etcsthorne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
May the Maintenance Minder Gods forgive me, I just couldn't wait until 8K miles. I'm right at 4800 miles and it just flipped over to "50%" remaining. Watched it flip from 60% to 50%, was next to Walmart, hard right turn and a 5 quart jug of Penzoil Ultra full synth 0W-20 and a mobile 1 extended life filter.....and an hour later I was changed out....too late to go back to the dark side. Maybe one of these days I'll trust the technology, but I'm old school. LOL! The bag of nylon crush washers I had from my other Civic came in handy today.
Sponsored

EdwinDrn

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, 19' Civic Si
Country flag
I am at 16xx miles, and thinking a lot about this too. I am opting for 0W-20 Mobile 1.

Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
My 2019 Si has only 3000 miles --- but --- took out 2018 CR-V into the dealership last month for first oil change. Miles were at 4500 and the dealership would not change the oil ! Service manager explained that the Honda engines have to go over 5000 miles before the first oil change Has something to do with the Moly lube in the engine. So we ran the CR-V to 5500 and then changed the oil. Just some FYI

OP
OP

etcsthorne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have free oil changes for life, so I left the MM alone (didn't reset it) and I'll let the dealer change it again when it gets to 10% or so. I just can't let oil stay in there that long!

mikey003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
I have free oil changes for life, so I left the MM alone (didn't reset it) and I'll let the dealer change it again when it gets to 10% or so. I just can't let oil stay in there that long!
uuummmm, you now have a mobil1 filter on there,

they will know its been changed,

they will question you about that for warranty purposes, and might ask for a receipt from where you had it changed

OP
OP

etcsthorne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
uuummmm, you now have a mobil1 filter on there,

they will know its been changed,

they will question you about that for warranty purposes, and might ask for a receipt from where you had it changed

True, but they owe me the oil change. I'll fight that battle when it comes.

Pepper's Dad

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 2000 Honda Civic Ex 2007 Lincoln Towncar
Country flag
May the Maintenance Minder Gods forgive me, I just couldn't wait until 8K miles. I'm right at 4800 miles and it just flipped over to "50%" remaining. Watched it flip from 60% to 50%, was next to Walmart, hard right turn and a 5 quart jug of Penzoil Ultra full synth 0W-20 and a mobile 1 extended life filter.....and an hour later I was changed out....too late to go back to the dark side. Maybe one of these days I'll trust the technology, but I'm old school. LOL! The bag of nylon crush washers I had from my other Civic came in handy today.
You found Pennzoil Ultra at Walmart. I have yet to see that oil anywhere except Summit mail order. How much did they ask for it?

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I am old (mid 50's) and also would "cringe" with this but ... as per Honda the first oil change should be done when you hit fifteen percent on the computer. The reason for this is that the engine is equipped with "break in oil" ... I drive an incredible 4.5 miles to work for my current commute (which will change) I have owned my car since Feb 2 and have 1,700 miles. I am at 50 percent!!! I have NO PLANS to do any oil change ... other than to follow the computer down to 15 percent. It's that old conception in play ... frankly ... I too used to change my oil at 1,000 miles. No more. I trust Honda since the guy who put the engineering out to the public is prob in his mid 20's. Millennial folks are "different" than you and me. Yes ... I still use "stamps" ... LOL ...

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
My 2019 Si has only 3000 miles --- but --- took out 2018 CR-V into the dealership last month for first oil change. Miles were at 4500 and the dealership would not change the oil ! Service manager explained that the Honda engines have to go over 5000 miles before the first oil change Has something to do with the Moly lube in the engine. So we ran the CR-V to 5500 and then changed the oil. Just some FYI
My 2006 Pilot had the break-in Moly lube oil and a mention to give it time to work.
Haven't seen it since in the next CRV and the Si.

OP
OP

etcsthorne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You found Pennzoil Ultra at Walmart. I have yet to see that oil anywhere except Summit mail order. How much did they ask for it?
I guess I misspoke. It's Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 0W-20 and it has a green sticker that says "redesigned for turbo-charged engines". Apologies. It was $22.00 for the 5 quart jug.

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I did just my first oil change in my 2020 Si at 5,120 miles (30% left per Maintenance Minder) Bought it on 10/18/2019.

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Did my first oil change at 7k miles MM was at 10%. Now I am at 11.5k and it's at 40%

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
hmm, well that seems funny. I took my 2019 SI in with 2500 miles and had my local dealer change the oil and filter with out issue. Had the car since mid July. My maint/minder was at 50% I believe for the oil life
Sponsored