Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hello, my name is Josh and I live in Salt Lake City. Ever since I had my liscense, I have been into Volkswagens and have only ever driven VWs for the past 10 years. But yesterday that all changed when I traded in my salvage title 2017 base model Jetta S 1.4T 5-Speed Manual for this 2020 Honda Civic Si with just 9,900 miles on the clock. Straight-up cash, no financing. 5 year 100k mile bumper-to-bumper optional warranty starting at purchase date. Despite being a VW enthusiast I have always been open to two other makes - Honda and Toyota. Thats it. If it is not from one of those 3, Im not buying it. Did you know there is a Gazoo Racing Edition Carolla in the works at Toyota?

So how did all this come about? The reason for getting rid of such a great car (there were no issues with the Jetta whatsoever) was because for the past two years it has just been a stop-gap solution as I save up for something more exiting and sporty. Yes I averaged 42 MPG highway and thats nice but its not like the Civic Si is thirsty, either. Of course I was looking for a GTI but they are quite desirable and expensive and it hard to get a good deal. I even considered a Hyundai Veloster-N Salvage car I found but it was not rebuilt well and was worthless.

So this 2020 Civic Si is NOT a Salvage title car but has been crashed and then front bumper and headlight were replaced. That is how I was able to get it for such a good deal with a legitimate warranty. The asking price was $19,000 and I got him down to $18,000, but then the dealer told me something I couldn't believe and thats when the deal was sealed:

You see when I bought my salvage Jetta in summer 2019 it had 29K miles and it cost me $7000 from a dealership. Great deal, right? Well I didn't realize just how good of a deal because the Honda Dealer offered me $7,500 for the trade-in after being inspected by a mechanic. Even though it is now at 50K miles. With the lowered price on the Civic Si plus the bumper-to-bumper warranty and the astounding profit trade-in, I just couldn't refuse. Its just about the greatest value you could ever get on a used car purchase. Of course I test drove the Si extensively knowing it had been crashed and demanded photos of the damage. Everything is perfect on the car, not a single issue whatsoever, and it is EXTREMELY clean with just some road rash on one wheel and a single tiny rock paint chip on the entire car. It was simply a win-win-win situation. My insurance premium even went down thanks to the Adaptive Cruise Control and other advanced safety features.

So Im very happy, took it for a blast in the mountains last night, absolutely epic little car!

So now lets talk about why I joined the forum. Being a car enthusiast I have modified every VW I own. Now with the warranty on this car I won't be modifying it anytime soon but the dealer did say fitting something like a cold-air intake won't be an issue as it does not affect the engine operation in any way which makes perfect sense and obviously I agree. But I do need information so I can start researching for later on. Plus a CAI would be nice for engine noises ?.

So, with VWs, Audis, Mercedes, BMW, and Porche (German cars Essentially), there is a single go-to webside that provides all of the major brands of performance parts is ECSTuning.com. They have everything from full blown big turbo kits to aftermarket wheels to even tuning software and reputable piggy-back chips. Full blown race clutch kits, front-mount Intercooler kits, you name it, they have it. All the biggest brands products are sold on that site including APR, Integrated Engineering, CTS Turbo, Forge Motorsports and more. It has become such a big company that ECS now even manufacturers their own, less expensive, but still excellent quality performance upgrades. They even have their own Coil-Over Kits these days.

The reason I explained all that is because now that I have an Si, I want to find the Honda equivalent of that site. Where would I go to avoid cheaply-made off brand crap and get reliable, reputable, professional-grade performance parts?

Thanks for having me, and have a great day, Im excited to be a part of the Honda Community!

Honda Civic 10th gen First Time Honda Sports Car Owner! IMG_20210613_092503

Honda Civic 10th gen First Time Honda Sports Car Owner! IMG_20210613_092732

Honda Civic 10th gen First Time Honda Sports Car Owner! IMG_20210613_065016

Honda Civic 10th gen First Time Honda Sports Car Owner! IMG_20210613_095341

Honda Civic 10th gen First Time Honda Sports Car Owner! IMG_20210613_095105

Honda Civic 10th gen First Time Honda Sports Car Owner! IMG_20210613_095121

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello, my name is Josh and I live in Salt Lake City. Ever since I had my liscense, I have been into Volkswagens and have only ever driven VWs for the past 10 years. But yesterday that all changed when I traded in my salvage title 2017 base model Jetta S 1.4T 5-Speed Manual for this 2020 Honda Civic Si with just 9,900 miles on the clock. Straight-up cash, no financing. 5 year 100k mile bumper-to-bumper optional warranty starting at purchase date. Despite being a VW enthusiast I have always been open to two other makes - Honda and Toyota. Thats it. If it is not from one of those 3, Im not buying it. Did you know there is a Gazoo Racing Edition Carolla in the works at Toyota?

So how did all this come about? The reason for getting rid of such a great car (there were no issues with the Jetta whatsoever) was because for the past two years it has just been a stop-gap solution as I save up for something more exiting and sporty. Yes I averaged 42 MPG highway and thats nice but its not like the Civic Si is thirsty, either. Of course I was looking for a GTI but they are quite desirable and expensive and it hard to get a good deal. I even considered a Hyundai Veloster-N Salvage car I found but it was not rebuilt well and was worthless.

So this 2020 Civic Si is NOT a Salvage title car but has been crashed and then front bumper and headlight were replaced. That is how I was able to get it for such a good deal with a legitimate warranty. The asking price was $19,000 and I got him down to $18,000, but then the dealer told me something I couldn't believe and thats when the deal was sealed:

You see when I bought my salvage Jetta in summer 2019 it had 29K miles and it cost me $7000 from a dealership. Great deal, right? Well I didn't realize just how good of a deal because the Honda Dealer offered me $7,500 for the trade-in after being inspected by a mechanic. Even though it is now at 50K miles. With the lowered price on the Civic Si plus the bumper-to-bumper warranty and the astounding profit trade-in, I just couldn't refuse. Its just about the greatest value you could ever get on a used car purchase. Of course I test drove the Si extensively knowing it had been crashed and demanded photos of the damage. Everything is perfect on the car, not a single issue whatsoever, and it is EXTREMELY clean with just some road rash on one wheel and a single tiny rock paint chip on the entire car. It was simply a win-win-win situation. My insurance premium even went down thanks to the Adaptive Cruise Control and other advanced safety features.

So Im very happy, took it for a blast in the mountains last night, absolutely epic little car!

So now lets talk about why I joined the forum. Being a car enthusiast I have modified every VW I own. Now with the warranty on this car I won't be modifying it anytime soon but the dealer did say fitting something like a cold-air intake won't be an issue as it does not affect the engine operation in any way which makes perfect sense and obviously I agree. But I do need information so I can start researching for later on. Plus a CAI would be nice for engine noises ?.

So, with VWs, Audis, Mercedes, BMW, and Porche (German cars Essentially), there is a single go-to webside that provides all of the major brands of performance parts is ECSTuning.com. They have everything from full blown big turbo kits to aftermarket wheels to even tuning software and reputable piggy-back chips. Full blown race clutch kits, front-mount Intercooler kits, you name it, they have it. All the biggest brands products are sold on that site including APR, Integrated Engineering, CTS Turbo, Forge Motorsports and more. It has become such a big company that ECS now even manufacturers their own, less expensive, but still excellent quality performance upgrades. They even have their own Coil-Over Kits these days.

The reason I explained all that is because now that I have an Si, I want to find the Honda equivalent of that site. Where would I go to avoid cheaply-made off brand crap and get reliable, reputable, professional-grade performance parts?

Thanks for having me, and have a great day, Im excited to be a part of the Honda Community!

IMG_20210613_092503.jpg

IMG_20210613_092732.jpg

IMG_20210613_065016.jpg

IMG_20210613_095341.jpg

IMG_20210613_095105.jpg

IMG_20210613_095121.jpg
Congrats on your new car. I used to have a mk6 Jetta and ECS was my go to for everything. @Unity Performance is now my g to for Honda. Humza and his people are extremely knowledgeable and carry only the good stuff.

OP
OP
wallacengineering

wallacengineering

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Congrats on your new car. I used to have a mk6 Jetta and ECS was my go to for everything. @Unity Performance is now my g to for Honda. Humza and his people are extremely knowledgeable and carry only the good stuff.
Thanks man! I will look into it! What do you recommend for Oil? I noticed its ever so slightly low from the dealership. Not enough to trigger a warning but it barely shows on the dipstick and is lower than the low dot. I have seen threads where people recommend either Amsoil Signature series or this oil Ive never heard of before today called Zepro Eco Medalist.

I prefer long change intervals as I feel that spending more on nice oil and having it last longer is preferable to having to change it every 3-5K miles. My Jetta always got Liqui-Moly "Next-Gen" Full Syn from ECS Tuning that claimed 12K-mile change intervals and honestly I believe them. I changed it every 10k miles and it still had life in it, it wasn't totally black even after 10,000 miles!

So Ill do the expensive Amsoil Signature 0W-20 if it can do 10K intervals. I drive economically and treat my vehicles well unless I go for a blast in the mountains which of course involves sport mode and 5500-6000 RPM gear changes. I figure if its a little under Redline there should be no issues, its a Honda after all. So what do you think of these two oils? Plenty of people claim Amsoil Signature is the absolute best but a few people claim the Zepro is nearly as good for much less. What is your opinion?

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
Congrats on the pickup. I had a 2017 that was stolen last year. Recently picked up a salvaged 2019 to restore but couldn't find the time and ended parted it out. They were only asking $19,000 for a 2020? R U sure there is nothing else wrong that maybe they are hiding? Earlier in the year (or was that 2020...LOL) I searched everywhere for a 2017-2019 and the cheapest I could find was almost $23,000 for a 2018 with 40K miles on it. I'm seeing 2019's as much as $27K

Rengokuro

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic si sedan
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man, glad you joined the Honda squad! Love the si coup. If im being honest, the two main companies for aftermarket parts on the 10th civic are PRL Motorsports and 27Won. With a sprinkle of parts here and there from injen, greddy, perrin ect ect. My go to website is MAPerformance when buying parts.
Right now I’m full bolt ons, with some handling parts, so if you need help with anything feel free to dm me man. 10th gen community is pretty good about helping eachother out.
My Instagram is @ Rengokuro
Honda Civic 10th gen First Time Honda Sports Car Owner! B25BD745-DDF1-48FC-82A8-21FE39DDBEFB

OP
OP
wallacengineering

wallacengineering

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Congrats on the pickup. I had a 2017 that was stolen last year. Recently picked up a salvaged 2019 to restore but couldn't find the time and ended parted it out. They were only asking $19,000 for a 2020? R U sure there is nothing else wrong that maybe they are hiding? Earlier in the year (or was that 2020...LOL) I searched everywhere for a 2017-2019 and the cheapest I could find was almost $23,000 for a 2018 with 40K miles on it. I'm seeing 2019's as much as $27K
You read the whole post didn't you? It has been crashed but NOT written off, it has a warranty. It is treated and sold as a salvage title car but the title does not state rebuilt or restored. There was some small issue when I picked it up but it was replaced immediately so it didn't matter. The dealer literally made a mistake and forgot to have the mechanic replace the front radar after the crash. Already put the car through 2 full tanks of fuel and its fine, everything works perfectly.

OP
OP
wallacengineering

wallacengineering

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey man, glad you joined the Honda squad! Love the si coup. If im being honest, the two main companies for aftermarket parts on the 10th civic are PRL Motorsports and 27Won. With a sprinkle of parts here and there from injen, greddy, perrin ect ect. My go to website is MAPerformance when buying parts.
Right now I’m full bolt ons, with some handling parts, so if you need help with anything feel free to dm me man. 10th gen community is pretty good about helping eachother out.
B25BD745-DDF1-48FC-82A8-21FE39DDBEFB.jpeg
Thats a sick looking ride for sure! I probably won't bother though, they look so good stock already, plus I got the warranty I want to keep for at least the first few years. A Carbon hood to offset the red would be the only thing I would do to it. It already handles in sport mode like the road is made of super glue, I see no reason to modify the suspension in any way. I drove through the East Canyon Run, a windy mountain pass back road one lane each way at an average of 90 MPH the other day. I don't see how you could possibly make it any better, it felt like my face was being torn off in some of the corners lol ?

Honda Civic 10th gen First Time Honda Sports Car Owner! Screenshot_20210613-143003__01__01

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

IMG_20210613_092503.jpg

IMG_20210613_092732.jpg

IMG_20210613_065016.jpg

IMG_20210613_095341.jpg

IMG_20210613_095105.jpg

IMG_20210613_095121.jpg
?????? Welcome!

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
congrats on the coupe and welcome, i love the coupe body style.

As for main parts suppliers, @Rengokuro pretty much got it. The most known performance part companies will be PRL/27won/RV6

I see that you said you have plans to keep it mostly stock which is nice, but in the future if you do decide to tune the car and go for more power then you need to set some money aside for a clutch since our oem clutches will eventually start slipping once you go over stock torque numbers.

that said, hope you enjoy the car. my buddy who has a 10gen si now used to be a huge VW guy, he's now in love with Honda hahah

Honda Civic 10th gen First Time Honda Sports Car Owner! unnamed (1)

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
You read the whole post didn't you? It has been crashed but NOT written off, it has a warranty. It is treated and sold as a salvage title car but the title does not state rebuilt or restored. There was some small issue when I picked it up but it was replaced immediately so it didn't matter. The dealer literally made a mistake and forgot to have the mechanic replace the front radar after the crash. Already put the car through 2 full tanks of fuel and its fine, everything works perfectly.
I re-read it again. This time I paid attention. Great pickup!

OP
OP
wallacengineering

wallacengineering

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
congrats on the coupe and welcome, i love the coupe body style.

As for main parts suppliers, @Rengokuro pretty much got it. The most known performance part companies will be PRL/27won/RV6

I see that you said you have plans to keep it mostly stock which is nice, but in the future if you do decide to tune the car and go for more power then you need to set some money aside for a clutch since our oem clutches will eventually start slipping once you go over stock torque numbers.

that said, hope you enjoy the car. my buddy who has a 10gen si now used to be a huge VW guy, he's now in love with Honda hahah

unnamed (1).jpg
Nice it looks quite good in the white with black wheels. Thats how I ran my Jetta. Ya I watched all the big car journalist reviews and found out that ya the clutch will go with any sort of tuning. Good job Honda way to use a base model civic clutch on an Si ?. I figure if I get the KTuner V2.0 and stage one+ tune one day then Ill go for the Mishimoto Performance Intake and Intercooler, lightweight flywheel, and a stage 2 clutch made for about 300 ft-lbs so its a little bit overkill and will hold up. I think 250 BHP/Ft-Lbs is plenty for a car that only weighs 2900 lbs. That would make it just as fast as a Hyundai Veloster-N so long as we are talking equal 6-Speed transmissions.

Honda Civic 10th gen First Time Honda Sports Car Owner! IMG_20210608_082501__01

OP
OP
wallacengineering

wallacengineering

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This just in! Just got confirmation from the dealership! They do not care if I install a Mishimoto Performance Intake and Intercooler. So long as I do not tune the car or replace the entire exhaust system, I am in the green! They even made a note in my bumper-to-bumper warranty to include the Performance Intake and Intercooler, how cool is that??? Amazing dealership, amazing warranty. I couldn't be happier!

OP
OP
wallacengineering

wallacengineering

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
B25BD745-DDF1-48FC-82A8-21FE39DDBEFB.jpeg
So it seems like with this kind of ride that you have quite a bit of experience keeping the engine in tip-top shape. Up top, you will see a reply after the OP, and then I reply asking about 2 oils.

I want to use an oil that gives me a long service interval with good friction-fighting additives for good fuel economy and less resistance during sporty driving. Some people swear by Amsoil Signature, others swear by Zepro Eco Medalist.

So, what would you say is the best oil for me. Most of the time I drive somewhat carefully and fairly economical. About once or twice a month I will go for a blast in the mountains with 5500-6000 RPM gear changes, trying to have fun but staying a bit away from the redline. So do you think the Amsoil Signature will give me 10K service intervals even with occasional sporty driving?

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks man! I will look into it! What do you recommend for Oil? I noticed its ever so slightly low from the dealership. Not enough to trigger a warning but it barely shows on the dipstick and is lower than the low dot. I have seen threads where people recommend either Amsoil Signature series or this oil Ive never heard of before today called Zepro Eco Medalist.

I prefer long change intervals as I feel that spending more on nice oil and having it last longer is preferable to having to change it every 3-5K miles. My Jetta always got Liqui-Moly "Next-Gen" Full Syn from ECS Tuning that claimed 12K-mile change intervals and honestly I believe them. I changed it every 10k miles and it still had life in it, it wasn't totally black even after 10,000 miles!

So Ill do the expensive Amsoil Signature 0W-20 if it can do 10K intervals. I drive economically and treat my vehicles well unless I go for a blast in the mountains which of course involves sport mode and 5500-6000 RPM gear changes. I figure if its a little under Redline there should be no issues, its a Honda after all. So what do you think of these two oils? Plenty of people claim Amsoil Signature is the absolute best but a few people claim the Zepro is nearly as good for much less. What is your opinion?
So engine oil I have used is Honda oil and filters. I change the oil at about 20% life. These engines have that oil dilution issue so personally I don’t want to go longer between oil changes. But I also don’t claim to know much about cars, I’m just a monkey with a socket set. The MTF oil I changed to Amsoil at 60k kms and couldn’t be happier. I also added Acuity shifter bushings and they make the throw much better. Added stainless lines and RBF600 fluid to make her stop nicer. Like you I have warranty, mine is until 160k Kms. So only mods are going to be stuff that won’t void warranty. Although I am likely going to get the stage 3 shifter from Acuity. It shifts like a racecar but still good for daily. Next spring I’ll get better brakes. The rear rotors squeal like a mf and dealer has replaced them yet they still make noise. Next round getting aftermarkets.