17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
looks AWD to me ... look at the set of the rear on at the last left / right corner !!
Look at the one shot of the side - you can clearly see the driveshaft nut on the front but not on the rear. Unless they're using a different means of securing the driveshaft in order to mask the AWD factor, I think we are looking at FWD.

limitedslip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Si coupe, 13 Si coupe, 10 Si Coupe
K
Look at the one shot of the side - you can clearly see the driveshaft nut on the front but not on the rear. Unless they're using a different means of securing the driveshaft in order to mask the AWD factor, I think we are looking at FWD.
.. fair enough ... was looking at the 'movement' and stance of the car as it transitioned through the left - right corner at speed ... looks like the rear was also driving the car out the corner :dunno:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
K

.. fair enough ... was looking at the 'movement' and stance of the car as it transitioned through the left - right corner at speed ... looks like the rear was also driving the car out the corner :dunno:
No doubt. That's just the Honda way - when they were awesome they were hellaperformers.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Good observations. With regards to the CTR's corner exit behavior, Ford tuned the ST and RS the same way. Same behaviors despite one being AWD.

I point it out to emphasize how far FWD has come in terms of balance and handling - even when compared with some Honda's extreme platforms from the 90's. Even the RWD fanatics are mildly impressed with today's suspension/chassis tuning.

ozzymir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRV
Oh no, not the red lip rims again. I really dislike this element of current CTR.

Did you notice that both recently spotted prototypes have small differences?

Honda Civic 10th gen First look at 2017 Civic Type R Hatchback Prototype! Spy pics ctrs

Last edited:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh no, not the red lip rims again. I really dislike this element of current CTR.

Did you notice that both recently spotted prototypes have small differences?

Honda Civic 10th gen First look at 2017 Civic Type R Hatchback Prototype! Spy pics ctrs
In the top one, that's definitely a TypeR badge in the front upper grill!!
Red lip rims - I think the red is only on the 'red' pack or whatever option where you get red highlights and stuff.
Outer bumper grill gains some air directors it seems.
Door glass looks like it is now safety glass instead of deathglass.
Anything I'm missing?

A couple things I notice that I definitely love - it looks like the upper portion of the front window is housing the HondaSensing stuff!

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
In the top one, that's definitely a TypeR badge in the front upper grill!!
Red lip rims - I think the red is only on the 'red' pack or whatever option where you get red highlights and stuff.
Outer bumper grill gains some air directors it seems.
Door glass looks like it is now safety glass instead of deathglass.
Anything I'm missing?

A couple things I notice that I definitely love - it looks like the upper portion of the front window is housing the HondaSensing stuff!
My thinking is the top car is what we'll see in the dealer's, LED's and red accent rims in all. The bottom car looks like it wants a certain record back. Nonetheless, I love how extreme the aero still is... but so much more Integrated than the 9th gen .

Kokuryu2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe, 2016 HRV
Vehicle Showcase
My thinking is the top car is what we'll see in the dealer's, LED's and red accent rims in all. The bottom car looks like it wants a certain record back. Nonetheless, I love how extreme the aero still is... but so much more Integrated than the 9th gen .
It would be great if the top one is type R and the bottom is Si.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It would be great if the top one is type R and the bottom is Si.
My guess is the top one is a camo'd production version of what we will see-but with different wheels. Otherwise why bother with the TypeR badge?
The bottom is preproduction TypeR-although I'd love if the Si had those huge brembos.

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My guess is the top one is a camo'd production version of what we will see-but with different wheels. Otherwise why bother with the TypeR badge?
The bottom is preproduction TypeR-although I'd love if the Si had those huge brembos.
I doubt we'll get brembo brakes on the SI being that it is a budget sports car, A lot of sources are saying that the SI and type R will share many components so I'm sure we'll have some type R heritage in there :), without the price tag lol.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everything that I've heard & read says that the SI will be in coupe & sedan forms only, the CTR in hatch only. I think the top version is production version as well. It really looks like the design elements have come together. I dig.