First they had to replace my engine, now...

Are you afraid of somebody hitting your car within the first six months?

• Yes

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 33.3%

• Total voters

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
I think DMV area just has a crap ton of bad drivers. They need to seriously make getting DL's a lot harder. MD in particular. Too many people who really aren't qualified to operate a car that do. Probably main reason why there are so many accidents in the area.
Amen, the main problem in virginia is everyone drives on the offense and tries to cut you off to get 1 car ahead of you, they are stuck in a traffic jam mentality haha
Sponsored

OP
OP
kperalta

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Can the dash cam stay on 24 hours while parked. Also trying to find the one that send video to a phone.
With a proper kit, they can.
As Joshua said, they can with the proper kit. The ones that specifically comes to mind are the:

http://www.blackvue.com/dr650gw-2ch

Or the

http://www.blackvue.com/dr750lw-2ch/

However, to make it run 24 hours or as often as you're not using the car you would need :

http://www.blackvue.com/power-magic-battery-pack/

That's just an expensive set up though one which I plan on buying when my Amazon card is cleared up so I can deterred interest it lol.

Another thing you could do is simply purchase any dash cam that has parking mode, but also buy like a 50000 mAh battery that you plug in once you get out and it'll stay on as long as it's charged. That's significantly cheaper, but you would have to make sure you always charge the battery.

That's enough from me though, sometimes I feel like I give too much free advertising to products haha.

OP
OP
kperalta

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Sorry to see what happened to your car! That is one of my favorite colors too. I'm VERY afraid of someone hitting my car, here in the northern virginia/DC area people are a**holes. Every car I have owned here has been hit when parked in a parking lot or on the street and nobody had the decency to leave a note, even if it just said "sorry"!
People lack the ability to take responsibility. It's sad that there are so many bad drivers who just don't give a shit, and don't try to improve in any way.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People lack the ability to take responsibility. It's sad that there are so many bad drivers who just don't give a shit, and don't try to improve in any way.
The only person who is really gonna care about your stuff is you. That's the way the world is, and that's the way it's always been. I know, it's pathetic, but the only way the world is gonna change is if everyone launches all their nukes at once.

Last edited:

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
As Joshua said, they can with the proper kit. The ones that specifically comes to mind are the:

http://www.blackvue.com/dr650gw-2ch

Or the

http://www.blackvue.com/dr750lw-2ch/

However, to make it run 24 hours or as often as you're not using the car you would need :

http://www.blackvue.com/power-magic-battery-pack/

That's just an expensive set up though one which I plan on buying when my Amazon card is cleared up so I can deterred interest it lol.

Another thing you could do is simply purchase any dash cam that has parking mode, but also buy like a 50000 mAh battery that you plug in once you get out and it'll stay on as long as it's charged. That's significantly cheaper, but you would have to make sure you always charge the battery.

That's enough from me though, sometimes I feel like I give too much free advertising to products haha.
Thank you that is great! I heard of one with cellular connection full time. There is a monthly fee, but if you have an expensive car, I guess you would pay it.

Jay Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
I voted no on your poll, because mine is already in the collision shop. After only 4 months...
Wow that's crazy!! Happy you had a dash cam! That's why i invested on a dash cam blackvue dr650-w2ch which have parking mode recording. Events like this always reminds me that you can't be to careful in this world. Cant wait to see the footage.

justindelp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2016 CR-V EX
Honda Civic 10th gen First they had to replace my engine, now... ima
Honda Civic 10th gen First they had to replace my engine, now... ima

Oh no! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I got my Civic 3/18 and it was sideswiped on 3/20 and gone for four weeks at the shop while I drove a rental (Dodge Dart ew) I know your pain!!!

Now though, I'm not afraid of a new car getting hit since it already happened that one time Honda Civic 10th gen First they had to replace my engine, now... ima

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Oh no! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I got my Civic 3/18 and it was sideswiped on 3/20 and gone for four weeks at the shop while I drove a rental (Dodge Dart ew) I know your pain!!!

Now though, I'm not afraid of a new car getting hit since it already happened that one time image.jpeg
This made me cringe...sorry to hear...

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Now though, I'm not afraid of a new car getting hit since it already happened that one time image.jpeg
Holy that hit looks nasty. How did the repair work out? Looking like new?

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
Sorry to see what happened to your car! That is one of my favorite colors too. I'm VERY afraid of someone hitting my car, here in the northern virginia/DC area people are a**holes. Every car I have owned here has been hit when parked in a parking lot or on the street and nobody had the decency to leave a note, even if it just said "sorry"!
I'm in NOVA too and today a guy drove directly across my path and get this...he was READING A BOOK!!! He had the book in his left hand and the steering wheel in his right hand! UNBELIEVABLE. Fortunately, I was driving slowly (it was a parking lot) and was able to hit the brakes, the dummy just looked at me and shrugged. I think we have over the legal limit of idiots per capita.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in NOVA too and today a guy drove directly across my path and get this...he was READING A BOOK!!! He had the book in his left hand and the steering wheel in his right hand! UNBELIEVABLE. Fortunately, I was driving slowly (it was a parking lot) and was able to hit the brakes, the dummy just looked at me and shrugged. I think we have over the legal limit of idiots per capita.
Let me guess, he had a Maryland plate though, right? I once saw someone in MD driving while signing papers at 50 MPH...I love the DMV but the drivers are something else lol...

My stupidity of the day: Saw a guy in a pickup casually run a red at 10 MPH, in front of other cars. I swear some people aren't even conscious when driving...

And don't get me started on Uber drivers /end rant
Sponsored