to see if it looks like that. But I would think discount tire would have found it considering they completely dismounted the tire?
If they dismounted the tire, they would have definitely told you. I was with them while they removed the tire from my wheel and saw issue with the bead. Though hopefully it was fixed this time. It could have been a bad valve stem too.

As what Civic EU said, it may have been fixed with bead glue, but I just don’t think that should be overlooked and sent like that. If my wheel had a paint chip and the tire bead was broken, something definitely happened while installation.
Sponsored