Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OK, let's get this out of the way. I only hand wash my car at my house... no commercial car washes for me ever. So with winter basically here, I've put many layers of wax on it to try to protect the finish. It's just too cold to hose wash.

I came across a product that you mix in a bottle with water, spray on your dirty but not too dirty car and wipe off with a clean microfiber cloth. Having never used a product like this I didn't know what to expect. Well the stuff work great. I was surprised how well it worked.

Here's a pic of my car after cleaning it today. It was so easy...

Honda Civic 10th gen First time using waterless car wash picnew

Here's a link to the product. I figure I can get about 20 washes from the kit. Not bad for $22.99!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075...40_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ultima+car+wash&psc=1
Sponsored

Last edited:

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
You are a brave man. I'm too chicken to try this on my baby (the Si). I'll give it a whirl on my 13 Lx though.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You are a brave man. I'm too chicken to try this on my baby (the Si). I'll give it a whirl on my 13 Lx though.
I hear you. I was a little nervous trying that on my baby too. And I'll only use this during the sub-freezing winter months here on the East Coast. I see you live out in L.A. so no need for you to use the waterless stuff at all.

I have to admit, it actually was pretty cool "washing" my car in 30 degree weather.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's great. No issues with swirl marks ?

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
I hear you. I was a little nervous trying that on my baby too. And I'll only use this during the sub-freezing winter months here on the East Coast. I see you live out in L.A. so no need for you to use the waterless stuff at all.

I have to admit, it actually was pretty cool "washing" my car in 30 degree weather.
Haha, good point. I was viewing it from the saving water angle.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's great. No issues with swirl marks ?
Nope. Now, keep in mind my car has a couple layers of wax on it and that may help. I was really impressed with this stuff. I just sprayed it on, let it sit for a minute, then wiped it off with a clean soft microfiber cloth. When each panel was wiped off, I used another clean microfiber cloth to buff it (it contains a polymer that gives it a shine).

Tyler

Drive Clean!
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX, 2005 BMW M3, 2008 BMW 335i, 2003 Jetta TDI
Country flag
Waterless washing is perfectly safe on vehicles with light amounts of dust - but is not designed for vehicles with any moderate or severe amount of 'stuck' dust or dirt.
The Process used is vital. I typically find working in smaller sections at a time is best. Mist the area with the product (how much will depend on how contaminated the surface is), and let it dwell for a few seconds. Mist a microfiber towel folded into quarters, and wipe in a single direction on the treated area. With every wipe, lift up the leading edge of the towel so that a 'fresh' or 'clean' portion of the towel is picking up the dirt. For heavily dirtied vehicles, it's also beneficial to gradually lift up the leading edge on every wipe. Once every edge of that side has been used, flip to a fresh, clean side. Dispose when the towel is heavily contaminated or all sides used.

Many are afraid of waterless washing - which is perfectly understandable. However, there are many flavors of these products, and in turn there have come out of that many of them to be great. Some of my favorites include:

• Ultima Waterless Wash Plus
  • CarPro ECH20

There are also Rinseless Washes which many may find interest in.

Rather than spraying and wiping the surface, you mix this product in a bucket and wash it more traditionally - with a wash media, starting at the top and coming down the vehicle, rinsing the debris out in the bucket every so often. This has proven to be equally as effective, if not more, and even more safe on the paintwork when proper tools are use, such as:

• Optimum No Rinse (ONR)
  • Bucket
  • Grit Guard at the bottom of the bucket to catch the fallen dirt from the wash media
  • Quality wash media

Just some thoughts, feel free to ask questions.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Tyler, I used the Ultima Waterless Wash Plus and was really impressed with it. I also used some very thick and soft Chemical Guys microfiber towels. Thanks for all the tips you posted.
Sponsored