First time wrapping..

rdabellano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 BMW 135i, 2013 Subaru WRX STI, 2009 Honda Civic LX
After being rejected and ignored by so many shops around my area, I decided to buy a carbon fiber vinyl wrap in ebay and do it myself. Afterall, how bad can it be? I finally finished it within 3 hours with some burnt fingers from the blow dryer, and some cuts, but I think it's worth it: Here's the before and after:

Honda Civic 10th gen First time wrapping.. IMG_0629.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen First time wrapping.. IMG_0631.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen First time wrapping.. IMG_0633.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen First time wrapping.. IMG_0634.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen First time wrapping.. IMG_0636.JPG

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
After being rejected and ignored by so many shops around my area, I decided to buy a carbon fiber vinyl wrap in ebay and do it myself. Afterall, how bad can it be? I finally finished it within 3 hours with some burnt fingers from the blow dryer, and some cuts, but I think it's worth it: Here's the before and after:

IMG_0629.JPG
IMG_0631.JPG
IMG_0633.JPG
IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0636.JPG

Amazing Job!:thumbsup:but if you dont mind me asking why were you being rejected? Im thinking of wraping my roof so was wondering if it was diffcult for you?

OP
OP

rdabellano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amazing Job!:thumbsup:but if you dont mind me asking why were you being rejected? Im thinking of wraping my roof so was wondering if it was diffcult for you?
Some shops say there's too many curves and I don't blame them especially the middle grill, what PITA to stretch that carbon fiber, and thanks to the blow dryer. The roof and the hood is what most shops said they can do, but not the grill lol.

Some other shops said we no longer wraps, while others are out of business. LOL. Though, $29 for 7x10 ft of carbon fiber, with squeegee and knife, I think it's worth it. I was contemplating where I should wrap the rest of the black plastic in the front and also the chrome trim visors...

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Way to go!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 4D Canadian Model
Country flag
Great job! I was thinking about doing the same thing on my blue civic, but wasn't sure if I should/could do it myself or if it will be better to leave the job to a "professional", but I just might give it try now!

OP
OP

rdabellano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great job! I was thinking about doing the same thing on my blue civic, but wasn't sure if I should/could do it myself or if it will be better to leave the job to a "professional", but I just might give it try now!
just take your time bro, there are some edges that didn't turn up good, but it's not noticeable unless you really look at it. I say go for it! it's an experience for me, and I'm glad I did it, hopefully the next time I do, I'll be a lot better.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_0629.JPG
IMG_0631.JPG
IMG_0633.JPG
IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0636.JPG
Looks awesome...Great job:thumbsup::D
Sponsored