first wash and wax

pigpen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Country flag
i am getting ready to wash my car for the first time and I am a total noob. Never had a car I cared enough about to do more then wash and wax combo. I was thinking of doing the below...

1. Two bucket method wash with Armorall ultra wash and wax (currently have a bottle)

2.meguiars clay smooth surface clay kit

4. Rinse and dry

3. Turtle Wax ICE polish (currently have a bottle)

4. Meguiars wax (whatever I can find at Walmart) any recommendations?

Anything I should add or subtract?

I may eventually get into chemical guys stuff but for now was just gonna do meguiars or whatever was local
Sponsored

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
I'm not sure about the whole wash/wax procedure, a lot of guys (and gals) spend a ton of time washing and waxing, but I'm pretty lazy. The chemical guys sell a wash and wax waterless car wash that you spray on and use microfiber clothes to wipe off and it works wonderfully. Smooth, shiny, glass like surface, liquid just beads off, and it takes about fifteen minutes.

So, sorry for not answering your initial question, but figured I would mention the chemical guys waterless wash :yes:

reversals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I don't recommend rinsing with water after you use a clay bar. Claying effectively removes the contaminants from the surface of the paint. Rinsing with water adds additional contaminants from the water back onto the paint. If you're using Meguiar's clay kit, I would just wipe off the quick detailer that's included. I haven't had any problems with Meguiar's waxes either, so I think you're good to go.
Sponsored