Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
So I bought my 19’ Si last October. I just waxed it for the first time (had to wait for weather then minor paint work from a door ding to cure). I’ve never owned a white car, but have performed thousands of wax jobs. I will say
White is the biggest pain in the ass to wax. I use mothers wax, it applies white so trying to see if you missed a spot upon removal takes 3 times as long. Almost just consorted to feel instead of sight, sorry rant over.
Sponsored

PNWCIVICSPORTHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport HB
Country flag
forget the paste or cream wax. spray sealants are the way to go. spray it on everything and wipe. whole car done in 30 min

OP
OP
Hajidub

Hajidub

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
forget the paste or cream wax. spray sealants are the way to go. spray it on everything and wipe. whole car done in 30 min
Guess I’m old school in that way, 40 years of ownership and I’ve never used a spray wax.

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Guess I’m old school in that way, 40 years of ownership and I’ve never used a spray wax.
Buy some Turtle Wax spray wax and sealant, you will not regret it. Also the Turtle Wax wax and dry for drying the car after washing. Helps a ton.

Funjeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just did my 2020 Si white pearl. Washed first, Mothers speed clay with car wash soap as lube. Then Turtle wax Ice seal n shine hybrid ceramic/wax spray. Turned out great. 24hr cure time on the seal n shine, then did another coat. Plan on doing a overcoat of liquid wax next time I wash, but the Turtle spray is holding up well. Liquid wax for just a little more protection for highway driving.

PNWCIVICSPORTHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport HB
Country flag
besides my silver car we have 3 white vehicles in the family. some of them have black trim and paste and liquid wax was a pain to keep the wax from getting on the black plastic and staining them.

no need to worry with spray sealants. they can be pretty much used on any surface.

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How often are you guys clay barring/spray waxing? This is my first new car (where it's not already beat to shit) and also my first white car. I just clay barred and spray waxed for the first time since getting it last Aug and it looks fantastic! I know the paint on these cars aren't great so I want to keep it as long as possible.

OP
OP
Hajidub

Hajidub

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
Clay bar once Every couple years, wax in spring and before winter.

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
You don’t need a paste wax on a new car. If it doesn’t have any swirl scratches, use a spray wax.
-ceramic coating at first.
-spray wax
- sealant

after that your weekly wash will be really easy.
I only use chemical guys and turtle wax
Sponsored