First Post! First way to ruin my first SI!

OP
OP

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
i was disappointed in the stock lag too.
i got ktuner.
lag is less. throttle ramp is much better. it feels like you took the training wheels off when adding ktuner and adjusting the throttle ramp and turbo ramp.

i avoided the cai due to the possibility of the dealer declaring it was the cause of engine failure due to hydro lock.
there is minimal power gain from the cai anyways(as compared to ktuner). mainly for the sound.

as for other mods.. the ktuner pushes the clutch as it is and makes the car rock! why bother shortening overall life by doing anything more on a daily driver?
And you hit that on the buzzer. I don't want excessive wear. With or without Ktuner I won't be slamming gears.

But I don't want excessive wear unnecessarily.

But my crazy thoughts lead me to believe Ktuner/CAI/Wheel-tires would be a good place to stop. It would allow the car to breath figuratively speaking. And allow me to appreciate the motor I bought.
Sponsored

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Lets be honest though........are we really worried about whats going to happen to our car 200k miles from now? If you can afford this car, then you should be able to afford another one 150k miles later. I was worried about hurting the "longevity" of my car too until I realized I am probably not going to be the owner of this car until it completely brakes down and has to go to the scrap yard.
i was disappointed in the stock lag too.
i got ktuner.
lag is less. throttle ramp is much better. it feels like you took the training wheels off when adding ktuner and adjusting the throttle ramp and turbo ramp.

i avoided the cai due to the possibility of the dealer declaring it was the cause of engine failure due to hydro lock.
there is minimal power gain from the cai anyways(as compared to ktuner). mainly for the sound.

as for other mods.. the ktuner pushes the clutch as it is and makes the car rock! why bother shortening overall life by doing anything more on a daily driver?

Lets be honest though........are we really worried about whats going to happen to our car 200k miles from now? If you can afford this car, then you should be able to afford another one 150k miles later (if that). I was worried about hurting the "longevity" of my car too until I realized I am probably not going to be the owner of this car until it completely breaks down and has to go to the scrap yard. I mean I wouldn't do what this guy did: https://www.civicx.com/threads/2017-honda-civic-blown-motor.20570/ but still there is no reason to have a little fun with it and add some much needed upgrades. CAI is not just for sound. It helps with efficiency. Deff get the CAI. Even for that daily driver.

Last edited:

Turtle3000

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe , 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 SE
Country flag
My Si being my first manual transmission car, and a big step up from my 128 HP 2006 Nissan Sentra, may I ask what you feel is weak about it, I feel as though the car has a lot of power! Then again, I am guessing you may have driven "better/faster" manual cars. In my humble opinion, I think that the power that the Si is pretty great for the city. I live in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles, and we do have a lot of congestion, but there are some nice road around to really let your car sing!

PS, Jay Leno drives the same roads I am referring too, so it is pretty awesome to see what cars he brings out sometimes!

Turtle3000

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe , 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 SE
Country flag
It's a different beast, but it's also the quickest of the Civic platform I've owned. The ECU will limit you where it can---which means disabling VSA is a quick way to improve things while you decide what to modify. Plus, it always feels better once it's broken in and lubed up...my mantra.

Left you a like and a Sub on Youtube by the way!

Tenshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Greatly appreciate the welcome!

And through my research it seems that is 100% true what your saying, the Turbo>VTech all day! But die hard Vtechers will digress.

To further clarify It seems I was a little harsh on us X Gen SI owners. I love the car, it has power, and I wouldnt change it.

But I'm sorely disappointed with the way the engine is nerfed for emissions and US laws.
Agree 100%. I had mine for 6 months and about 2000 miles on the clock and I never really, truely enjoyed it. I bought a manual car to be in tune with the experience and the computer was getting in the way of that.

One Hondata flash later and I was smiling ear to ear every time I drive. It sounds like that is where you are at now, my friend. I have been there, I understand.

You are among like minded people here. If your experience is anything like mine, the flash will be night and day.

Keep in mind, Honda is a large manufacturer. The dealership will sell my grandma the same Si as they sold me. We all start in the same spot- driving a stock car home from the dealership. It is what you choose to do now that will set your car apart from mine and granny's:)

Get the tune and come back to us... we'll be here.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
im offended too, and i dont even know why cobsidering i am weird

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (polished metal)
I also went with the Hondata +6 base tune and it’s like driving a whole new car.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
I have the 19” SI HFP Rims with 2??/35ZR19 TOYO tire (which is all factory) and they weight about 45lbs each with mount and balance.
Which setup are you talking about? The stock wheel and tire or the HFP setup?

The stock setup is 52ish lbs a corner. Hell, the stock all season is around 25lbs by itself.

the HFP setup should be in the mid-high 50's, depending on tire size.

Last edited:

Paramajician

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic SI, 2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
The HFP setup, I weighed them on a regular bathroom scale and they were about 45lbs, tire on the rim of course.