I know but they're MadJDMCool SuperTyteYo!!! Hahaha!!!!Atmospheric BOV is a waste of efficiency, which is why it is considered a diverted valve that equalizes the pressure difference off throttle. Usually a spacer off the compressor housing will satisfy most tuners, but it sounds like a bus sometimes.
I am wondering why they did not switch the compressor and turbine positions so the intake piping does not need to run right above the turbine lol. A Cold air intake on this car might not do much....Ooh nice shot!
Some things I notice-
1. Oil filter at a strange point - all the way under the AC compressor. Should make for easier access, but isn't exactly the safest location if you ask me-
2. Integrated oil cooler - for transmission? I can't tell where the lines go but it looks to me like they're going to the transmission. Interesting!
3. Electronic power steering!
4. Looks like the downpipe and turbo flange are one piece...definitely possible to do a nice cat-delete (probably pick up 25+ hp!) but I don't see a way to make the wastegate external. I don't know that I'd want to anyway, just saying.
5. I see the integrated BOV. Looks like it's dumping charge gas just in front of the compressor inlet. I see the MAF in the 2nd pic so I guess an external BOV dump will require a little bit of tuning or trickery.
I don't think CAI's on turbo cars generally do as much anyway. Once the air is compressed it heats up much more anyway. The temperature of the compressed air is about the same if the CAI only makes the intake air 20degF cooler... now if you can make it maybe 60 deg cooler then we're talking, but otherwise the true gains tend to be more from improved flow (at the cost of increased noise) more than the colder intake temps.I am wondering why they did not switch the compressor and turbine positions so the intake piping does not need to run right above the turbine lol. A Cold air intake on this car might not do much....
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|What does everyone think of the upcoming Mazda3 2.5Turbo?||General 10th Gen Discussions||9|
|Is turbo flutter bad?||General 10th Gen Discussions||0|
|Admin please delete or combine with other spoon turbo thread||Engine / Exhaust / Transmission / Tuning||4|
|Spoon big turbo upgrade||Engine / Exhaust / Transmission / Tuning||15|
|Honda R&D officer says 2.0L turbo VTEC launches next March for U.S.!||Civic Si Forum (10th Gen)||121|