First mods??

UnMass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 1.5T 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you, yes I am going to order the rear part today. I need to upgrade this handling ASAP. I’m also thinking about getting the front sway bar as well. I am use to driving an AWD ISFsport and the handling was superb. Do you have any other suggestions on upgrades for the HB? I love the purple calipers
Regarding the front sway bar - I've heard this is a somewhat difficult mod. I think you'll have to remove more parts to get to it. I haven't looked into it too much myself since it would counter-act the oversteer I have from the rsb (I like oversteer). As for other recommendations - I don't have much. I personally really wanted an exhaust and intake (had them done on my last car) but from all the dyno charts I've seen on here so far, both of those upgrades net very minimal gains, if any. It seems if you buy those, it's pretty much just for fun sounds. (which is still totally cool Imo, but I just have a hard time justifying so much money for only sound) . If power is what you're after, you'll want a ktuner or hondata. (I highly recommend finding some of vitvipers posts. I could be wrong, but I believe he's still got the highest power civic on here. He posts dyno graphs and all sorts of trial and error testing info.) I believe the down pipe is also somewhat restrictive, so you can get some gains from that (but I think that's mostly once you start tuning). If you're planning to track the car or do a lot of racing, an intercooler upgrade might be beneficial as well. (I've read that after like 2-3 hard pulls, you'll notice some power loss after that due to heat soak). Hope that helps man. I highly suggest just digging through these forums - you'll find plenty of good information about your new civic!
Sponsored

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
Man, oversteer and CVT sounds like an awful combo. How do you get back on the gas to straighten out the rear?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Man, oversteer and CVT sounds like an awful combo. How do you get back on the gas to straighten out the rear?
Hopefully, the driver is using "S" mode and shifted via the paddles (a perk of the Sport hatchbacks), which seems to keep the driveline engaged more solidly.

I haven't [yet] taken my car somewhere to safely explore under/oversteer tendencies. But I don't think plain ol' "S" or "D" modes stay engaged like a manual while under braking or when lifting off the throttle.

UnMass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 1.5T 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry, I drive a sport hatch manual and with the rsb/oversteer, it feels, to me, how it should've come from the factory (turns less like a boat)

bluecivicgurl

First Name
Jai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LexusISF and 18HBST
Country flag
Sorry, I drive a sport hatch manual and with the rsb/oversteer, it feels, to me, how it should've come from the factory (turns less like a boat)
Yes I wish I would of got a manual. Thank you for the tips
Sponsored