jrogers329

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan Lunar Silver
Country flag
Been a week.....man I’m missing the hell out of my car!!!
Sponsored

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Honda’s no better than any other maker. All cars have problems. Two of my five Hondas were the worst cars I’ve owned, but I still give Honda a chance. I’m just always ready to trade if I get a junker. I’ve traded two Honda Accord coupes at 5,000 miles. Those cars have serious problems. The Civics have suspension noise and a lot of rattles and mystery noises, but are generally reliable.

OP
OP
jrogers329

jrogers329

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got a call from the dealer today. They removed all the interior trim and were replacing the wire harness that runs under the carpet. Somehow in the process, the cracked the plastic trim around the speakers in the rear deck. So now they have to order that part. He said it will take until Monday or Tuesday of next week to get here. So I had the car for 18 days, then it will be in the shop for the next 12. Probably going to call Honda and see if they will waive the first payment because of all the hassle.

I’m beginning to think this car is cursed.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
The Civics have suspension noise and a lot of rattles and mystery noises, but are generally reliable.
This is a fact. Ive never driven a car with as much suspension clunks and noises in my life, definitely shows its budget roots with its suspension rigidity.

OP
OP
jrogers329

jrogers329

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So, I got the car back on Friday. Everything seems to be fine with it. No noises, squeaks or rattles. The dealer did scratch the tint on both drivers side doors windows, but they are going to make it right. The repair ticket said the plug that went to the ASD computer was heavily corroded. That kinda worries me that there may be other corrosion problems later on.

I’ve been driving trucks or SUV’s for the last 25+years, so this car feels like a well tuned sports car to me. Took some back roads home from dinner the last 2 nights and I LOVE how well this car handles. Hit lots of twists and turns it it just stuck to the road. When I hit the highway, I really got on it when I was accelerating....I was able to hit 78 in 3rd gear! That surprised me a lot! I’m looking forward to driving this car more!

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
This is a fact. Ive never driven a car with as much suspension clunks and noises in my life, definitely shows its budget roots with its suspension rigidity.
My rental 2017 Camry feels like a budget econobox compared to my SI I cannot wait to turn in this piece of crap. It's not just slow as a dog, it's got the worst rattles and clunks of any car I have ever driven. And the interior is made up of hard plastic and giant buttons.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
I LOVE how well this car handles. Hit lots of twists and turns it it just stuck to the road.
Sums up my love for it as well. It feels slower in a straight line compared to my Fiesta ST but the mechanical differential is a huge bonus when it comes to handling.

OP
OP
jrogers329

jrogers329

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok...heads up...I went by the dealer today to ask them about my the tint on the Windows’s that was scratched. They are going to fix it...so no big deal there...just a hassle. But I found out some interesting info...

The computer that controls the Active suspension is mounted on the wall to the left of the rear seat BELOW the small quarter window. It is oriented with the plug facing up. The dealer found on the Honda tech forum where another Si had the same problem. They think it was directly caused by the water applied to the windows for the tint process. They were pretty sure that the water ran off the window, and into the plug on the computer, which caused the corrosion. They fixed it all under warranty, and covered and sealed the computer with a plastic bag to help waterproof it. But if you’re going to get window tint, be aware that this can happen.
Sponsored