First oil change for civic Type R

Pinkbunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Type R
Guys, i have about 900 miles on my Red CTR. What did you guys do about your 1st oil change? when did you do it? what did you use? lets open a discussion about oil changes.

-Pink Bunny
Sponsored

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
Country flag
Haven't done it. Use the maintenance minder and wait til its at 15%...but be warned oil change and weight topics all across the internet usually devolve into all sorts of conspiracy theories, name calling, accusations, bans, etc. No seriously...oil is almost like bringing up politics and religion at your workplace...enter at your own peril

Last edited:

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Guys, i have about 900 miles on my Red CTR. What did you guys do about your 1st oil change? when did you do it? what did you use? lets open a discussion about oil changes.

-Pink Bunny
That's it??

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Going to do mine at 5k miles, car has about 3500 now. Going to do MTF change at the same time as well, planning to use Amsoil 0w20 (w/ Honda OEM filter) and Amsoil Synchromesh.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't done it. Use the maintenance minder and wait til its at 15%...but be warned oil change and weight topics all across the internet usually devolve into all sorts of conspiracy theories, name calling, accusations, bans, etc. No seriously...oil is almost like bringing up politics and religion at your workplace...enter at your own peril
And its guys like you who are trying to get the absolute maximum life out of they're oil; you guys are always the ones to get upset about oil threads hehehe. That stuff will be like 0W10 @ 15% life lol, to each his own! Ive changed mine 3 times in 3 months, 12k miles.

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
I change my oil every 5k never had an engine failure in 15 years. Knock on wood tho haha