First Oil Change

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Country flag
I did my frist oil change at 12429km (7723 miles) or 30% oil life. I found a Mahle oil filter and was replaced by a M1-110. As you can see in the pictures below, the inside holes in the M1-110 are very small compare to the OEM. For my next oil change I'll go with a Honda filter. Oil analysis will be posted as soon as I have it.

Honda Civic 10th gen First Oil Change Z5xyKMZ

Honda Civic 10th gen First Oil Change AWgo0kE

Honda Civic 10th gen First Oil Change j19ae9x

Honda Civic 10th gen First Oil Change 6TjZv2i

Attachments

confid3ntiaL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX 4dr sedan 2.0L Vtech, 1997 Acura Integra LS
Country flag
5000 miles, mostly city and at 30%. When taking it on to the dealer for oil change do they automatically look at the MM or just do there routine oil change. In other words later on down the line, do I have to spell it out for them whenever I go into a dealer for MM service or oil change?

Thanks

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
5000 miles, mostly city and at 30%. When taking it on to the dealer for oil change do they automatically look at the MM or just do there routine oil change.
Depends on the dealer. Some would be perfectly happy selling you an oil change every week or 1,000 miles. Others are less desperate to get in their customers' wallets.

89civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX auto
Country flag
I've had my car for about 6 months now with 2300 miles. I am hearing a clicking/rattle sound from the engine(valves?) but only when I accelerate and the engine is warm. It's not very noticeable yet but it's always there. Not sure what to do.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had my car for about 6 months now with 2300 miles. I am hearing a clicking/rattle sound from the engine(valves?) but only when I accelerate and the engine is warm. It's not very noticeable yet but it's always there. Not sure what to do.
Is this your first direct injection car? You might just be hearing the injectors, they are pretty loud. I really don't hear them inside the car when driving tho, mostly just when I pull into my garage.

89civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX auto
Country flag
Is this your first direct injection car? You might just be hearing the injectors, they are pretty loud. I really don't hear them inside the car when driving tho, mostly just when I pull into my garage.
No, it's multi-port injection. I thought it might be related to the oil viscocity and lifter tick. I tried a higher octane fuel but this didn't make much difference.

RandalChan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
I am sorry if this is a repeat question, but how much was everyone's first service?? When I had a new Audi, it was $500 for the first service so I am trying to brace up for it haha

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I am sorry if this is a repeat question, but how much was everyone's first service?? When I had a new Audi, it was $500 for the first service so I am trying to brace up for it haha
Wow, in terms of maintenance cost, you'll enjoy owning a Honda a lot more than an Audi. My first service was just over $100. It was at 13,000 km/9 months. Included oil & filter (0W-20 full synthetic), tire rotation, top up all fluids, check tires, etc.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
I did my frist oil change at 12429km (7723 miles) or 30% oil life. I found a Mahle oil filter and was replaced by a M1-110. As you can see in the pictures below, the inside holes in the M1-110 are very small compare to the OEM. For my next oil change I'll go with a Honda filter. Oil analysis will be posted as soon as I have it.
I'm at 4900 miles and I know my oil is shot. It's been mid to high 90s all summer. I just don't trust anyone in the profession to touch this car.

Last edited:

Oxanamide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
Random question, but is 18 mm drain plug crush washer the right size for Honda Civic 2016 EX?

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Changed mine for the first time today at 2,300 miles. Oil life was at 20% :eek:

Changed oil and filter. Reset the maintenance minder and it changed to B. I tried to reset the B code anyways and it stayed the same. I'm guessing I was supposed to leave it alone after resetting A...

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
I am petrified to even take my car anywhere. I can't give you an exact number but it is close to 5200 miles on the FF. I even phoned the dealer who said they are coming in at 5k and my MM is off cause I reset it by mistake twice. I know I am do but can't fathom this thing being seized and under the duress of someone else's hands.

Also, I am averse to putting full syn in if the drivetrain doesn't need it and is somehow "Different By Design" to take an adage from my favorite rep-machine ad-verse-ment.

This makes me melancholy cause I really want to use the bad-ass synthetic filter from the likes of the Wix XP or how bout that fuzzy Fram ULTRA. (and I can't cause it's synthetic media that *goes with* man-da-terry synthetic oil)

Last edited:

arhncmh

It's not my fault, really.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
I am petrified to even take my car anywhere. I can't give you an exact number but it is close to 5200 miles on the FF. I even phoned the dealer who said they are coming in at 5k and my MM is off cause I reset it by mistake twice. I know I am do but can't fathom this thing being seized and under the duress of someone else's hands.

Also, I am averse to putting full syn in if the drivetrain doesn't need it and is somehow "Different By Design" to take an adage from my favorite rep-machine ad-verse-ment.

This makes me melancholy cause I really want to use the bad-ass synthetic filter from the likes of the Wix XP or how bout that fuzzy Fram ULTRA. (and I can't cause it's synthetic media that *goes with* man-da-terry synthetic oil)
:bow:
Sponsored