Fitment help 18x8 +45

fk7_617

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP 17 FK7 LX
Country flag
I have a 17 LX Hatch and have a set of Assetto Gara in 18x8 +45 wrapped in 235/40/18 CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT SPORT XL and was wondering if anyone could give me tips on putting them on?

I am currently on factory suspension. When I go to put wheels on my tire ends up hitting part of the shock absorber. Is there any way I can mount these? or should I just go and sell them? My wife bought them for my anniversary present a month ago... Any advice would rock. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
if the rub is not too too bad I would just do thin spacers

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have a 17 LX Hatch and have a set of Assetto Gara in 18x8 +45 wrapped in 235/40/18 CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT SPORT XL and was wondering if anyone could give me tips on putting them on?

I am currently on factory suspension. When I go to put wheels on my tire ends up hitting part of the shock absorber. Is there any way I can mount these? or should I just go and sell them? My wife bought them for my anniversary present a month ago... Any advice would rock. Thanks in advance.
18x8 +45 should not rub...
On higher end trim Hatchback models, the stock wheel & tire combo is 18x8 +50, with 235/40/18 tires.
There is A LOT of space in the wheel well, and +45 compared to +50 should give you EVEN MORE clearance.

I upsized to 18x9 +40 wheels, with 245 wide tires, and there is still room to go wider.
This is on stock suspension.

Do you have any pictures you can share?
Are you using any hub ring adapters?

Our center bore diameter is 64.1 mm, most aftermarket wheels are usually bigger (e.g. 75 mm, etc).

UNLESS, they gave you the wrong offset wheels or something, OR the TIRE is not mounted onto the wheel correctly...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
He's exactly right. That's a very conservative fit and shouldn't rub at all.

Your LX hatch came with 17x7 wheels with the same +45 offset. So inset would only be an additional 1/2" with the 18x8's.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use 18x8 ET45 on hatchback and there is ALOT of room on both sides... i guess there is something wrong if wheel is touching the shock... i am lowered 2" and i dont rub fender even with 15mm spacers that makes total ET30... are you sure they are ET45?

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag

This doesn't make any sense! The Sport, and Sport Touring Hatch come with 18x8, 50mm, and do not contact any part of the stock suspension!!!

Michael's FC2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX sedan
Country flag
Has anyone here used 20 mm wheel spacers with their OEM wheels? Do they fit? Or do the studs need to be cut. I'd really rather not cut my studs lol

OP
OP

fk7_617

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP 17 FK7 LX
Country flag
Has anyone here used 20 mm wheel spacers with their OEM wheels? Do they fit? Or do the studs need to be cut. I'd really rather not cut my studs lol
15mm you would need to trim the studs. 20mm will be fine. Be careful, I ordered from garageline website and they took my payment, held my payment for 2 weeks and then created a label that had no movement for another 2 weeks, told me they would call me back with shipping info and then didn't lol then I just emailed them and asked for a refund.

Michael's FC2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX sedan
Country flag
Thanks man I'll keep that in mind ?, I went with eBay spacers. But they have 10.9 grade studs and the spacer itself is aircraft billet aluminum. All 5 star reviews too.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
they fit.
I'm running 20mm up front, and 25mm on the rear ... gives it a nice, flush look (imo)
Sponsored