First Texas Honda x Hondata x FlashPro x Factory Warranty!!

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M3CS / 2017 Chevy Tahoe Z71
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have it in writing, from the Honda dealership who collected payment for the job.
Apparently there is a bunch of Honda dealerships who are authorized Hondata installers on the program
Sponsored

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have it in writing, from the Honda dealership who collected payment for the job.
Apparently there is a bunch of Honda dealerships who are authorized Hondata installers on the program
and growing...i know of at least one in atlanta. it's a solid distribution/channel strategy by hondata which will only bring greater local support via honda dealerships - great for owners and customers wanting something more than stock.

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
Can you upload any tune you want or is the Flashpro/ecu locked? If you can reflash yourself what happens to your warranty?
Did you get something from Honda corp saying your factory warranty is honored with the new tune or is it just the dealer saying it is not voided?
If you reside within the US, I covered this in #14, as the consumer is protected under the MMWA from having their warranty voided.

Eagle_f90

If you reside within the US, I covered this in #14, as the consumer is protected under the MMWA from having their warranty voided.
Yes but the MMWA would not apply if you have modified the factory tune and then you say bend a rod. Honda Corporate could easy say the extra power caused it and deny your warrantee. It is cool that the dealership would honor the warrantee but since there is nothing from corporate I wonder if other deals would honor the warrantee.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Any chance you can upload said contract? With your personal information removed. I am curious what this contract says.

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
Yes but the MMWA would not apply if you have modified the factory tune and then you say bend a rod. Honda Corporate could easy say the extra power caused it and deny your warrantee. It is cool that the dealership would honor the warrantee but since there is nothing from corporate I wonder if other deals would honor the warrantee.
Again, the legal burden of proof is on Honda... have you even bothered to read the MMWA (it's only been around for 43 years afterall)?
  • Considering this law is what enforces almost all consumer warranties (both warranties that come with a product, as well as purchasable ones), one would think most would find it an important piece of legislation to at least have read once.

Last edited:

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Regardless, it all comes down to individual dealer relationships and not Honda corporate who will not official bless aftermarket tunes for warranty. In all cases it’s 50/50 and goes either way for warranty.

Just do it and enjoy!

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
Regardless, it all comes down to individual dealer relationships and not Honda corporate who will not official bless aftermarket tunes for warranty. In all cases it’s 50/50 and goes either way for warranty.
That's simply factually inaccurate if residing within the US... Please go and read the MMWA [Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act].
  • The repeated posting of modding will void a warranty is the same factually inaccurate fear mongering so many pushed with "rooting your Android device will void it's warranty", of which did not void any manufacturer's warranty (had any bothered to read their warranties, their warranties said no such thing)... but instead of actually reading the warranty, in conjunction with the MMWA, users insisted on repeatedly parroting factually inaccurate information.

If one wants to know what will and will not void your warranty, perhaps one should try actually reading their warranty terms, in conjunction with the MMWA. There is no gray area on this, and user's opinions regarding what they believe will void a warranty simply don't matter... what does matter is what the warranty terms actually say, in conjunction with the MMWA.
  • In other words, unless/until a user posts verbatim what warranty term a specific modification violates, their opinion on the matter should be entirely disregarded, because again, their opinion on this doesn't matter... what matters is what the warranty terms actually say and whether those terms are in tandem with the law [i.e. the MMWA], and if they are not, the law [i.e. the MMWA] takes precedence.
    • A warranty is a legally binding contract between the manufacturer/warranty underwriter and the consumer.

Last edited:

Eagle_f90

Again, the legal burden of proof is on Honda... have you even bothered to read the MMWA (it's only been around for 43 years afterall)?
  • Considering this law is what enforces almost all consumer warranties (both warranties that come with a product, as well as purchasable ones), one would think most would find it an important piece of legislation to at least have read once.
I never said the burden of proof is not on Honda if you read my post I said they could easy deny the claim. I have read the MMWA and I know the burden of proof is on the manufacture but you would also need to sue them to force them into proving it was not the cause. And I am fairly sure you would spend more money on the suit then fixing the car. I also speak from experiance where I have had dealerships do work for me and tell me it would still be covered yet to have other dealerships tell me that corporate denied the repair due to the modification and when I talked to them and mentioned the MMWA there basic response was "then sue us". My post was just put out as a warning that even if the dealership says it is covered that does not mean other dealerships will treat it the same nor would Honda corporate. Anyways i have said my piece and placed my warning out there. You can continue to argue the law is on our side but the fact is that you would have to force that law into play and in most cases people do not have the money to do that but I am done with the argument. Enjoy your day.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
You can continue to argue the law is on our side but the fact is that you would have to force that law into play and in most cases people do not have the money to do that but I am done with the argument. Enjoy your day.
This. You have to go after the said dealership that denied you the warranty which takes not just money but a lot of your time.

Better off looking for another dealer that is willing to work with you over taking the initial dealer to court.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
This. You have to go after the said dealership that denied you the warranty which takes not just money but a lot of your time.

Better off looking for another dealer that is willing to work with you over taking the initial dealer to court.
Going to a different dealership only works if the issue didn't get escalated to corporate. If it did get escalated/denied by corporate, bringing it to a different dealership changes nothing.