First sighting of 2016 CIvic Coupe out in public (video)

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I heard from a little birdie at work that we should be receiving the Civic coupes this month. I'm a little anxious to see them. Was wanting one for a good while, but ended up getting a sedan
Not sure how reliable that info is (you'd know better than i do i suppose) but honda even said at the press event for the coupe not to expect them until like March. Though i remember there were conflicting reports of them saying march and saying first quarter of 2016 (which would make january possible). I'd love to see the coupes sooner rather than later, but since honda reps said march, i'd guess march.
Sponsored

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I heard from a little birdie at work that we should be receiving the Civic coupes this month. I'm a little anxious to see them. Was wanting one for a good while, but ended up getting a sedan
That won't be happening. The coupe press launch drive event isn't even until the first week of February and reviews won't be published until the third week of February.

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
That's good to know, thanks. So we should expect reviews out well before the coupes hit dealerships. Anyone remember how long after the sedan reviews did they become available?

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
That's good to know, thanks. So we should expect reviews out well before the coupes hit dealerships. Anyone remember how long after the sedan reviews did they become available?
I might be wrong but Car and Driver did their test and review in October and people were owning the car in mid to late November. So i'd say about a month or so.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I might be wrong but Car and Driver did their test and review in October and people were owning the car in mid to late November. So i'd say about a month or so.
That would make march correct from what honda said at the coupe debut event if the initial press release and reviews are due out mid february. So most likely 3rd or 4th week of march for the coupes to start hitting dealers.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would make march correct from what honda said at the coupe debut event if the initial press release and reviews are due out mid february. So most likely 3rd or 4th week of march for the coupes to start hitting dealers.
Patiently awaiting Hatchback news :(. Rumor was Geneva auto show unveil right?

Mistahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GS350, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Accord Touring
That won't be happening. The coupe press launch drive event isn't even until the first week of February and reviews won't be published until the third week of February.
I could be wrong. Time to go shoot little birdie haha. That was info I got from the inventory manager when I asked about it.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I believe the first sighting on the Road for the sedan was in October. I wrote it down on my calendar at work. I'll check when I get back to the desk!

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Patiently awaiting Hatchback news :(. Rumor was Geneva auto show unveil right?
Sadly it could be another 6 months before we hear about the hatchback, because probably has to be in line with the UK release date (where they're being built) and their civics just got a refresh, so they've got to ride out until at least late summer/early fall until they're due the new civics. Maybe we'll see some earlier here in the states, but my guess would be similar release dates to the sedan, just a year later. So hatches and Si will be 2017 models instead of 2016 like the coupe and sedan are. And an even longer wait for the Type R as honda stated the total rollout of all new models wouldn't be done until 2017 (if i remember correctly).

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sadly it could be another 6 months before we hear about the hatchback, because probably has to be in line with the UK release date (where they're being built) and their civics just got a refresh, so they've got to ride out until at least late summer/early fall until they're due the new civics. Maybe we'll see some earlier here in the states, but my guess would be similar release dates to the sedan, just a year later. So hatches and Si will be 2017 models instead of 2016 like the coupe and sedan are. And an even longer wait for the Type R as honda stated the total rollout of all new models wouldn't be done until 2017 (if i remember correctly).
UK built wow that's pretty cool. Looks like i have a pretty good wait ahead of me to even see what it may look like. Only positive is i can continue to add to my down payment fund.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
UK built wow that's pretty cool. Looks like i have a pretty good wait ahead of me to even see what it may look like. Only positive is i can continue to add to my down payment fund.
Yep, for the time being all hatches and Type R models will be built in the Swindon, UK plant and a small portion of those will be imported to the USA for sale here. Hence why they'll most likely come in a reduced trim lineup compared to the coupe and sedan models (possibly only 1.5T models available?) but the manual 1.5T combo will be available by that time so the 2.0 won't be as important.

I hear you on the down payment wait. I've got another year and a half on my current lease to save up for a (probably) 2017 coupe EX-T.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, for the time being all hatches and Type R models will be built in the Swindon, UK plant and a small portion of those will be imported to the USA for sale here. Hence why they'll most likely come in a reduced trim lineup compared to the coupe and sedan models (possibly only 1.5T models available?) but the manual 1.5T combo will be available by that time so the 2.0 won't be as important.

I hear you on the down payment wait. I've got another year and a half on my current lease to save up for a (probably) 2017 coupe EX-T.
(possibly only 1.5T models available?) i really hope they carry the 2.0 option over. I don't care much for forced induction. I only see the more components as possible future failures etc.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
(possibly only 1.5T models available?) i really hope they carry the 2.0 option over. I don't care much for forced induction. I only see the more components as possible future failures etc.
We really don't know anything yet. But my assumptions about the civic have been pretty spot on since it was first mentioned (i did a series of spec sheets before the car was ever shown that ended up being more or less 90% correct). I've got a pretty good head about the way honda operates these days and it's my belief (as well as a few others on here) that the hatch will most likely come in a reduced trim lineup. They could still offer the EX with 2.0 and up to touring, but i wouldn't put it past honda to only offer the 1.5T either, as quite a few other automakers only offer their more powerful engines on hatch variants due to obviously weight gain that hatches have over sedans/coupes. But again, at this point we know next to nothing, so anything is possible.

It's also worth noting that some time ago when honda first mentioned a new civic coming (before they said or showed anything else) that the 2.0 and 1.5T would both be offered, for the time being. My belief is that eventually the 2.0 will go away completely and the whole civic range will go back to 1 engine from LX to touring, and it'll be the turbo. Granted that might not happen until the 11th gen comes around, but it'll happen eventually i think, it's just a matter of honda getting their ducks in a row and seeing how well the 1.5T does over the next few years. If sales and pricing make sense, they'll drop the N/A engine and use the 1.5T as the only engine choice for the LX-Touring civics.

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We were given some indications at the LA show that we may very well see a hatchback reveal at or around the time of the Geneva auto show (March).
Sponsored